Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

The National draft
Criteria; The players peak is based on their performances in one of the following tournaments.

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC
*Rules will be clarified and updated

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
FFS, we haven't even played a game yet.

The National draft
Criteria; The players peak is based on their performances in one of the following tournaments.

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
RYAN-SHULTZ.jpg

Question, how are one tournament wonders going to be judged on this? Say a European championship golden boot winner who had an extremely average career vs. a world class striker who basically failed at the one world cup he was in.

Will they be judged on the respective 2-5 week periods?

Question, how are one tournament wonders going to be judged on this? Say a European championship golden boot winner who had an extremely average career vs. a world class striker who basically failed at the one world cup he was in.

That's my understanding

Yup. Players will be rated like in the old Euro/WC drafts which was based on their level in the eligible tournaments alone. So yes a great player who played bad for these tournaments would be worse than a player who did better.

The National draft
Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor

In if there is space.

The National draft
Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0

Thanks! I did co-manage in the Eastern Euro draft and done a few cricket drafts, but this is my first football draft as manager.

Great! Would love to see you run solo and get to do all your own ideas. Always fresh with new drafters that way.

The National draft
Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut

I don't think I'll have the time to fully dedicate to the next draft.

If someone needs a helping hand you can put me as AM.

I don't think I'll have the time to fully dedicate to the next draft.

If someone needs a helping hand you can put me as AM.

Feel free to join me if you want to play casually. I never do much research and just pick so if you fancy building a team like that join up.

The National draft
Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut
13. Joga Bonito

:lol: Think that is how we all feel in those drafts. Heart says one thing and head another, but then agaiin you decide who you want to pick.

Still recall one joker picking Cruyff and Baresi in the Euros draft and somehow ended up pissing off @Stobzilla . Ended up being banned midway through the draft, was quite the cameo.

:lol: Think that is how we all feel in those drafts. Heart says one thing and head another, but then again you decide who you want to pick.
Aye, in my head I was thinking Baros 2004 vs Diego Costa 2014, I don't know if I want to involve myself in a world where Baros is better than Costa. There are probably even worse scenarios out there as well.

Aye, in my head I was thinking Baros 2004 vs Diego Costa 2014, I don't know if I want to involve myself in a world where Baros is better than Costa. There are probably even worse scenarios out there as well.

I think that's part of the fun though. See players getting picked that normally wouldn't have a hope of getting picked up

I think that's part of the fun though. See players getting picked that normally wouldn't have a hope of getting picked up

Yup. Also I doubt we see any one tournament wonders when the available list is so big. It will be more like X is slightly better than Y if including their club career but just in terms of the internationals Y has the edge.

Yup. Also I doubt we see any one tournament wonders when the available list is so big. It will be more like X is slightly better than Y if including their club career but just in terms of the internationals Y has the edge.

Oh no there will definitely be 1 tournament wonders as it's that 5-6 week peak they are judged off people will use it to their advantage.

Oh no there will definitely be 1 tournament wonders as it's that 5-6 week peak they are judged off people will use it to their advantage.

No doubt, just mean it will take a great performance from them to get included here. A lot of GOATs failed to perform in a Euro, or in a World Cup - and were excluded for that reason. While not a lot of them failed in the Copa/Olympics/WC/Euro. Have no clue though, we'll have to see how it plays out.

I can't resist.

The National draft

Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut
13. Joga Bonito
14. Mazhar

This will be a great opportunity for me to relive the previous international tournaments as well as experience some others for the first time.

Hmm, I'm not sure I would be able to mentally cope with that.

If the previous ones are anything to go by it can make for some fairly scrappy match threads and some very angry managers, but some really interesting details get teased out about the players, with a clearer focus on specific matches etc rather than the more typical generic stuff in most drafts.

Sign me up.

The National draft
Snake draft

World Cup
European Championship
Olympics
Copa America/SAC

1. EAP
2. Isotope
3. Annahnomoss
4. Tuppet
5. DownCast
6. Raees/Invictus
7. Moby
8. Pat Mustard
9. Onenil
10. Sjor
11. 2Mufc0
12. P-Nut/Enigma
13. Joga Bonito
14. Mazhar
15. Gio

Rojo should be on Top 10 everyone's list as LB, if it just based on international level. In reality, not even his mom (if she's a drafter) would pick him over Evra, who actually only has ok-ish international tournament pedigree.

Other example would be Vidic, Rio, and Keane who have lesser stellar NT career compared to those dudes from Greece or Portugal who had won Euro.

Rojo should be on Top 10 everyone's list as LB, if it just based on international level. In reality, not even his mom (if she's a drafter) would pick him over Evra, who actually only has ok-ish international tournament pedigree.

Other example would be Vidic, Rio, and Keane who have lesser stellar NT career compared to those dudes from Greece or Portugal who had won Euro.

But isn't that the whole point of the draft?