New Stadium or Revamp Old Trafford | Aim is to build 100k seater stadium

Would you rather a new stadium or rebuild Old Trafford?

• New stadium

Votes: 942 55.9%
  • Rebuild Old Trafford

Votes: 742 44.1%

• Total voters
The hospitality packages that the clubs have available and the services/facilities. So just as a small example Brighton offer Tunnel Club, heated leather seats, charging points and QR code in seat dining service for food and drinks.

We need to be offering the finest hospitality services possible and honestly we are not, we're very behind.

Good that they are hatching ambitious plans to build a new stadium, then.

The hospitality packages that the clubs have available and the services/facilities. So just as a small example Brighton offer Tunnel Club, heated leather seats, charging points and QR code in seat dining service for food and drinks.

We need to be offering the finest hospitality services possible and honestly we are not, we're very behind.
I personally don't get the tunnel appeal but there's obviously a market for it among the more money than sense/corporate freebee lot. Interesting though. Thanks.

Chicken and chips reimagined by head chef Patrice. No cookers necessary

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to get an invite each year to the City vs Liverpool game at the Etihad. Whilst there's not a lot to like about that club, the hospitality is next level. I've done similar at OT, Turf Moor (cracking pies though) and Elland Road and the difference is night and day. Whilst people may turn their noses up at some elements of it, not everyone wants to bounce around in the stands and clubs need to cater for those that don't.

What are you all moaning about? You can't be daft enough to mistake standard summer maintenance with what is clearly going to be a new stadium build in the coming years, can you?

Do you really think they assembled fourteen of the most influential people in Manchester to discuss a summer paint job?

Moving the freight terminal to somewhere else in GM and building a new railway is a massive undertaking and will happen alongside wider regeneration.

This is a several year project, not a snap of the fingers.

There was a report that the committee will feedback towards the end of the year so if any kind of redevelopment or new build is to happen we may hear about around the New Year.

A new stadium, but where will the funds come from to finance would be probably a 2B project? Sure, a loan could be taken out, but we're drowning in debt as is.

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to get an invite each year to the City vs Liverpool game at the Etihad. Whilst there's not a lot to like about that club, the hospitality is next level. I've done similar at OT, Turf Moor (cracking pies though) and Elland Road and the difference is night and day. Whilst people may turn their noses up at some elements of it, not everyone wants to bounce around in the stands and clubs need to cater for those that don't.

The issue is not necessarily people turning their noses up at it more that clubs are essentially prioritising hospitality packages over "traditional" matchgoing fans.

Season Ticket holders are increasingly getting treated poorly by the clubs as they chase even more money.

I fear a move from Old Trafford will kill the last remnants of Uniteds 'harcore' fanbase as they chase 2 or 3 game a season people who can afford to spend several thousands in one day.

Sure, we maybe a state-of-the-art stadium. Sure, we make even more money but no local lads and lasses from Manchester or Salford will be able to afford to go

The issue is not necessarily people turning their noses up at it more that clubs are essentially prioritising hospitality packages over "traditional" matchgoing fans.

Season Ticket holders are increasingly getting treated poorly by the clubs as they chase even more money.

I fear a move from Old Trafford will kill the last remnants of Uniteds 'harcore' fanbase as they chase 2 or 3 game a season people who can afford to spend several thousands in one day.

Sure, we maybe a state-of-the-art stadium. Sure, we make even more money but no local lads and lasses from Manchester or Salford will be able to afford to go
That ship sailed a long time ago, it's the reason I stopped going in the 90's and a lot of fans I knew at the time did the same

That ship sailed a long time ago, it's the reason I stopped going in the 90's and a lot of fans I knew at the time did the same

Oh I agree. But a ground move would be the final nail in the coffin. It would be the final social cleanse of our support.

I completely agree, I was just highlighting how important the corporate side of things things is now, ideally you'd want a happy medium.

Personally. I'd be gutted if another historic stadium fell by the wayside. I was praying that we chose to re-develop Anfield and thank god we did. There has to be a happy medium of providing a good corporate experience, whilst still improving it for the other 80k fans - it'd be a good challenge for some of the top architects!

Has there been any indication of when we can expect a decision on this from Seb Coe's panel?
After some months of deliberation they have decided to place their faith in the current stadia as they believe it hasn't been given the correct backing to succeed over the past few years and will turn things around next season.

After some months of deliberation they have decided to place their faith in the current stadia as they believe it hasn't been given the correct backing to succeed over the past few years and will turn things around next season.

Yep. They reached that conclusion having held discussions with the Emirates, El Ettihad, Anfield, Santiago Bernabeu and Portman Road.

I hope it isnt true that the club has held talks with the Bank of America and other financial institutions about the aquisition of funds for this project, we dont need a load more debt being piled on to the ridiculous amount we already owe.

I hope it isnt true that the club has held talks with the Bank of America and other financial institutions about the aquisition of funds for this project, we dont need a load more debt being piled on to the ridiculous amount we already owe.

