Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

I see what you mean. It would give something like:

Name of the Thread: 'FRANCE TEAM ERA'
Threadmark 1: France 1958
Threadmark 2: France Trauma 1993
Threadmark 3: Golden Age 1995-2000
Threadmark 5: Surprise revival 2006

And then, you duplicate 'HUNGARY TEAM ERA' ....

The manager creates his OWN thread and animate the story. I don't know if I'm clear.

I wouldn't actually do it like that. I'd have all the write ups in 1 thread. So you can just flick through the thread reading about all different eras and sides at your pleasure.

Yeah I get all that I suppose it would work but I actually think there would be more interest in the write ups than the draft side of it.

The fun in a regular draft is getting the players you want. That would be taken out in this idea and would just be left with the games which is the part most people don't really enjoy.

While true it would be a quick draft that just features the matches. A normal draft could be ran at the same time too and I think the matches would be a lot funnier as they are a lot more real teams.

I wouldn't actually do it like that. I'd have all the write ups in 1 thread. So you can just flick through the thread reading about all different eras and sides at your pleasure.

1 thread for how many teams?

We can have

- on the one hand, a specific thread for a single country created by a dedicated manager - as explained in my post above - Chester request
- on the other hand, threads games X versus Y mode draft as usual - as desired by P-Nut

That would be golden.

And we would need to make sure everybody follows the same kind of thread title:

CLASSICS - TEAM FRANCE
CLASSICS - TEAM HUNGARY

Useful if we want to use the search function.

In the meantime, game threads will be free from the information provided in the Classics threads.

And we would need to make sure everybody follows the same kind of thread title:

CLASSICS - TEAM FRANCE
CLASSICS - TEAM HUNGARY

Useful if we want to use the search function.

In the meantime, game threads will be free from the information provided in the Classics threads.

Yup. Maybe even a master thread with links? There were some great posts in the manager draft that could be included as well. Maybe even general discussion of eras and ratings in that regard. Not a 1, 2, 3 list but something a lot less absolute.

CLASSICS - Béla Guttmann

I don't know if I'm clear.

Absolutely - that's the sort of thing I have in mind. Dedicate posts to particular teams (or individual players, for that matter) and make it easy to search the thread for what you're after.

Anyone can contribute - we should probably agree on some kind of standard format, though.

I’be been thinking for a while now to go through draft threads and copy/paste longer write-ups, quotes and anecdotes (plus links to footage where the latter is still up and running) - and then make a special, dedicated thread for such posts (where others can contribute whatever they like, of course).

A research resource thread, so to speak.

But you’re quite right - it’s not easy to find what you’re looking for, and it’s time consuming.
Yep, a great idea that someone (or someones) should actualize at some point.
When I hosted EE draft I accumulated all the write-ups in one of the opening posts, I think we should keep doing in drafts with lesser known players to make it easier for creating a write-up megathread in the future

Yep, a great idea that someone (or someones) should actualize at some point.
When I hosted EE draft I accumulated all the write-ups in one of the opening posts, I think we should keep doing in drafts with lesser known players to make it easier for creating a write-up megathread in the future

Would you be interested in it as a draft? In charge of a Soviet side of your preference, or anything else.

List of Drafts:

Draft I:
Cal?'s - New Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft II: Polaroid's - Retro Fantasy Draft - all players born in 60s (Winner: Polaroid)
Draft III: Cal?'s - 70s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cling Bak)
Draft IV: Polaroid's - Man Utd Legends Draft (Winner: DanNistelrooy)
Draft V: Brwned's - 50s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Brwned)
Draft VI: Polaroid's Premier League 20 Season Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft VII: antohan's All -Time Fantasy Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft VIII: Theon's - Champions League Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft IX: Aldo's - Decades Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft X: The Next Generation Draft (Winner: NM/Snow)
Draft XI: World Cup All Time All Stars Draft (Winner: Annahnomoss)
Draft XII: Aldo's - Sheep Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft XIII: Polaroid's - Transfer Muppet Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XIIV: Annahnomoss's - Auction Draft (Winner: Cutch/Annah)
Draft XV: rpitroda's - Criteria Draft (Winner: Aldo)
Draft XVI: EAP's - Reality Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft XVII: Annahnomoss's - Managers Draft (Winner: EAP)
Draft XVIII: crappycraperson's - British Irish Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XIX: EAP's - Modern Era Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft XX: Skizzo's - Second Sheep Draft (Winner: Cutch)
Draft XXI: Balu's - Euro Draft (Winner: Joga Bonito)
Draft XXII: Annahnomoss's - All Time Auction Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft XXIII: Skizzo's All Time Premier League Draft (Winner: Skizzo/Pat)
Draft XXIV: EAP's Chain Draft (Winner: The Stain)
Draft XXV: Aldo's 40s Retro Draft (Winner: Gio/Theon)
Draft XXVI: Gio's Third Redcafe Sheep Draft (Winner: Stobzilla)
Draft XXVII: Physiocrat's Billy No Mates Draft (Winner: Joga Bonito/Gio)
Draft XXVIII: Marty1968's Three Leagues Draft (Winner: Enigma87/Snow)
Draft XXIX: Aldo's Reserves Draft (Winner: RedTiger/Joga Bonito/Balu)
Draft XXX: Joga's Remake Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft XXXI: EAP's Double Draft (Winner: harms)
Draft XXXII: Chesterlestreet's Americas Draft (Winner: Enigma87/Joga Bonito)
Draft XXXIII: EAP/anto's Las Vegas Monopoly Draft (Winner: Jayvin)
Draft XXXIV: Physiocrat's Surveillance Draft (Winner: Tuppet)
Draft XXXV: harms's Eastern European Draft (Winner: Skizzo/Annahnomoss)
Draft XXXVI: Stain/anto's Fourth Sheep Draft (Winner: TBC)

