Nfl 2009-2010

I am loving this season of Hard Knocks on HBO, the Bengals really have some characters, tehre is so much swearing too, especially from the coaches its quite amusing

It is a great season, Ocho is pretty damn funny

You don't reckon Tim has a future at QB in the NFL?

I think Tebow will be a pretty good starting QB in the NFL. Just look at some of the QB's who have started games the last 2-3 years in the NFL which makes me think that he will at least have a chance to show what he can do as a QB in the NFL

The Broncos will probably draft Tebow, who's most likely going to be a fullback or H-back in the NFL. That's the direction of the club at the moment.

I dont think a club has ever had a worse offseason, that has been inflicted totally by itself.

I just watched that NFL Total Access: Finding the guy QB segment and Jesus, Marshall Faulk is a clown; I don’t know how this guy has an analyst’s job. Tom Brady is a game manager on par with Trent Dilfer, apparently. His career accomplishments are all down to defence and perennial All Pro's like Jermaine Wiggins, Deion Branch, David Givens and David Patten. Thank god Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders were on the round-table to shoot him down; the bitterness from Super Bowl XXXVI is dripping out of his pores.

I just watched that NFL Total Access: Finding the guy QB segment and Jesus, Marshall Faulk is a clown; I don’t know how this guy has an analyst’s job. Tom Brady is a game manager on par with Trent Dilfer, apparently. His career accomplishments are all down to defence and perennial All Pro's like Jermaine Wiggins, Deion Branch, David Givens and David Patten. Thank god Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders were on the roundtable to shoot him down; the bitterness from Super Bowl XXXVI is dripping out of his pores.

I remember ages ago he called Tom Brady "over-rated"... I think it was one of his first shows on the NFL NW

Usually a top show though

Total Access is a good show, Keeps all us England folk up-to date with the goings on around the league.

I say this in these threads every year. but.

Go Eagles !!

That sucks that you guys dont get the good pregame shows, kinda like us with footy, cant wait til the world cup. Im sure the analysts will be julie foudy and eric wynalda oh joy

NFL Total access is my sole source of info on the NFL, apart from a manchester united forum..

That sucks that you guys dont get the good pregame shows, kinda like us with footy, cant wait til the world cup. Im sure the analysts will be julie foudy and eric wynalda oh joy

Do you guys get CBC up there on satellite or digital cable? Their pre-game's for International football is ALWAYS top quality.

It’s time for me to throw out some silly and ultimately incorrect predictions:

AFC South: Tennessee Titans
AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC West: San Diego Chargers

NFC South: New Orleans Saints
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC East: New York Giants
NFC West: Seattle Seahawks

Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
Defensive Player of the Year: Mario Williams
NFL Most Valuable Player: Adrian Peterson or Tom Brady
Comeback Player of the Year: Tom Brady
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Knowshon Moreno
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Aaron Curry
Best QB in the NFC North: Aaron Rodgers

Division Winners: NY Giants, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, San Diego

Wild Cards: Philadelphia, Arizona, Baltimore, Tennessee

Super Bowl: New England over NY Giants

Division: Giants, Packers, Saints, 49ers (pray), Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chargers
Wild Cards: Eagles, Bears, Colts, Ravens

Offensive Player of the Year: Andre Johnson
Defensive Player of the Year: Patrick Willis
NFL Most Valuable Player: Matt Forte
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Michael Crabtree but really Jason Smith
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Malcolm Jenkins
Best QB in the NFC North: Aaron Rodgers by a mile

No sign of Crabtree playing any time soon...

Good feckin riddance. I don't know how to even feel about him if he does every play for the 49ers. I couldn't care less what happens to him at this point. I couldn't care that we even wasted a #10 pick on him. If anything we saved money by not having to pay a draft pick this year.

Good feckin riddance. I don't know how to even feel about him if he does every play for the 49ers. I couldn't care less what happens to him at this point. I couldn't care that we even wasted a #10 pick on him. If anything we saved money by not having to pay a draft pick this year.

Dion Sanders was saying that the 49ers were approached by two teams willing to trade for him..

Whatever is said about getting fair pay, this isnt the way to kick off your professional career. This issue needs to be sorted out by the NFL pronto.

The NBA got its act together by instituting a rookie salary cap/scale. The NFL should have done this ten years ago. It will be in the next CBA, if they ever finalize one.

It's true it has become a burden to have the first pick in the draft

It's true it has become a burden to have the first pick in the draft

Absolutely true. If you don't get it absolutely right, you're screwed for another couple of years.

The 49ers were dead wrong with Alex Smith, but say what you want about his play, he's a classy enough guy that he took a drastic paycut to stay with the team this year because he really wanted to make good and prove himself. Not every team will be that lucky if they mess up the pick.

I love the NBA's system. Rookies are signed within days. Everyone gets into camp on time. If you don't make good on your potential, you don't last very long, if you do, you make tons of money.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Crabtree situation is that the 49ers aren't this cheap organization that's trying to avoid paying their players. They've proved before with Gore and Joe Staley that they're perfectly willing to give lucrative contract extensions to players who earn them. And the supposed 20 million that they're offering is already breaking the slotting system if I'm not mistaken, but to Crabtree this is about being paid more than Darrius Heyward-Bay. The 49ers shouldn't have to pay more for Crabtree just because Al Davis is an idiot, and I'm proud that they're standing firm because if they cave, the precedent that will be set by this is going to ruin negotiations with future draft classes for all teams.

