Nfl 2009-2010

jveezy, do you want Crabtree anymore? As far as I see it, he is far more cnutish than Tevez and even stupider. Love that the 49ers reconsidered the offer and made it LOWER. :lol:

anyone hear the rumblings about the rams moving to London? a group of rich Londoners are looking into moving the rams from St. Louis when their contract runs out in 2013. :wenger:

Aaaah, America's game expanding to Mexico, Canada and the UK... dare we say, it'll happen?

No... the NFL has expanded to these marks with genius concept... regular season games, teams commiting pre-seasons to these fanbases, the single most profitable and recognizable league in pro sports worldwide... not going to happen.

Like Alex said, pigs would fly before this would happen... Goody Mob is not an idiot to cause such an uproar by moving the NFL across the pond on a permanent basis.

jveezy, do you want Crabtree anymore? As far as I see it, he is far more cnutish than Tevez and even stupider. Love that the 49ers reconsidered the offer and made it LOWER. :lol:

I'm absolutely thrilled with the way the 49ers management has handled this situation. Really it's not just about us overpaying either. It's about the future of negotiations with draft picks. For them to cave would be to screw every team in the future because every draft pick (and their agents of course) will know that they can get away with the shit that Crabtree is pulling. So in that sense I'm proud that the organization isn't caving in

They're offering to pay him up to $1 less than what B.J. Raji got at the #9 slot thereby sticking with the slotting principle. It's a traditional practice, and I'm all for ditching traditional practices and starting new trends, but not when it comes to players who have not proven a thing in the NFL. If he played for us for two years and played well, we'd have no problem giving him a lucrative extension.

As far as lowering the offer, it makes perfect sense, but it's also quite brilliant. From a labor - wage standpoint, Crabtree won't play a full season, so he shouldn't get paid for playing a full season. Makes sense.

But assuming he eventually wants to join the team (certainly not a formality either), it will certainly make him react faster. Before he had the option to hold out until October (the deadline to sign him if he's to be allowed to play this year) to see if the 49ers would blink. One would think that the closer it gets to that deadline, the more desperate the organization gets. Maybe he can get a better offer and he gets rewarded for being "patient".

Now that's not the case at all. The longer he waits, the more detrimental it is to him. He's losing paychecks and he no longer has the advantage of waiting for the 49ers to blink. The 49ers have made it clear that they're not going to get more desperate as time goes, they're going to value him less.

Team President Jed York called him out and asked him for a face to face meeting. Hopefully then things get resolved after a man to man talk without lawyers in the room. If not, than I, and nearly every other 49er fan out there, are absolutely willing to stand by the organization. The loss of Crabtree will be seen, not as much as the waste of a #10 draft pick and the loss of a potential breakout WR talent, but more as the savings of $20 million and the avoidance of signing another T.O. (and the future headaches that would entail) to the squad. Also we get the pride that our organization stood up to an absolute punk and didn't blink, and because of it the rest of the league is saved.

You see? You feckers OWE US now!

Completely different situation than Tevez, Tevez is a much bigger cnut. hth

Completely different situation than Tevez, Tevez is a much bigger cnut. hth

Also Tevez being a cnut had to do with him disrespecting the team and Sir Alex. Most of us would probably live with him moving to City, but all the comments he made afterwards were what rile us up.

The problems 49er fans have with Crabtree have to do with him overvaluing himself rather than disrespecting the team. If Crabtree came out and said that he wants a lot of money because someone who has to play for a shit organization like the 49ers and a shit coach like Mike Singletary deserves a lot of money, then it would be more of a similar situation.

... If Crabtree came out and said that he wants a lot of money because someone who has to play for a shit organization like the 49ers and a shit coach like Mike Singletary deserves a lot of money, then it would be more of a similar situation.

:lol:

I find great humor at this

Can't quite recall but someone on a sports talk radio show mentioned he only threw a handful or less passes that went beyond ten yards downfield. But it was Cleveland and when AP and company are running wild, Favre will only have to manage to not lose a game.

Can't argue with that, he didn't throw much at all. Just pulling up the comment about him throwing a pick anyway.

Mayo didn't practice, and was on crutches with a brace on his knee. Shite.

They're gonna sign Baskett by the looks of things...

Not a bad signing IMO. He's also married to Kendra.

News5_0.jpg

Kendra would get it in about a second although Holly was my favorite, but I digress

I'm already looking forward to the Pats in week 3 :lol:

I’m looking forward to the game too. I usually like to try and watch the team on the Pats schedule the following week but you guys play at the same time unfortunately. With Jerod Mayo out for quite a few weeks, (hopefully he is back for the game against the Bucs) I hope the linebackers and Gary Guyton in particular are more comfortable in their roles by the time the Falcons come to town. Otherwise we could have a bit of trouble defending Tony Gonzalez when in the slot etc unless Belichick decides to take him away and leave other things open. There is no Rodney Harrison out there to play the big nickel role either.