I’be been thinking for a while now to go through draft threads and copy/paste longer write-ups, quotes and anecdotes (plus links to footage where the latter is still up and running) - and then make a special, dedicated thread for such posts (where others can contribute whatever they like, of course).

But you’re quite right - it’s not easy to find what you’re looking for, and it’s time consuming.
A mammoth task but a worthwile one.

Step 1 - Get a team together

Step 2 - Distribute drafts across them. Probably 3-4 each necessary.

Step 3 - Have them scour through them, including matches and compiling any interesting profiles into a post with links (last in the thread).

Step 4 - Arrange material into something coherent as a topic/ CLASSICS thread.

Step 5 - Task one person with each classic

Or don't have a thread each but a megathread with Threadmarks for each section.

The latter sounds more compelling (all in one place) but gets stale as it can't receive further input except through new posts that fall out of sections.

Better have a thread per CLASSIC section and consolidate links in another.

They have to be broad though. We aren't likely to have enough for a Bela Gutman thread but definitely enough for one on great lesser known managers (i.e. not SAF/Pep/Mourinho stuff which are a dime a dozen).

(i.e. not SAF/Pep/Mourinho stuff which are a dime a dozen).

This is a key point: If we were to do something like this, it should be dedicated to material/info which is not easily accessible. So, if you can find the same kind of info by spending 10 seconds googling, it’s not worth a post.

The latter sounds more compelling (all in one place) but gets stale as it can't receive further input except through new posts that fall out of sections.

Should not be much of a problem as you can get the mods to move posts. As this will be good for the forum per se, I think they'll be OK to help out frequently.

I did this before and still have a collection. Let me see if I can find that now.

Yup. Maybe even a master thread with links? There were some great posts in the manager draft that could be included as well. Maybe even general discussion of eras and ratings in that regard. Not a 1, 2, 3 list but something a lot less absolute.

CLASSICS - Béla Guttmann

Yeah. A master thread is necessary.

Maybe the mods should create a section dedicated to the drafts (NBA, cricket...) and games (fantasy, WW...).

We've had a World Cup draft, a Euro draft so what about a draft that includes all national tournaments? Legendary performances in Copa America, Olympics and all facing each other. Platinis '84 performance up against '86 Maradona and so forth, could make for a great draft.

We've had a World Cup draft, a Euro draft so what about a draft that includes all national tournaments? Legendary performances in Copa America, Olympics and all facing each other. Platinis '84 performance up against '86 Maradona and so forth, could make for a great draft.

That's a nice idea. A NT performance only draft should be good.

Nice! :D I think so too. Clashes from some iconic WC/Euro sides with warm welcomed Copa America(etc) heroes. I would love to run it if nobody is in the line.

So then how the next Round "upgrade" work? Just stick to players from the same Nation? but then it wouldn't be the same as the initial "iconic" team concept.

Sounds great although I'd limit it to WC and Euros myself as they're relatively easier to judge as opposed to the Copa America where it's much harder to get a clearer picture etc.

So then how the next Round "upgrade" work? Just stick to players from the same Nation? but then it wouldn't be the same as the initial "iconic" team concept.

Just individuals with their international portfolio, it's not connected to the iconic team concept if I understood that correctly.

Sounds great although I'd limit it to WC and Euros myself as they're relatively easier to judge as opposed to the Copa America where it's much harder to get a clearer picture etc.

Just individuals with their international portfolio, it's not connected to the iconic team concept if I understood that correctly.

I think that is a bit too similar to the EC/WC draft and if people want to go for a great Copa America side and so forth it would add a lot of value to the draft. At the same time the more well known sides will have an advantage like always so I don't think it would affect the draft much in that way. Any of the big NT tournaments being available not just opens up the Copa America but also the Olympics which makes up for the SA peoples advantage.

Also lets a broader group of people make a team they like. My own Copa knowledge is weak but I'd love to learn more about it from those who know.

The National draft
Criteria; The players peak is based on their performances in one of the following tournaments.

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC
*Rules will be clarified and updated

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet

Last edited:
I think that is a bit too similar to the EC/WC draft and if people want to go for a great Copa America side and so forth it would add a lot of value to the draft. At the same time the more well known sides will have an advantage like always so I don't think it would affect the draft much in that way. Any of the big NT tournaments being available not just opens up the Copa America but also the Olympics which is makes up for the SA peoples advantage.

Also lets a broader group of people make a team they like. My own Copa knowledge is weak but I'd love to learn more about it from those who know.
yeah, Agree with it. Count me in as well.

The National draft
Criteria; The players peak is based on their performances in one of the following tournaments.

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast

The National draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby

The National draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard

The National draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil

The National draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby