Nfl 2009-2010

Some glad I won my fantasy league already, Orton and Moreno look like shit.

Prater scored more than Moreno for me so far :lol:

Good first half 20-17 SD

It's time for the bar!! I expect a fight

I can't believe there were three returns for scores last night. Amazing. Broncos are turning me into a believer though I can't imagine them beating Indy or NE in the playoffs.

And that wasn't a touchdown by Stokely. The ruling was preposterous. The linesman only signaled touchdown when Stokely rolled over - after he had been downed by a defender. Yes Stokely's legs were in the end zone when he caught the pass but the ball never broke the plain before he was touched down. It was extremely close and I personlly think Denver would have went for it on fourth and inches so it's probably moot in the end. But the replay explanation was a joke.

And why don't they have cams stationed on the goal line? The NFL/TV has all these camera angles but never one on the goal line, which, you know, might be important.

I can't believe there were three returns for scores last night. Amazing. Broncos are turning me into a believer though I can't imagine them beating Indy or NE in the playoffs.

And that wasn't a touchdown by Stokely. The ruling was preposterous. The linesman only signaled touchdown when Stokely rolled over - after he had been downed by a defender. Yes Stokely's legs were in the end zone when he caught the pass but the ball never broke the plain before he was touched down. It was extremely close and I personlly think Denver would have went for it on fourth and inches so it's probably moot in the end. But the replay explanation was a joke.

And why don't they have cams stationed on the goal line? The NFL/TV has all these camera angles but never one on the goal line, which, you know, might be important.

Yeah the goal line cam would be useful, although it would have to be removed a bit from the field so players didnt run into it.

Dumervil is not undersized anymore he is playing linebacker this year

Dumervil is not undersized anymore he is playing linebacker this year

At 5”11 he is still undersized, even after making the move from defensive end. The ideal prototype for an OLB in Nolan’s defense would be around 6”4, 255 pounds, with 4.6 speed. Not that it matters when you can flat out get to the passer like he can. He’s a tough football player rather than just an athlete.

As in he's not living up to previous hype or as in he's built like a brick shithouse?

Either or, he's not on the roids these days which means he's not the beast he once was.

As in the hype of his return and his claims during the off-season that he would be back to his best after the injuries. The use of steroids could affect his rehabilitation from injuries and the likelihood that he will pick up little niggles for the rest of his career. Players like him and Bob Sanders are so highly strung in terms of body mass and maxing out their potential etc that any slight injury can be hard to recover from. He is not a ‘natural athlete’ when compared to the likes of DeMarcus Ware or Terrell Suggs. With this being his contract year and the differences with AJ Smith, I doubt he will be there next year.

Funnily enough the release of Tully Banta-Cain, Joey Galloway, Eric Alexander, and Michael Matthews today would allow the Patriots to absorb a player with a full-season base salary of $2.85 million. Merriman is one of the players being linked to the Patriots in silly last minute trade rumours, especially with Adalius Thomas being a healthy scratch against the Titans. Not going to happen.

Peppers wont be going anywhere during the season he is too expensive

I suspect the Broncos will get beaten this weekend, that said I have suspected the same thing for the past three weekends as well

Cable wont be charged which is good news for the Raiders, the last thing we need is an on going saga like that.

My love for Jerod Mayo and his freakish athleticism for the linebacker position is under serious threat!

“It’s big. It’s big. I need to see the sport,” Jerod Mayo said standing on the turf at the Brit Oval, the Surrey County Cricket Club’s pitch that served as New England’s temporary practice field on Friday. “I’m not really familiar with the sport. I saw their version of SportsCenter on TV last night and the sports on there a little different than they are back home. I saw bike racing, and snooker or something and things like that. So it’s interesting.”

And obviously football to those in the United Kingdom refers to soccer, a sport that Mayo said he’s only involved with in a virtual sense.

“I play a little FIFA on my Playstation. Manchester United and all those teams,” Mayo said, before again referencing a key soccer match that’s also taking place this Sunday between Manchester United and Liverpool that the linebacker became familiar with via the TV news. “It’s supposed to be a big game for Liverpool. They really need this victory. So hopefully they pull it out.”

My love for Jerod Mayo and his freakish athleticism for the linebacker position is under serious threat!

“It’s big. It’s big. I need to see the sport,” Jerod Mayo said standing on the turf at the Brit Oval, the Surrey County Cricket Club’s pitch that served as New England’s temporary practice field on Friday. “I’m not really familiar with the sport. I saw their version of SportsCenter on TV last night and the sports on there a little different than they are back home. I saw bike racing, and snooker or something and things like that. So it’s interesting.”

And obviously football to those in the United Kingdom refers to soccer, a sport that Mayo said he’s only involved with in a virtual sense.

“I play a little FIFA on my Playstation. Manchester United and all those teams,” Mayo said, before again referencing a key soccer match that’s also taking place this Sunday between Manchester United and Liverpool that the linebacker became familiar with via the TV news. “It’s supposed to be a big game for Liverpool. They really need this victory. So hopefully they pull it out.”

