Nfl 2009-2010

Those Seahawk shirts are atrocious

Denver set an NFL record for least points allowed in three games to start a season

I don't think their D is that good, super offense though

Defense doesn't have to be that good, but it is. Vastly improved from last season. Only points allowed today vs the Bills were via a fake field goal.

Defense doesn't have to be that good, but it is. Vastly improved from last season. Only points allowed today vs the Bills were via a fake field goal.

Famous last words

Nah, we've added a new defensive coordinator and a few notable players as well. The stats don't favor us so much because we've beaten the piss out of everyone we've played so in turn we've given up some meaningless passing yards. We'll be in the top 5 against the run after this week though, if not #1. We'll be the darlings of the media in a few weeks. Mark me words...

Nah, we've added a new defensive coordinator and a few notable players as well. The stats don't favor us so much because we've beaten the piss out of everyone we've played so in turn we've given up some meaningless passing yards. We'll be in the top 5 against the run after this week though, if not #1. We'll be the darlings of the media in a few weeks. Mark me words...

Nope. That spot is reserved for Brett Favre and Brett Favre, alone.

Nope. That spot is reserved for Brett Favre and Brett Favre, alone.

Did you vomit at the announcers sucking Farve off this week? "OMG, Brett's throws just so powerful, his receivers can't handle them!" "He has so much respect, the ref is fixing his shoulder pad for him!" "He can't control himself, he just loves the game so much!" fecking hell, get a room.

Well guys, I just wanna say, I'm throwing myself off a bridge now. You caftards have been swell.

I do think the hatred is a bit unwarranted unless of course you are a Packers fan

Of course I respect what he's done. I'm just a bit frustrated that he managed to do it for about the 26th time against my team.

And yes I definitely got sick of the announcers kissing his ass, but I suppose any announcing can get repetitive to someone that's been watching the game for a long time. For someone new to the game, that may be a little over the top, but insightful to some degree.

Edit: Congrats on being 3-0, Alex. I was so close to being able to join you in that club today.

Warner got sacked for a 30 yard loss, that was fecking hilarious

JCurr you're a Saints fan !?

And we were just getting to hate each other a little less :lol:

Manning turning this into a one sided game.

Peyton means business

Why all this hatred against Favre. He is the Ryan Giggs of American football. He may play for a rival but you have to respect what he has done and keeps doing.

AWFUL comparison

Big Ben showing his full repertoire once again - escaping tackle after tackle, keeping play after play alive to drive the team forward. There isn't another QB in the league who can do that.

Spoke too soon

fecking A the Broncos are 3-0!

The surprise package of the season... Orton looks more composed then Cutler ever did, and that running game is on FIRE

Defense doesn't have to be that good.

Dallas 2007
St Louis 2001
Minnesota 1998
San Francisco 1987

Just off the top of my head. Those were the best teams each season (well, NE was in 2007 but Dallas was tops in NFC) and fell apart when it mattered most - mainly due to weak defenses. All of these teams had high octane offenses, especially the 98 Vikings.

I remember the 95 Lions scoring points for fun late in the season and everyone was talking how they would make some noise in the playoffs. I was really worried they'd beat Philly then come to Dallas and put a scare in the Boys defense that was ranked in the middle of the pack. That said, I knew a team with a good offense could score on Detroit. And Philly did just that... scoring 58!

Why all this hatred against Favre. He is the Ryan Giggs of American football. He may play for a rival but you have to respect what he has done and keeps doing.

Nah, Favre is more like Stevie Me - media darling, overrated, can't do no wrong, all eyes on me,etc. And like Gerrard, Favre has won only one meaningful trophy in his career to date. Where as Giggs should be likened to Montana or perhaps Jerry Rice, guys who won countless trophies and set records and are often considered the best ever at their position.

Nah, Favre is more like Stevie Me - media darling, overrated, can't do no wrong, all eyes on me,etc. And like Gerrard, Favre has won only one meaningful trophy in his career to date. Where as Giggs should be likened to Montana or perhaps Jerry Rice, guys who won countless trophies and set records and are often considered the best ever at their position.

