NBA 2019-2020

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Well you can't just be off your game / take time off due to "load management" every year during the regular season, then turn up in the playoffs and expect people to rate you as a top 3 player. The regular season counts too. Sure enough it pays off if you win multiple rings going by that strategy, but if Dallas dumps them out he'll have had quite a terrible season for his standards.

There's no way I have him over Giannis LeBron or Durant.
He was very good in the regular season though.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What an awful loss for the Rockets yesterday, must be awful supporting that team . Just a lot of brainless jacking of 3's with 15 seconds left on the shot clock

Zen

As much I’d want a more or less genuine team in the Bucks to win, despite it being Milwaukee .... I’ve gotta slot the Lakers in as pretty strong faves right now.

Great to see OKC pull some tricks out, watched them in January vs Nets, nifty team. But whens Westbrook back? If at all? His transition to the Rockets impressed me too, big miss at the moment.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Yes. We need people to continue to spread this message. Hopefully we can get a decent pick in a trade.
:lol:
Yeah, was about to say, whoever does that would do a mistake. Although he often overperforms in playoffs, I give him that. Had some great playoff matchups with Atlanta.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I missed that LBJ Mamba authentic jersey drop on the Lakers store last night and my salt levels are through the roof..:mad::(

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Speaking of Luka, anyone recall the Haws/Mavs trade? Young has turned out to be a pretty good player but think Atlanta would redo that in hindsight?
I think so.
Young is an absolute beast, he's all you could realistically want from a #3 pick and more. But Luka is special. He already runs what is statistically the most efficient offense in NBA history (only one ever with 116+ points/100 posessions). Even when you look at best offenses relative to league average in the respective year, it's still firmly in the top 10. With a team that, quality wise, isn't comparable to the other teams on that list relative to their competitors. Doncic is different. It's pointless to argue the exact trajectory he will take, but I don't see how Young could reach the heights Doncic will.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Series over now even more than it already was.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Absolute bullshit from Morris on Doncic with that step on his hurt ankle though. They are playing and acting like thugs against a partly injured 21-year-old kid and an inferior team who has Porzingis out too.

And am saying this as someone who kind of likes them.

Last edited:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, no review even. Diabolical refereeing.
Can Morris still get a suspension?

Squeaky Bumtime

Absolute bullshit from Morris on Doncic with that step on his hurt ankle though. They are playing and acting like thugs against a partly injured 21-year-old kid and an inferior team who has Porzingis out too.

And am saying this as someone who kind of likes them.
Yeah he acts like a bum the whole series.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Cnut. As deliberate as they fecking come.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

The Pacers have fired McMillan.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I agree that they must do something, but I'm not sure that not playing is the right thing to do. Genuinely don't know what would be best.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I agree that they must do something, but I'm not sure that not playing is the right thing to do. Genuinely don't know what would be best.
Imagine how they feel. These players see another huge episode of social injustice, and it hurts them dearly. By choosing to play, they're going to send a message that basketball takes precedence over social/sociopolitical issues. If anything, whatever decision they make will come after tons of deliberation among themselves, their teams, and the NBA.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine how they feel. These players see another huge episode of social injustice, and it hurts them dearly. By choosing to play, they're going to send a message that basketball takes precedence over social/sociopolitical issues. If anything, whatever decision they make will come after tons of deliberation among themselves, their teams, and the NBA.
Yeah, to some degree I agree, but by not playing they might take away their own platform. I think it might influence more people if they do play and make a clear statement for the whole country to see.

On the other hand if they cancel the whole playoffs themselves, they might force decision makers into faster reactions maybe - I honestly don't know.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wow. That would be some statement. How would the league handle it if no players show up?
No idea, but they all have to stand together obviously. If Toronto and Boston agree not to play but Milwaukee continues to play, they'll just be awarded a place in the Finals if they beat Miami and you show that you can't even have unity amongst your own players, that would be a total disaster.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, to some degree I agree, but by not playing they might take away their own platform. I think it might influence more people if they do play and make a clear statement for the whole country to see.

On the other hand if they cancel the whole playoffs themselves, they might force decision makers into faster reactions maybe - I honestly don't know.
Fred VanVleet talked about that recently. He talked about whether coming out and sending the message will even make a difference given that the Jacob Blake incident happened despite their current messages. That hurt VanVleet in particular who also talked about the conversations he'd have with his kids about how they'd have to act in front of the police and such.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fred VanVleet talked about that recently. He talked about whether coming out and sending the message will even make a difference given that the Jacob Blake incident happened despite their current messages. That hurt VanVleet in particular who also talked about the conversations he'd have with his kids about how they'd have to act in front of the police and such.
Appreciate that that must be difficult and infuriating, yeah... The whole issue will be brought up even more once the NFL returns in two weeks time, but indeed, what good are the messages if those incidents keep happening.

I don't have the right answer either, that much I know.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Appreciate that that must be difficult and infuriating, yeah... The whole issue will be brought up even more once the NFL returns in two weeks time, but indeed, what good are the messages if those incidents keep happening.

I don't have the right answer either, that much I know.
That makes the two of us. Hopefully the NBA empathise with the players and give them some leeway if they don't feel comfortable playing the first game tomorrow.

SportingCP96

Supports
Don't look like this bucks game is happening. Boycotts under way.

SportingCP96

Supports
I Don't expect any games today or tomorrow.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
"Can't wait" to see the reaction of the redneck Wisconsin people nearby to this. Some of them were already posting on our local neighborhood site that Blake deserved what he got. Guarantee the usual "Shut up and dribble" comments.

AFC NimbleThumb

Big move by the Bucks, watching the Milwaukee feed on NBA TV this is an organisation that is about change - this is not a gimmick.

More than a Game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Rockets game is not going ahead either