He is a Patriot, he can't help but do things to make himself hated. That said Im not the biggest fan of Brady but he was fecking class in Entourage this summer.

Funnily enough the release of Tully Banta-Cain, Joey Galloway, Eric Alexander, and Michael Matthews today would allow the Patriots to absorb a player with a full-season base salary of $2.85 million. Merriman is one of the players being linked to the Patriots in silly last minute trade rumours, especially with Adalius Thomas being a healthy scratch against the Titans. Not going to happen.

why did they do that? He was more than serviceable?

why did they do that? He was more than serviceable?

Yeah, he has been the Pat’s most consistent pass rusher up until this point. I don’t fully understand myself to be honest; him and Alexander were released and then re-signed in some kind of procedural matter. Apparently both players were on one year, $620,000 minimum salary benefit deals so their contracts could not be extended or re-negotiated. Procedurally, both had to be released and re-signed to new deals instead of having their current deals re-worked. Adam Schefter was also reporting that Banta-Cain has now signed a multi-year deal.

What’s your solution for the predicament we find ourselves in tomorrow, Muller? I can’t believe that I as a Mancunian, am in danger of missing a United – Liverpool game for the first time in memory due to my obsession with Americans chasing around an odd shaped ball. I’m due to arrive in London just before one so hopefully I can find a decent pub or something to watch the game at. My tailgate ticket will likely go to waste.

Last year in certain tents there were Sky Sports showing the football, Chelsea - Liverpool as it was last year.

Failing that, the same as you, or it might just have to be radio on my phone. Its a horrible situation to go - but I may never see the Patriots, in particular Welker and Brady play again, so I plan to try my best and squeeze my way into closer circles in the hope of meeting them!

It's such a joke that they play games in London, if it was my team losing a home game I would fecking knock Roger Gooddell right in his face

The owners are approving this game in London and I'm sure they are doing it only for increased cashflow. It's not ultimately Goodell's call - the owners have to vote yes or no.

If they do decide to extend the schedule, maybe add an odd number of games instead, the odd one being a game in London or somewhere else overseas so every team has to do it but nobody loses a home game. Make it a non-divisional game so the stakes aren't too high where not having that game at home doesn't hurt too bad.

With 32 teams that's 16 overseas games to help spread the brand, generate revenue, etc. So weeks 2 through 17 (leave opening week at home) play a game overseas and (assuming they add more than 1 game to the schedule) leave the end of the schedule at home for the playoff push.

I'd certainly rather they do that before they decide to play a Super Bowl overseas. And I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Keyser and Muller get to see their beloved Pats play live every year. Well only if they play in London. I think it would be nice to mix things up a bit to not oversaturate the market in London.
Owners get more revenue (and I'm sure the players would get a cut out of it too)
Players get to spend a week (give or take depending on how soon they travel) in a foreign country and experience a new culture.
The league popularity gets to grow.
Nobody loses a home game.
More games on the schedule in general.

The only thing that sucks is actually having to travel, a lot of which is handled by the team anyways.

If they do decide to extend the schedule, maybe add an odd number of games instead, the odd one being a game in London or somewhere else overseas so every team has to do it but nobody loses a home game. Make it a non-divisional game so the stakes aren't too high where not having that game at home doesn't hurt too bad.

With 32 teams that's 16 overseas games
to help spread the brand, generate revenue, etc. So weeks 2 through 17 (leave opening week at home) play a game overseas and (assuming they add more than 1 game to the schedule) leave the end of the schedule at home for the playoff push.

I'd certainly rather they do that before they decide to play a Super Bowl overseas. And I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Keyser and Muller get to see their beloved Pats play live every year. Well only if they play in London. I think it would be nice to mix things up a bit to not oversaturate the market in London.
Owners get more revenue (and I'm sure the players would get a cut out of it too)
Players get to spend a week (give or take depending on how soon they travel) in a foreign country and experience a new culture.
The league popularity gets to grow.
Nobody loses a home game.
More games on the schedule in general.

The only thing that sucks is actually having to travel, a lot of which is handled by the team anyways.

It is a fecking joke.

All it is does is feck over the true fans

Now, I have no trouble with muller or Keyser, but if they want to see the Patriots play they should fecking go to Gillette Stadium. Also Wembley is a shit field for games. Furthermore would they go if the Patriots werent playing, basically for these to work you need a marquee team. Wonder if it would be a sell out for Buffalo-Cleveland or something like that

It's as stupid as the 39th game idea for the EPL

Leagues should not play regular/post-season games in other countries (save Canada in MLB, NBA and NHL of course). I don't want a Premiership match played in the US. Neither should the NFL go overseas. They're doing it in the regular-season so people will attend. If it's a pre-season game, no one would go. Not for those prices.

Yeah another thing that is ludicrous is the idea of an NBA European Division haha that would be a joke