I think he was making the comparison due to the longevity, but I definitely see your point. The Giggs - Rice comparison definitely makes sense to me. Two of the finest athletes to ever play their sport. Absolute class acts on and off the field. Seemed to slow the effects of aging by being incredibly fit, and even after the effects of age caught up with them, they managed to reinvent their games to remain productive by being so damn smart at what they do.

Also Shawn Hill is magic. The guy's a feckin winner. Simple as that. Only the playcalling (on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball) today let him down. I swear it was 3rd and goal from the 20 yard line, and I still knew he was going to throw a TD. Some of the shittiest mechanics I've ever seen from a QB but holy shit am I glad we have him.

People making comparisons across sports is fecking stupid hth.

Searl! How ‘bout Freddy Taylor at the age of 33? While the likes of LT and Larry Johnson (who looks awful) seem to have hit the wall, the old man still looks like a strong runner. The key series of the game was when the Pats had the ball at the Falcons' 41 and called four straight run plays to Taylor -- 8, 19, 6 and 8 yards (TD). Moss stepped up huge as well and fought through his back problems. Roddy White and Gonzalez were kept relatively quiet and I thought Brandon McGowan had very good game helping to defend the middle of the field. Was the revamped secondary a little better than you expected? You were 2/9 on third down I believe. There is still room for improvement by the Pats with Ed Reed and the Ravens coming to town next, there were too many points left in the red-zone, once again. I’m confident it will come though.

Glad the Lions finally got a win. The Browns are the worst team in football for me at this point, what a shambles. Mangini recently fined a player $1,701 for drinking a $3 bottle of water out of the hotel minibar during a road trip without paying for it at the front desk upon leaving. His man management is terrible and it’s clear some of the players do not want to play for him. He is the worst parts of Parcells and Belichick put together when it comes to player discipline but without the ability of seeing the bigger picture.

Those Seahawk shirts are atrocious

Denver set an NFL record for least points allowed in three games to start a season

The announcers for this game were horrible. Worst I have heard in a long time.

He was never great at LSU either. One bowl game against a porous Notre Dame secondary and suddenly he's the best QB in the draft.

A couple of my friends are from LSU and I am a Notre Dame fan so after that game they were always saying how great Russel was going to be. I just told them that ND's defense was horrible and their secondary was the worst part. It is amazing that one game can make a player so much money. Don't get me wrong, Russel has a great arm but he was never a great QB in college.

Dallas 2007
St Louis 2001
Minnesota 1998
San Francisco 1987

Just off the top of my head. Those were the best teams each season (well, NE was in 2007 but Dallas was tops in NFC) and fell apart when it mattered most - mainly due to weak defenses. All of these teams had high octane offenses, especially the 98 Vikings.

I remember the 95 Lions scoring points for fun late in the season and everyone was talking how they would make some noise in the playoffs. I was really worried they'd beat Philly then come to Dallas and put a scare in the Boys defense that was ranked in the middle of the pack. That said, I knew a team with a good offense could score on Detroit. And Philly did just that... scoring 58!

You don't have to tell me. We've had an all-world offense since Drew Brees was signed three seasons ago with nothing to show for it, although we did ride the wave of emotion post-Katrina to the NFC Title game in '06. Sean Payton took a paycut this offseason freeing up cash to bring in defensive guru Gregg Williams in an effort to shore up the D. Add to that a few secondary additions via FA/Draft, most notably Darren Sharper, and the D looks a completely different animal this season.

JCurr you're a Saints fan !?

And we were just getting to hate each other a little less :lol:

What's to hate about the Saints, AS?

Bye Week for the Eagles then Bucs, Raiders then Redskins for the next three.

We should be looking at 5 - 1 after that, 4-2 wouldn't be a disaster but anything less than that and we're gonna struggle.

Great game on sunday as well, more than made up for the shocker of a 2nd half from us against the Saints.