10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut/Enigma
13. Joga Bonito
14. Mazhar
15. Gio
16. Skizzo

@Skizzo

Still recall one joker picking Cruyff and Baresi in the Euros draft and somehow ended up pissing off @Stobzilla . Ended up being banned midway through the draft, was quite the cameo.
I don't think he quite got the concept. Picked Cruyff because he was a world-class player in 1976 and then had a dig for picking anyone from the pre-TV era.

Was that @berbatrick who had that blowout moment? That was top-notch drama from what I recall.

Nah it was Big-Red or something. The one you are referring to is berbasloth who got irritated by a few tags and went overboard.

Has anyone got @The Stain 's pick?

Or alternatively is @The Stain around?

@The Stain
@The Stain
@The Stain

First time I'd seen @Pat_Mustard not holding back his words though :lol:

feck up. You've wasted alot more of everyone else's time than vice versa.
Attention-seeking wanker who quits the second things don't go according to plan?

Also made a ridiculous threat during the draft

Someone take my place please... I manage a Saturday amateur side.. tomorrows our golf.. unless im allowed schoes and irwin I quit

:lol:

So the spots are full and we can decide whether to go with more managers and then solving that with a group stage or whatever like in the Sheep draft or we will close it at 16. What do the managers think? The pool is certainly welcoming to more sides joining in.

As people enjoy the drafting more than the matches, we could also start the drafting phase and run it while the other draft finishes its matches.

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut/Enigma
13. Joga Bonito
14. Mazhar
15. Gio
16. Skizzo

Last edited:
Just to make a suggestion about future Drafts and if this group stage idea works out.

Something that could have been done this draft with the 20 managers was 4 groups of 5 teams. Vote for the Best 2 teams out of the group. This gives it a more realistic World Cup type feel to the group stage and perhaps would have been a smoother way to accomodate the 20 managers this draft without having a vote just to eliminate four.

The National Draft
Type: Snake
Criteria;
The players peak is based on their performances in one of the following tournaments.

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC
TBC*Similar African/Asian tournaments are accepted as well.

*Rules will be clarified and updated

Teams: Each team will select 14 players with three substitutions being allowed. To avoid people hearing the voters out then changing to get back in the game after a manager mistake you will only be able to make subs after the first 60 minutes of the match.(16 hours in with 8 hours to go). TBC*

TBC*Rules will be discussed and clarified as we go. Voice your opinion

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut/Enigma
13. Joga Bonito
14. Mazhar
15. Gio
16. Skizzo

Just to make a suggestion about future Drafts and if this group stage idea works out.

Something that could have been done this draft with the 20 managers was 4 groups of 5 teams. Vote for the Best 2 teams out of the group. This gives it a more realistic World Cup type feel to the group stage and perhaps would have been a smoother way to accomodate the 20 managers this draft without having a vote just to eliminate four.

We'll see what people say. I don't mind at all as I think the last draft was great in the drafting stage with the extra managers. So that more than makes up for some changes in the format at least to me.

We'll see what people say. I don't mind at all as I think the last draft was great in the drafting stage with the extra managers. So that more than makes up for some changes in the format at least to me.
I think it's a good idea @oneniltothearsenal is proposing as I said in the other draft thread and worth testing out.

The way I see it is:

The complicate approach:

1. break teams into 4 groups (if 20 teams) and provide poll options for outcome of each game(no scores just who will win or draw). Then sum them all up and send the best 2 through.Negative is that there will be many poll options and probably difficult for the admin to manage.

Easier:

2. Provide a ranking of the teams in the group with consideration of the games played. 1st gets 4 points, 2nd 3 and so forth. Then sum all results and send the best through.

Wouldn't it be better to stick with 16 for a snake. I think more managers worked better in a sheep as it didn't add any extra time between picks with a snake it could potentially add 32 hours although much more likely to be around an extra 5 or so?

I don't get the flak against matches. I've always liked them as much as drafting.

Depends what you're looking for. I don't mind matches as long as they don't turn into handbags affairs. But they rather frequently do just that.

And the kind of meltdowns which follow from that are only so entertaining after a while. I get that some managers enjoy the game aspect of it, but as a neutral I find it tedious. And it's not an uncommon view. In fact, it has been pointed out explicitly by people who follow the drafts that the least interesting part is the often petty bickering in the match threads.

The answer isn't to scrap the matches, obviously. That wouldn't work. They may be tedious at times but they usually contain the most interesting points (and facts, anecdotes, etc.) in the draft, more so than the main threads.

I don't get the flak against matches. I've always liked them as much as drafting.

Same, for me just seeing players on a team sheet is pointless if I can't imagine them going toe to toe with an opponent. I also think it leads to good discussion on weaker lesser known players because they're usually the players who decide the tie.. whereas in a non-match type environment, you end up skipping the finer details and looking at how shiny all the teams looks without proper due care and consideration. The only time I would enjoy a non match type affair is if it is genuinely a niche draft and I am more interested in researching unknown players i.e. Pesek for my EE side.

Depends what you're looking for. I don't mind matches as long as they don't turn into handbags affairs. But they rather frequently do just that.

And the kind of meltdowns which follow from that are only so entertaining after a while. I get that some managers enjoy the game aspect of it, but as a neutral I find it tedious. And it's not an uncommon view. In fact, it has been pointed out explicitly by people who follow the drafts that the least interesting part is the often petty bickering in the match threads.

The answer isn't to scrap the matches, obviously. That wouldn't work. They may be tedious at times but they usually contain the most interesting points (and facts, anecdotes, etc.) in the draft, more so than the main threads.

Agreed. The repetitive criterias and how we rate a peak means that there is little to say about most of the GOAT players. I probably learnt more stuff in the Eastern/Euro/WC/Manager draft than all the other drafts put together. Even if the Eastern one was a bit too far away from my comfort zone in the start I think it ended up an excellent draft that everybody will take something from.

But then again you can always ignore going for a win and just enjoy the draft the way you want to.

Last edited:

I like games. I was more thinking about a new experiment while keeping a main core of traditional matches.

I'm fine with any format as far as I'm concerned.

Here you go @Annahnomoss :

Could you randomize this list mate and post it? By the way it saves and displays the IP, so maybe delete that from the post. No clue if it is the real IP but that would be weird and bad I assume.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/next-draft-idea-discussion.403961/page-77#post-20574355

EAP
Isotope
Annahnomoss
Tuppet
DownCast
Raees/Invictus
Moby
Pat Mustard
Onenil
Sjor
2Mufc0
P-Nut/Enigma
Joga Bonito
Mazhar
Gio
Skizzo

There were 16 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. EAP
  2. Sjor
  3. Isotope
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. P-Nut/Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast

Timestamp: 2017-03-12 15:13:36 UTC

I get the #1 pick?

yay.gif

Here you go @Annahnomoss :

There were 16 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. EAP
  2. Sjor
  3. Isotope
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. P-Nut/Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast

Timestamp: 2017-03-12 15:13:36 UTC
Rigged. Iso and EAP get the top 3 votes. :wenger:

Rigged. Iso and EAP get the top 3 votes. :wenger:
EAP will do something stupid anyway, so it's all good. If there's anyone who won't make good use of the number 1 spot, it's him after all.