Nfl 2009-2010

Could do with getting Moss a lot more involved if possible, not been watching it, but three receptions isn't good enough

Especially after last week. He was great on all routes really. Galloway just keeps dropping easy passes!

Need a big defensive showing on this jets drive, as getting themselves out of trouble needing two scores in 4 minutes is unlikely to happen two weeks running.

As what are the jets starting on, not that far from halfway, so definite possibility of points

2 minute warning, we get possesion. Need the first TD of the day from Tom to force overtime.

I am not holding my breath.

2 minute warning, we get possesion. Need the first TD of the day from Tom to force overtime.

I am not holding my breath.

And another penalty, i wouldn't be confident either

Brady and the receivers need to step it up in a big way

Patriots defense is a fecking shambles.

We really need to sort it out if we are going to get anything out of this season.

You can’t really blame today’s loss on the defense. Giving up 16 points to the Jets and 17 points to the Bills on defense is as much as anyone could have asked for at this point. There is a lot of moving parts, the whole defense is in transition and its best player is now injured. I would say they look much improved in the back end compared to last year with Bodden, Springs, Wilhite and Butler bringing much needed physicality when it comes to the opposition’s receivers. They managed to get the Jets off the field a couple of times and give the offence a chance to win the game.

There were too many missed opportunities in the first half from a field position perspective and way too many penalties. I think Galloway showed why he did not get thrown too much last week, he does not look like he has fully picked up the system and was making silly mistakes like breaking his routes off too early. He had a few drops as well. Edelman on the other hand was impressive at times in the slot and will continue to improve, looks like a real find in the seventh round at this point. The Pats will see the Jets again towards the end of November. Roll on Atlanta.

Could do with getting Moss a lot more involved if possible, not been watching it, but three receptions isn't good enough

It had more to do with him being tracked all over the field - with safety help, by a player who for my money is on the verge of becoming recognised as the best cornerback in the NFL. The likes of Asomugha, Bailey and Samuel included. The interception was a great play too as he continued to run deep even though Moss slowed down his route and then hauled it in despite him pulling at his hands.

Andre Johnson – 4 receptions, 35 yards. Randy Moss – 4 receptions, 24 yards.

It had more to do with him being tracked all over the field - with safety help, by a player who for my money is on the verge of becoming recognised as the best cornerback in the NFL. The likes of Asomugha, Bailey and Samuel included. The interception was a great play too as he continued to run deep even though Moss slowed down his route and then hauled it in despite him pulling at his hands.

Andre Johnson – 4 receptions, 35 yards. Randy Moss – 4 receptions, 24 yards.

I'll take your word for it, I'm only a passing NFL fan, enjoy the game and catch the odd game here and there

Chargers were in the red zone 5 times, came away with no TD's...

Giants - Cowboys was a good game to watch, Romo had a bit of a mare

Romo again proves he's a big-game bottler... I don't know how this guys job is guarenteed with Jerry Jones' passion... Jeff Garcia was on the market.

Giants can't score a TD in the Green Zone if they are up against a bunch of prostitutes.

Excellent play calling by the bigger Manning in Colts Vs Dolphins. Complete Quaterback in the league now, with Brady looking like a character in the Brady Bunch show.

If anyone is interested in acquiring NFL and NCAA games that you don't see live and would like to watch, check out Ten Yard Torrents . I've used them for about 2 seasons now and they're pretty superb.

Everyone knows *** Brett Favre is da best QB in da league lolz. Big Ben certainly has to be considered though, top notch winner and can take tons of punishment.

Compared to Peyton, Ben Has more Multi-TD postseason games, a higher posteason QB rating, less multi-int games, Higher completion %, more postseason wins, including a head to head win, and more superbowls. It's like comparing Elway and Marino.

Manning is statistically better in the regular season but when it matters most in the post season, Ben or Brady deliver while Manning bottles it. Over the last 5 years, Ben has 18 comebacks when his team has been behind by more than 10 points in the last quarter. That's 50% more than the next closest Brady for the same time period.

