New Stadium or Revamp Old Trafford | Aim is to build 100k seater stadium

Would you rather a new stadium or rebuild Old Trafford?

• New stadium

Votes: 940 56.0%
  • Rebuild Old Trafford

Votes: 740 44.0%

• Total voters
It's the best option really. There's no way we'd feasibly get Old Trafford to 100,000 while also completely revamping the outdated interiors.

I really hope we don't sell naming rights though.

It's the best option really. There's no way we'd feasibly get Old Trafford to 100,000 while also completely revamping the outdated interiors.

Just do what Barca have done and call it ‘Microsoft’ Old Trafford or something. You don’t have to exclude old Trafford from the name, and when you do that everyone will still call it OT anyway.

There is zero chance we will get 2B out of nothing. We will 100% sell the naming rights

move to a new Old Trafford

If they are building a new stadium it can't be called Old Trafford as you would hope Old Trafford is kept and redeveloped in some form. Even if OT is demolished if you build a new stadium it shouldn't be called Old Trafford just give it a new name. We might as well just sell the naming rights to it and drop the Old Trafford name all together if we're all about abandoning history and building something new.

If they are building a new stadium it can't be called Old Trafford as you would hope Old Trafford is kept and redeveloped in some form. Even if OT is demolished if you build a new stadium it shouldn't be called Old Trafford just give it a new name. We might as well just sell the naming rights to it and drop the Old Trafford name all together if we're all about abandoning history and building something new.
The site name will become The Old Trafford Campus or something similar with the Sponsor Stadium as its centre piece.

New Trafford?

Or call it Old Trafford and re-name the other Older Trafford.

At some point, we would have to build a new stadium. Re-developing papers over the cracks and there are just too many cracks.

I don’t think they had a realistic choice and they’re not abandoning history, just creating a better future for the club and OT will always be part of the club.

Fantastic news. I'm glad to see some ambition - 100,000 would sell out most games, no problem.

Would be cool, I'd imagine it'll be 10-15 years away in reality, but Man Utd having a great stadium is definitely something to dream about one day.

100k is the best marketing the stadium can get, puts it in a different tier to other stadiums, with only Nou Camp being comparable. We'd get all the biggest events and games, will see the revenue go through the roof. Very happy progress is being made and quick, although I'd hope it'd take less than 6 years to build.

Keep the brick theme by all means, but why would we want to keep that awful roof. It’s an absolute eyesore. It was only added in the 90’s when we renovated, so it’s not exactly “heritage”.

I hope they keep Old Trafford and think of ways to make money from it. Or enough to pay for maintenance anyway.

I don't particularly like the American corporate behemoths a new design will be aiming for.

We should aim for a distinctive design as we did with the original OT in 1910. Bigger does not always mean better.

As for naming rights: only if they are temporary. It seems Arsenal and City's stadia will forever be known via sponsor and it cheapens the allure of their ground.

We should name ours after our history: Matt Busby (minus the Sir but with Brexit Jim I doubt it) Stadium if not named after the area.

No sponsorships of dodgy dictatorship airline or oil subsidiary, please.

I'd be devastated if they knocked OT down. Would signal a new dawn of price gouging, corporate areas and soulless bowlness.

I’m all for a new stadium, hopefully they can pull this off and incorporate some of the original stadium. The thought is giving me goose bumps.

I think we'd all prefer to stay at Old Trafford and have it redeveloped but stadiums built in 1910 aren't going to last forever.

I will embrace whatever the decision may be.

Naming rights will be sold, that's inevitable. 'Nou Camp powered by Microsoft' isn't that what Barca did?

100k would be very ambitious but obviously I'm on board with it

Would be the highest capacity stadium in the UK, and the 2nd highest across Europe behind the new Camp Nou that will supposedly have 105k

United might just have the most ambitious and most exciting project in world football at the moment

I am sceptical about this. Don't want some soulless bowl. However, I am sure they can design a great, unique stadium. It will be a shame to lose the history of OT but if we have an incredible 100k stadium it will be a huge move from the club going forward as a big club.

In the perfect world you'd keep OT with a proper revamp. In reality building next door is probably easier, more cost effective and doesn't impact the team for several years while the new stadium is being built.

I do wonder what would happen to the old stadium once the new is built though? Become the women's team stadium / training ground and museum?

Any new stadium would definitely have naming rights sold but I don't mind that as long as it's done the right way. As other have said, something like "New Trafford Octopus stadium" with the brand changing every 5 years would be ok as everybody would just call it New Trafford.

In the perfect world you'd keep OT with a proper revamp. In reality building next door is probably easier, more cost effective and doesn't impact the team for several years while the new stadium is being built.

I do wonder what would happen to the old stadium once the new is built though? Become the women's team stadium / training ground and museum?

Any new stadium would definitely have naming rights sold but I don't mind that as long as it's done the right way. As other have said, something like "New Trafford Octopus stadium" with the brand changing every 5 years would be ok as everybody would just call it New Trafford.
Old Trafford would definitely be knocked down. Personally I’m not against naming rights if it means we can fund it without hampering the squad.