Nfl 2009-2010

Searl! How ‘bout Freddy Taylor at the age of 33? While the likes of LT and Larry Johnson (who looks awful) seem to have hit the wall, the old man still looks like a strong runner. The key series of the game was when the Pats had the ball at the Falcons' 41 and called four straight run plays to Taylor -- 8, 19, 6 and 8 yards (TD). Moss stepped up huge as well and fought through his back problems. Roddy White and Gonzalez were kept relatively quiet and I thought Brandon McGowan had very good game helping to defend the middle of the field. Was the revamped secondary a little better than you expected? You were 2/9 on third down I believe. There is still room for improvement by the Pats with Ed Reed and the Ravens coming to town next, there were too many points left in the red-zone, once again. I’m confident it will come though.

A beautiful thing I must say the way the NE D played, im glad we have a week off to re-assess our situation, we've still got alot of confidence, we just got a bit of a reality check.

What's to hate about the Saints, AS?

I'm a Falcons fan mate :lol:

I totally stole this by the way. Apologies if it's old.

Jake Delhomme tried to kill himself after the game tonight. It didn't work. The bullet was intercepted.

:lol: I nearly pissed myself reading that

To be fair he should have tried to kill Steve Smith. fecked up on a couple of routes leading to one INT but was acting like a cnut on the sideline.

I fecking hate that twat, an over-rated piece of shit, always has been.

Can someone explain the Dallas coaching decisions? They're ramming the ball down Carolina's throats all game and on 2nd and 3rd down from the 1 they call two corner end zone pass plays? I can understand maybe the 2nd down pass which Williams should have caught, though I do think the defender managed to knock the ball away as Williams was trying to bring it down to his body. But the identical play on 3rd down? Insane. Just let Choice run it in or Romo sneak it. FFS.

Wade Phillips is a shitty head football coach that's why

And Garrett isn't as great as made out to be. Should never have forced Parcells out. Look at former assistants in Dallas forced out that are now head coaches. Payton, Sparano, Haley. Well Payton wasn't forced out, he chose to left. Parcells tried to retain him but couldn't.

They should have gone for Shanny in the offseason, and told Wade he could be defensive coordinator take it or leave it.

They should have gone for Shanny in the offseason, and told Wade he could be defensive coordinator take it or leave it.

Depends on if Shanahan was fired or whatnot, like Jimmy when he left Dallas. I seem to recall that if Dallas hired Shanahan that Denver could ask for draft pick compensation. Not sure if that's the case. If he was fired then he'd be a free agent. I believe the deal between Jerry and Jimmy was that no other NFL team could sign Jimmy for two years.

I'd rather go for Cowher as I think Dallas needs some serious discipline.

I think the more actual truth is that with a potential lockout in 2010 or 2011, Jerry didn't want to pay a coach $6-10m per season to do nothing. Phillips is only being paid like $2-3m. Most think Garrett is the puppett, err coach in waiting. I fecking hope not.

Shanny was fired, so no draft pick would have been owed, and is owed 21 million by Denver, thus if Dallas would have hired him for 5 million a year, Denver would have had to pay the extra 2 million!

Yeah I wanted Cowher in Denver myself, reckon he will end up with the Redskins though at the end of this year, he wanted a year or two off and he lives in VA so I see him ending up there.

Big litmus test for me Saints today. If we go to 4-0 by beating a very good team in the Jets, I'll be as giddy as a little schoolgirl.

Piss off, AS!

Can someone point me in the direction of something to read regarding this lockout situation ?

Have no idea what it is meant to be about.

Patriots playing well, but again Brady has just struggled so far in this game. Not a single good deep ball, and he was just sacked for a Raven TD off of his fumble.

Previously, Patriots had fumbled the KO return.

The last fumble by the Patriots was 27 quarters ago.

I reckon the Patriots will lose this now.

Too many 9 or more yard throwing plays allowed on this drive, and no time left to get back into it if the Ravens score.

Hope our D proves us wrong.

128950352159433582.jpg

Steelers would be better with Kyle Orton as their QB. What a spazzer that Ben Rothliswhatever is.

That was a sick play by Marshall to win the game

Well I'm loving the 49ers defense.

Agree - I think we look much improved this year.

Nice to get a TD of each against the Rams - one on offense, one on defense and one special teams!

I wish we could play the Rams every week!

Patriots playing well, but again Brady has just struggled so far in this game. Not a single good deep ball, and he was just sacked for a Raven TD off of his fumble.

Muller, you surprise me here. This was by far Brady’s best game and his movement in the pocket, as in little steps to avoid rushers was brilliant. I only saw him flinch once and that was when Suggs nearly dived into his knee resulting in a 15 yard penalty. He did not see him coming at all from his blindside on the strip sack either, Light just got beat badly. You can’t force the ball down the field with Reed back there, he didn’t even do that in the comeback in 2007. He hit nine different receivers and the Pats scored three touchdowns in five red zone opportunities after going 1 for 8 the last two weeks. Putting the ball in the end zone with the QB sneak helped to set the tone as well, it’s now clear this team will have a much different identity than the last time he was under centre for a whole season.

Speaking of safeties from the U, did you see Meriweather’s play to break up the touchdown pass after Sanders messed up in coverage? He came all the way from the other side of the field like a bullet. He is really starting to come along now and seems intent on filling Hot Rod’s shoes, he was one of the best players on the field. McGowan has been a real find as well, even going as far as taking over the starting job of Sanders. He is like a poor man’s version of Bob Sanders from the Colts, undersized, fast, reckless and with little regard for his own body. The defensive backfield as a whole is much improved.

loving the cowboys' loss. their only wins are over winless teams. they face another winless team next week so they'll be 3-2.

They should be 4-0 blowing fourth quarter leads in both; basically handed both games on a silver platter to the other team. But this is what I've come to expect as long as Phillips is coach and Jones still claims he's a GM.

I'm still looking for an answer to where Bennett was on those plays inside the DEN 5 as time wound down. Why throw twice to a scrub player like Hurd who is blanketed by one of the best CBs in the game? FFS just lob to Bennett in the corner.

Well I'm loving the 49ers defense.

I really believe we can win the division this year. Seahawks and Rams are total cack, and the University of Phoenix Cardinals have that SB hangover. THIS IS OUR YEAR! [/liverpool] Apparently Cuntree will sign soon, according to his chief douche Deion Sanders.

Meanwhile, there are rumours that the Raiders head coach will be arrested very soon, and that they are looking at who will be the interim coach. Also, they tried to ban Rich Gannon from doing their broadcast from their stadium, saying that his remarks about "blowing up the team" made light of 9/11. LOFL. :lol:

Yeah didnt really understand why Romo felt the need to go after Bailey all game.