It's like comparing Elway and Marino? Did you watch Super Bowl XL? Please stop trying to infer that Roethlisberger is better than Brady or Manning, it’s not true at this point. I prefer to call Roethlisberger a tremendous football player along with being a good quarterback. He can do things in terms of movement in the pocket, absorbing hits, keeping plays alive and throwing from strange body positions that Brady or Manning could only dream of. However, in terms of a pure pocket passer? I don’t think so, we are talking about two QB’s who are probably first ballot hall of famers, in the top ten all time and they are not even done yet. Big Ben is at the top of the next tier of QB’s above Drew Brees for me.

Oh and apparently “Brady looks like a character in the Brady Bunch show” now, does he? He has looked fine to me but has had his ups and downs with flashes of his old self, just like you would expect from someone coming off knee surgery. Kind of like Manning did after a less serious knee procedure in the first five or six games last year, before coming into MVP form. He looks slightly mortal two games into the season compared to the last full season there is to judge him off. Oh well, I’m sure he will cope.

Over the last 5 years, Ben has 18 comebacks when his team has been behind by more than 10 points in the last quarter. That's 50% more than the next closest Brady for the same time period.

Have you got a link to where you pulled this stat from? There is a breakdown of victories in which Roethlisberger rallied the team from a fourth-quarter/OT deficit or tie on Wikipedia. It seems to differ quite a lot from what you say, especially when it comes to the 10 point margin.

They just said that it's Pennington, Warner, Manning - in that order, for completion percentage with minimum 1500 pass attempts in NFL history.

I'm not questioning the ability or the talent of Brady. I just said that he hasn't looked confident in the 2 games he played. Don't have to take everything to heart. I live in NJ, so even if Brady is God, I'll still put him down. Sorry.

Big Ben is a brilliant quarterback. No question about that. I was impressed by Manning's play calling yesterday. He saw the blitz, told his receiver to run the route and pulled off a blinder. I'm sure Ben can do a lot of things with the ball, but I thought Manning there improvised a lot and called it well.

And it was a heat of the moment post. :devil:

Harsh on Brady, in the clutch in the first game he looked like the Brady of old... it's not TOO harsh to say the Jets D ACTUALLY backed up their talk... it seems like people are forgetting the Jets forcasted this to happen and they did well, very well, infact, exceptionally.

Manning has been audibling at the line his whole career, one could argue no one has ever been better at it. He is a true student of the game.

Fair enough Fingers. I was not taking it to heart either; as in my very own Terrell Owens “that’s my Quarterback” moment, I just have a slightly different view on the way the offense as a whole has performed so far in the season. It’s clear he is not up to full speed yet individually though, as you say but there has been flashes. Like the last five minutes of the Buffalo game.

Giants have now beat both their division opponents without playing well. This season is shaping up well :D

fecking hell they look good on D despite giving up the points they have as well, looks like more of the same.

Looking ahead to week 3:

San Francisco at Minnesota, could be an interesting one, the 9ers actually look okay so it'll be interesting to see how they bring that to a hostile Metrodome

Atlanta at New England, seems to be the common pick, my birds are 2-0 and look like they're for real, while the Pats took a mis-step against the Jets

Kansas City at Philadelphia, with Kolb starting but Vick active, it'll be interesting to see what happens there

New Orleans at Buffalo, The Bills D haven't looked too too bad, despite late game heroics by Brady in week 1

Denver at Oakland, if someone told me these teams would be a combined 3-1and COULD be 4-0 come this game, ida laughed in their face

Carolina at Dallas, not so much for the match-up, which features 2 dissapointing starts for the teams, but 2 QB's under ALOT of pressure.

SF v Minnesota will be very interesting.

Patrick Willis v Adrian Peterson. Last time Willis clearly won despite the 49ers being a horrendous team.
49ers defense (which has been pretty damn good) v Brett Favre
Frank Gore v Minnesota's defense

SF v Minnesota will be very interesting.

Patrick Willis v Adrian Peterson. Last time Willis clearly won despite the 49ers being a horrendous team.
49ers defense (which has been pretty damn good) v Brett Favre
Frank Gore v Minnesota's defense

A name ALOT of people neglected to put into consideration for a breakout season, when in reality his name should have never been in the talk, what a player... so under-rated, in my honest opinion RIGHT NOW he's the third best RB in the NFL, given the dire position the 9ers are in.

