Nfl 2009-2010

I cant imagine any team would really want to trade for him anyways. Great talent but way too much baggage off the field, and the Broncos would want a pretty penny for him too. All round bad investment that would be

He's still fairly young though isnt he, still got plenty of years left and loads of talent.

I cant imagine any team would really want to trade for him anyways. Great talent but way too much baggage off the field, and the Broncos would want a pretty penny for him too. All round bad investment that would be

For my money, I'd take him over any WR other Larry Fitzgerald at this point. If I was Marshall I would be lobbying to go to NYC and play with the Giants he would more than adequetely replace Plaxico.

If the Falcons weren't so against the potential baggage that would come with him, I would grab him in a heartbeat, short-term i could be a huge signing... anyone know his contract status?

As for Vick's debut, he looks more accurate with his passing.

If the Falcons weren't so against the potential baggage that would come with him, I would grab him in a heartbeat, short-term i could be a huge signing... anyone know his contract status?

As for Vick's debut, he looks more accurate with his passing.

Atlanta would be the worst place for him, it's where he has gotten into trouble several times.

For my money, I'd take him over any WR other Larry Fitzgerald at this point. If I was Marshall I would be lobbying to go to NYC and play with the Giants he would more than adequetely replace Plaxico.

Wherever he goes i doubt it will be anywhere without a proper franchise quarterback.

For my money, I'd take him over any WR other Larry Fitzgerald at this point.

Interesting. In terms of pure play-making ability rather than immaturity issues or age etc, I would go with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss and Steve Smith over Brandon Marshall at this point. I see him in the second tier of receivers with the likes of Calvin Johnson (complete and utter freak of nature), Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings and Terrell Owens.

I also expect Ochocinco to stop tweeting/acting the fool every second and have a bounce back year (Palmer's health permitting), he looks really fit and motivated. Even though it was only the pre-season he made a couple of plays last week that he did not look physically able to make last year. Most noticeably, a swift spin move around a corner on a dump off and a rather embarrassing stiff arm on Tedy Bruschi for a long gain.

Interesting. In terms of pure play-making ability rather than immaturity issues or age etc, I would go with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss and Steve Smith over Brandon Marshall at this point. I see him in the second tier of receivers with the likes of Calvin Johnson (complete and utter freak of nature), Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings and Terrell Owens.

Perfectly summed up. I am on the fence where to add Roddy White considering the last 2 years he has been one of the 3 best WR's statistically. I think I would still put Roddy in the 2nd tier though. Andre Johnson is a beast and I hope he has another big year.

I also expect Ochocinco to stop tweeting/acting the fool every second and have a bounce back year (Palmer's health permitting), he looks really fit and motivated. Even though it was only the pre-season he made a couple of plays last week that he did not look physically able to make last year. Most noticeably, a swift spin move around a corner on a dump off and a rather embarrassing stiff arm on Tedy Bruschi for a long gain.

I'll give you Johnson, but Moss and Smith only have a few years left in them, that is why I would take Marshall over them as he hasnt even hit his prime.

Lee hit the board once during warm-ups apparently, that stadium is something else and is added to my list of places to eventually visit. There have been some very good games played this week so far – for the pre-season that is. Have to admit my heart skipped a beat watching the Pats, I think Brady will be fine and would have played in the second half of a regular season game. However, seeing Fat Albert fall on top of his shoulder was not nice considering the circumstances. Maybe he was trying to punish me for my criticism of his contract and waistline earlier in this thread. Cutler against Denver should be a decent watch tonight.

Seen him throwing again fine and for the full practice session this morning Keyser.

Scared me a bit too, but he looks like her should be fine, and as much as we struggle to believe it, ol Bill said he was fine too.

I went to Broncos game earlier as I am in town, and feck was Cutler ever getting it from the crowd. In the end I fecking hate Cutler and McDaniels, although I hate McDaniels more because he hasnt even won a fecking game yet. I ll be surprised if the Broncos do much better than 5-11

I went to Broncos game earlier as I am in town, and feck was Cutler ever getting it from the crowd. In the end I fecking hate Cutler and McDaniels, although I hate McDaniels more because he hasnt even won a fecking game yet. I ll be surprised if the Broncos do much better than 5-11

I had a private league fantasy draft tonight and someone didn't show up and ended up with Eddie Royal in the second round. He also topped it off by taking the Denver defense in the last round, although having Champ Bailey back does help a lot.

And you guys are in a terrible division as well. Playing the Raiders twice a year always does wonders for your record.

Royal is a decent enough pick especially if Marshall leaves although obviously 2nd round is too early

Royal is a decent enough pick especially if Marshall leaves

I don't have a problem with him being picked. Second round (10 team league) seems VERY high considering he's usually picked in the 6th round.

Actually I'm playing him the first week so I don't have a problem with it at all.

I've never been that big of a fan of fantasy football, too contrived I like watching the NFL and drinking beer whilst watching the games. I have no problem betting on games as it gives you a bit more edge, but I think fantasy football is a bit gay.

I've never been that big of a fan of fantasy football, too contrived I like watching the NFL and drinking beer whilst watching the games. I have no problem betting on games as it gives you a bit more edge, but I think fantasy football is a bit gay.