AFC South: Colts
AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Patriots
AFC West: Chargers

NFC South: Saints
NFC North: Vikings
NFC East: Giants
NFC West: Cardinals

Offensive Player of the Year: Drew brees
Defensive Player of the Year: Patrick Willis
NFL Most Valuable Player: Drew Brees
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Beanie Wells
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Rey Maualuga

Chargers over Saints in the superbowl.

Don't know how people can be universally sold on the Giants for the NFC East. No Plexico is really going to hurt them.

They didn't have him for most of last year and that didn't hurt them too terribly either. At least not in the regular season. Eli's got a good handle on his returning receivers this year and they've also got two good young rookies (one of which is a Cal Poly grad).

Jeff Garcia released by the Raiders, so does this mean he is a free agent now?

Yup, piss-poor pre-season apparently, end of a career as a starter by the looks of things.

Strange, he's barely removed from a good few years in Tampa

Don't know how people can be universally sold on the Giants for the NFC East. No Plexico is really going to hurt them.

Agreed, such a tough looking division this year, I STIL think the Cowboys will smarten up and win 12 games this season.

Rumour is that a deal to trade Richard Seymour to the black hole is close to being finalised. Surprising.

Not sure Searl, I don’t like this move in terms of helping the team this year; unless it leads to further moves being made. It is reportedly for a first round pick in 2011. The defensive line was supposed to be a main strength this year and help carry the weak linebacking group. Then there is the leadership aspect to think about with Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel and now Big Sey gone. There is a huge void there and no matter how great every one thinks Mayo and some of the other younger players can be, they have achieved relatively little in the league.

There are a few hypothetical reasons for the deal. It opens up some cap space for the Patriots with several key players hitting unrestricted free agency next season (Wilfork, Gostkowski, Mankins) and him due to earn $3.685 million in his final year. I think the chances of Wilfork in particular getting paid have now increased and Seymour would have definitely demanded top dollar to sign a new deal anyway. Additionally, with the first-rounder not coming until 2011, the pick could become more valuable if the new collective bargaining agreement is in place by then. In an ideal world first-round picks will be more cost effective. Let’s hope the Raiders still suck in 2011, I would have liked to see him stay but in Bill I trust I suppose.

"Any transaction we make is with the goal of what is best for our team and, as difficult as it is to part ways with a player of Richard's stature, many factors were taken into account when we considered this trade,” Belichick continued. “As an organization, we feel the trade with Oakland brings sufficient value and is in the long-term interest of the club. We are extremely grateful for the huge impact Richard's elite level of performance had on our success and we wish him the very best during the rest of his career."

Great signing for the Raiders although it wasnt cheap. Weve had problems stopping the run for a while so this should help.

Not exactly the best news I have heard. Seymour is a force, something which I feel our defense lacks. We have an amazing offence sure, but stopping opposition racking up points will be our downfall.

The Raiders are building a talented team, that;s fine though, AL Davis will surely cock it up like he has done for the past twenty years.

I love the NBA's system. Rookies are signed within days. Everyone gets into camp on time. If you don't make good on your potential, you don't last very long, if you do, you make tons of money.

It took a few years of ridiculous contracts and holdouts before the NBAPA and ownership instituted a rookie salary scale. I can remember Jimmy Jackson holding out until mid-season before signing with Dallas. And who can forget the mega contracts to the likes of Chris Webber, Shaw Bradley et al.

I take that back. HOLY feckIN SHIT FIRST ROUND PICK!??!?!???!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I suppose that means Al Davis actually won't blow the pick.

Can one of you Raider fans relay to Davis that Alex Smith is on the trading block? Thanks in advance.

There are a few hypothetical reasons for the deal. It opens up some cap space for the Patriots with several key players hitting unrestricted free agency next season (Wilfork, Gostkowski, Mankins) and him due to earn $3.685 million in his final year. I think the chances of Wilfork in particular getting paid have now increased and Seymour would have definitely demanded top dollar to sign a new deal anyway. Additionally, with the first-rounder not coming until 2011, the pick could become more valuable if the new collective bargaining agreement is in place by then. In an ideal world first-round picks will be more cost effective. Let’s hope the Raiders still suck in 2011, I would have liked to see him stay but in Bill I trust I suppose.

Yeah it actually seems, the more I ponder, the smarter it is... He's been loyal to the organization for his career, he's making pennies compared to other talent his equal, I think the Pats are going him a huge favor by doing this... now he'll be a UFA, sign for TOP DOG DOLLAR with a team needing it (My hope is the Falcons dig in) and the Pats will gain another chip for a trade or a potential lottery pick.

I think this is top quality business long-term, short-term, I think it's good to see Bill and co. have faith in the kids.

The offence of course will fill in for the gaping hole that is now in D.