2006 was his season, he never reach those heights but the 2006 9ers had some hope that season.

When comparing Brady-Manning-Roethlisberger, one must also take a look at the overall teams. Manning has had far more offensive weapons while Brady and Roethlisberger have benefited from having incredible front offices, a superb collection of coaches, great QB friendly systems, and above all, top notch defenses. Manning has never had a great defense to back up Indy's superb offensive play. All three are winners, just like Elway-Marino-Montana. Some were more fortunate to play with a great supporting cast while others practically willed their teams to victory. Manning is a genius on the field deciphering defensive coverage. The best I've ever seen at it.

Elway and Marino would have destroyed passing records had they played with that SF franchise in the 80s/90s, and each would have won multiple SBs. Perhaps Montana would have won a championship with Miami but I have my doubts. Miami never had a complete team during Marino's era. Even Denver had a better overall talent base when Elway was driving them to eventual SB losses.

Giants play the Bucs. Time to kick some Glazer ass :D (I'll say quietly otherwise Ralphie88 will run here in a flash)

I don't even know who play for the Bucs. It's about time when they build up some momentum.

A name ALOT of people neglected to put into consideration for a breakout season, when in reality his name should have never been in the talk, what a player... so under-rated, in my honest opinion RIGHT NOW he's the third best RB in the NFL, given the dire position the 9ers are in.

2006 was his season, he never reach those heights but the 2006 9ers had some hope that season.

Anyone closely following the 49ers this year knew that Gore was a reinvigorated man and had a fantastic training camp. Also the drafting of Glen Coffee means that he would get a little bit more rest and wouldn't have to carry such a load.

Watching those two runs from Sunday gave me some chills because I'm so used to watching him get caught and taken down five yards from the end zone. To see him actually finish those off was amazing (especially since I've got him on a few fantasy teams).

Have you got a link to where you pulled this stat from? There is a breakdown of victories in which Roethlisberger rallied the team from a fourth-quarter/OT deficit or tie on Wikipedia. It seems to differ quite a lot from what you say, especially when it comes to the 10 point margin.

The stats were highlighted on Espnnews everyday a few weeks ago. I knew that Ben was good in clutch situations but was amazed at the stats where he had 18 comebacks with a double digit deficit in the fourth quarter whereas the next closest was at 12 in the same time period.

on most post season QB stats that I posted earlier Ben is better than Manning. He also has more rings and is a lot younger and will add to it. He had a 13-0 rookie regular season and dished out defeats to an undefeated Patriots and Eagles. Youngest superbowl winning QB? Motorcycle accident and operations meant a couple of less than stellar seasons but he added another ring to his collection last season as well.

Defeating the Patriots in the championship game and beating the Bears in the superbowl once doesn't compensate for the number of times he bottled it. Djokovic beat Federer in the semifinal once and Tsonga to win the Australian open. He might have great talent too but like Manning he lacks the heart compared to other elite players. Like Federer or Nadal, Brady and Ben are just better at getting it done when it matters most. You may prefer a different style - pocket passer compared to a scrambler who can take/avoid hits to make a play but it doesn't make him better.

The stats were highlighted on Espnnews everyday a few weeks ago. I knew that Ben was good in clutch situations but was amazed at the stats where he had 18 comebacks with a double digit deficit in the fourth quarter whereas the next closest was at 12 in the same time period.

on most post season QB stats that I posted earlier Ben is better than Manning. He also has more rings and is a lot younger and will add to it. He had a 13-0 rookie regular season and dished out defeats to an undefeated Patriots and Eagles. Youngest superbowl winning QB? Motorcycle accident and operations meant a couple of less than stellar seasons but he added another ring to his collection last season as well.

Defeating the Patriots in the championship game and beating the Bears in the superbowl once doesn't compensate for the number of times he bottled it. Djokovic beat Federer in the semifinal once and Tsonga to win the Australian open. He might have great talent too but like Manning he lacks the heart compared to other elite players. Like Federer or Nadal, Brady and Ben are just better at getting it done when it matters most. You may prefer a different style - pocket passer compared to a scrambler who can take/avoid hits to make a play but it doesn't make him better.

:lol: Ridiculous how awful those comparisons are.