Oh it's definitely a bit gay when you take it too seriously. Ultimately your favorite team comes first, and those who lose sight of that lose the best part of watching football. But I think Fantasy definitely gives a reason to pay attention to the rest of the league or stay interested when your team is shitty (like the Niners for the past six years or so). Also it gives you a reason to learn a little bit more about the game as well.

Oh it's definitely a bit gay when you take it too seriously. Ultimately your favorite team comes first, and those who lose sight of that lose the best part of watching football. But I think Fantasy definitely gives a reason to pay attention to the rest of the league or stay interested when your team is shitty (like the Niners for the past six years or so). Also it gives you a reason to learn a little bit more about the game as well.

That is very true at least for me and my group of friends. We usually would watch the Bears and maybe one or two other games during the week but no one really cared about the other games to much. Now everyone pays attention to a lot more games and everyone has a much better understanding of the NFL. I also think FF is good to keep in touch with people such as old college friends.

Tedy Bruschi has retired. Correct decision to be honest, he has been a shadow of his former self for about the last three years and it was likely Gary Guyton was going to replace him as a starter. Depth is now a problem though and may lead to a higher percentage of 4-3 being played. He made some huge plays over the years and was the heart and soul of the defense, as they say. The comeback from his stroke was remarkable.

That is very true at least for me and my group of friends. We usually would watch the Bears and maybe one or two other games during the week but no one really cared about the other games to much. Now everyone pays attention to a lot more games and everyone has a much better understanding of the NFL. I also think FF is good to keep in touch with people such as old college friends.

Very true. All of my friends have graduated and I'm sticking around another year to get a master's. But a huge portion of my private league is made up of those friends and even a few high school friends that I haven't talked to in years.

Tedy Bruschi has retired. Correct decision to be honest, he has been a shadow of his former self for about the last three years and it was likely Gary Guyton was going to replace him as a starter. Depth is now a problem though and may lead to a higher percentage of 4-3 being played. He made some huge plays over the years and was the heart and soul of the defense, as they say. The comeback from his stroke was remarkable.

Big loss to me, hes a huge personality and one of those people you cant help but smile about. Fascinating to read about too and his career.

Quick question to you NFL fans:

I was just wondering, after a conversation with Ralphie, what (if any) has been the impact of the Glazers owning the Buccaneers? Are they the devil incarnate, or fairly normal owners?

The Glazers turned the Bucs into perennial winners after their purchase in the mid-90s. They also changed the uniforms and emblem which was a cash bonanza in the merchandise happy USA. They finally won a SB in 2002 and were robbed by shoddy officiating of a potential appearance in 1999. They haven't done much of late though. I remember some posts about how the Glazers nickel and dimed everyone in Tampa Bay while building a stadium and other stuff. Perhaps someone with more insight to the club/Glazers would know more.

Quick question to you NFL fans:

I was just wondering, after a conversation with Ralphie, what (if any) has been the impact of the Glazers owning the Buccaneers? Are they the devil incarnate, or fairly normal owners?

The Glazers turned the Bucs into perennial winners after their purchase in the mid-90s. They also changed the uniforms and emblem which was a cash bonanza in the merchandise happy USA. They finally won a SB in 2002 and were robbed by shoddy officiating of a potential appearance in 1999. They haven't done much of late though. I remember some posts about how the Glazers nickel and dimed everyone in Tampa Bay while building a stadium and other stuff. Perhaps someone with more insight to the club/Glazers would know more.

MrMarcello pretty much hit it on the head, right now the team is in transition, they've apparently been on sale for the last few years with no budge whatsoever, not even any real sincere or hardcore interest... makes you wonder what is going on there that people don't want to inherit.

Meaning?

Pretty much sent the City an ultimatium: "Help me finance this, or we're shipping out of the city".

The Bucs are still one of the most profitable and well supported clubs in the NFL, and is a huge tourist attraction... the City would be a ghost town over the winter months without the Bucs on Sundays.

The Bucs are one of the best supported clubs in the NFL, are you fecking kidding, how often do see someone wearing a Bucs jersey on the street.

As for the stuff with the stadium, lots of clubs have done the same thing, hell lots of American franchises have done it.

The Bucs are one of the best supported clubs in the NFL, are you fecking kidding, how often do see someone wearing a Bucs jersey on the street.

As for the stuff with the stadium, lots of clubs have done the same thing, hell lots of American franchises have done it.

Did I not just say that :confused:

Haha Brandstater is gonna be the Broncos starting QB in week 1. First pick in the draft here we come.

Marshall is going to be traded to the Jets probably, Sanchez must be happy.

See ya late Joshie you feck head, thanks for ruining the Broncos.

I am loving this season of Hard Knocks on HBO, the Bengals really have some characters, tehre is so much swearing too, especially from the coaches its quite amusing

Haha Brandstater is gonna be the Broncos starting QB in week 1. First pick in the draft here we come.

Marshall is going to be traded to the Jets probably, Sanchez must be happy.

See ya late Joshie you feck head, thanks for ruining the Broncos.

Are you happy that there will be enough talent at QB in next years draft?

The Broncos will probably draft Tebow, who's most likely going to be a fullback or H-back in the NFL. That's the direction of the club at the moment.