Ratcliffe and his Glazer chums love debt. Why would anyone be surprised they would seek more for the revamp? Was never likely to be funded via the owners

Ratcliffe and his Glazer chums love debt. Why would anyone be surprised they would seek more for the revamp? Was never likely to be funded via the owners

I just think it'll be ridiculous for the club to take on more debt when we cant pay off the ridiculous amount we already have.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place because fo the Glazers neglect of OT over the years.

We either completely revamp OT or build a new stadium but to do so would require an obscene amount of money which has to come from somewhere. i can't see SJR stumping up £2bn of his own money, especially as he's not a majority shareholder currently.

We can go further into debt to finance it, possible offset any extra profits so the stadium can pay for itself but means no massive financial benefit of having the new stadium (and not even sure if it would anywhere near cover the payments).

Finally, we can sell our soul and sponsor OT but Barca have just done this for £236m for 4 years, which even if we did it for 10 years it wouldn't be enough to cover the costs.

How else would a stadium redevelopment or rebuild be funded?

Doesn't the average family do this day in day out? Want an extension on your house, either use some of your savings or re-mortgage. Want to buy a new house, very it's bought outright. Very rarely do people or businesses for that matter dip into their own coffers for such a large capital expenditure project.

I aint arsed if we sold the naming rights.

Who cares. Arsenal has the Emirates stadium and I don't think Arsenal fans are bothered.
Newcastle was called the sports direct stadium or something along them lines, yet everyone called it St James' Park

Stuck between a rock and a hard place because fo the Glazers neglect of OT over the years.

We either completely revamp OT or build a new stadium but to do so would require an obscene amount of money which has to come from somewhere. i can't see SJR stumping up £2bn of his own money, especially as he's not a majority shareholder currently.

We can go further into debt to finance it, possible offset any extra profits so the stadium can pay for itself but means no massive financial benefit of having the new stadium (and not even sure if it would anywhere near cover the payments).

Finally, we can sell our soul and sponsor OT but Barca have just done this for £236m for 4 years, which even if we did it for 10 years it wouldn't be enough to cover the costs.

Sir Jim is obviously maneuvering for public money with his Jon Snowesque "Wembley of the North" talk.

I'd imagine his hoping for a mix of private and public money for the area around OT and then borrowing money to supplement public money for the stadium.

There's no big deal in borrowing money against future revenue, you can spread it out over 100 years.
I see no big deal in selling naming rights to OT either. It's common practice and is only temporary.

I'm not sure if the new Labour government will fund a stadium for us though.
Redevelopment money for the area around OT is definitely possible though.

We either stand still and rot or gamble on a new stadium with more debt. One is a definite and the other can go either way. Saying that I am sure Ratcliffe wouldnt be stupid enough to get more debt repayments than there is profit. i'm sure this will have been analyzed over and over again as its a big sum to feck up.

Taking Spotifys Camp Nou deal as an indicator of the market it’s not out of the question to raise £500-600m over a 10yr deal.

Even if a new stadium cost us £2bn covering 40% of the cost from completely new revenue is a good chunk. Then judging what Spurs have done in terms of driving higher revenues we can cover the debt repayments from those funds and perhaps a 2nd investment from Ratcliffe for more shares.

I just think it'll be ridiculous for the club to take on more debt when we cant pay off the ridiculous amount we already have.
We could, the owners could. Easily. They choose not to. It suits them better that way.
The debts now on Ineos books, no?
I believe that was a condition of a majority sale. The idea was dropped when the deal became minority.

I was under the impression the whole point in get seb coe etc involved was to get Manchester council to pay for the majority of it.

I was also under the impression that any new debt would be on INEOS books not Uniteds.

Maybe right now it's about getting the plans in place then hopefully a full takeover happens and then INEOS pushes the button on getting it done.

I'm certainly not saying this is what the plan is, there was a lot of story's floating around during the takeover and I'm not sure what was fact or fiction.

I was under the impression the whole point in get seb coe etc involved was to get Manchester council to pay for the majority of it.

I was also under the impression that any new debt would be on INEOS books not Uniteds.

Maybe right now it's about getting the plans in place then hopefully a full takeover happens and then INEOS pushes the button on getting it done.

I'm certainly not saying this is what the plan is, there was a lot of story's floating around during the takeover and I'm not sure what was fact or fiction.
There’s nothing to suggest new debt would be on the clubs books, although that is obviously a possibility.
Crafton notes it is unclear at this stage whether the club or INEOS “would carry the burden of fresh debt” if money is borrowed to fund the infrastructure project.

Bank of America Stadium? feck off, I'd rather have leaking roofs.

So where would the £1-2 billion needed for the stadium redevelopment/rebuild come from then?

The club shouldnt even be looking at spending a huge amount on a new stadium until the existing massive debt is dealt with.

If you are correct that it would cost £1-2bn then that would put us £2-3Bn in debt which simply isnt sustainable.