There is the little matter of the biggest regular season game all year for the Pats beforehand though. It seems like trash talking and stupidity will be more prevalent now Rex Ryan has come to town with the Ravens defensive schemes. One win against the Texans and some of the players think they are the 85 fecking Bears. From Kerry Rhodes (as reported in the NY Daily News) "You go out from the first quarter on, from the first play on, and try to embarrass them. Try to make them feel bad when they leave here. We don't want to just beat them. We want to send a message to them, 'We're not backing down from you and we expect to win this game...it's not going to be a mistake.' Said Rhodes of targeting Brady: "We will hit him more than six times. I promise you that. Any quarterback can be rattled."

Tom Brady’s response when asked about the comments? "Talk is cheap."

I'm absolutely thrilled with the way the 49ers management has handled this situation. Really it's not just about us overpaying either. It's about the future of negotiations with draft picks. For them to cave would be to screw every team in the future because every draft pick (and their agents of course) will know that they can get away with the shit that Crabtree is pulling. So in that sense I'm proud that the organization isn't caving in

They're offering to pay him up to $1 less than what B.J. Raji got at the #9 slot thereby sticking with the slotting principle. It's a traditional practice, and I'm all for ditching traditional practices and starting new trends, but not when it comes to players who have not proven a thing in the NFL. If he played for us for two years and played well, we'd have no problem giving him a lucrative extension.

As far as lowering the offer, it makes perfect sense, but it's also quite brilliant. From a labor - wage standpoint, Crabtree won't play a full season, so he shouldn't get paid for playing a full season. Makes sense.

But assuming he eventually wants to join the team (certainly not a formality either), it will certainly make him react faster. Before he had the option to hold out until October (the deadline to sign him if he's to be allowed to play this year) to see if the 49ers would blink. One would think that the closer it gets to that deadline, the more desperate the organization gets. Maybe he can get a better offer and he gets rewarded for being "patient".

Now that's not the case at all. The longer he waits, the more detrimental it is to him. He's losing paychecks and he no longer has the advantage of waiting for the 49ers to blink. The 49ers have made it clear that they're not going to get more desperate as time goes, they're going to value him less.

Team President Jed York called him out and asked him for a face to face meeting. Hopefully then things get resolved after a man to man talk without lawyers in the room. If not, than I, and nearly every other 49er fan out there, are absolutely willing to stand by the organization. The loss of Crabtree will be seen, not as much as the waste of a #10 draft pick and the loss of a potential breakout WR talent, but more as the savings of $20 million and the avoidance of signing another T.O. (and the future headaches that would entail) to the squad. Also we get the pride that our organization stood up to an absolute punk and didn't blink, and because of it the rest of the league is saved.

You see? You feckers OWE US now!

Bravo to the 49ers i say... :nervous: But i expect him to sign eventually, he's got to be nuts not too.

The thing is that that NFL rookie contracts are a joke, just give him the money and get over certainly the 49ers dont have, but I honestly think if they would have offered 2 more dollars on that great offer at beginning Crabtree would be playing

Good looking early slate, NY and NE take the headlines but i'll be watching Atlanta and Carolina... I expect Jake the snake to rebound but I still think we'll win

Could do with a nice easy Pats win today. My heart can't take any more of these last minute crackers!

The thing is that that NFL rookie contracts are a joke, just give him the money and get over certainly the 49ers dont have, but I honestly think if they would have offered 2 more dollars on that great offer at beginning Crabtree would be playing

Maybe. And the whole money figure is a little overblown as well. Contracts aren't just about money, and this article by the Eagles' negotiation consultant is quite good:

Getting inside the Crabtree negotiations | National Football Post

Wes Welker is on the inactive list with a knee injury. It's time for Joey Galloway or Julian Edelman to step up.

Wes Welker is on the inactive list with a knee injury. It's time for Joey Galloway or Julian Edelman to step up.

Big week for Galloway.. I hope. Made a quick swith of those 2 on my nfluk fantasy team.

Bradys passing has been spot on, but again the receivers have been below par.

Jets fans are awful small time aren't they?

Officiating pathetic. Calls Patriots for 2 holding calls, but misses Defensive pass interference when it was a whole lot clearer. Bloody hell.

Giants vs Cowboys on ch5 in the uk tonite, get in

Hopefully Seymour can get after Cassel today, im confident the Raiders can win.

Patriots missing Welker. No options in the middle. Jets offense doesn't look too much atm, don't think they have had a 1st down yet.

Nice kick on Edelman by the Jets player.

Brady looking a bit pissed off by the missed catches now, the Jets defense are actually giving us more yards than Brady atm. Pathetic penalties they are giving away.

What happened to all the talk in the pre-season about Brady and his offensive receiving weapons? None of them can fecking catch consistently!

Hope this is just a start of season blip.

Patriots defense is a fecking shambles.

We really need to sort it out if we are going to get anything out of this season.