Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

That looked more like Spalletti's team. Convincing win for Italy.

On paper Norway should have a team capable of sleep-walking to the Euros and WC. And honestly good enough to get out of the group stages too.

Y so shit? Is it just the England curse on crack?
Haaland should have played for England.

Never understood the dislike for the nations league. The international window would still have been there, just with friendlies instead.

Bigger nations should just use it as an opportunity to give minutes to fringe players.
Most dislike seems to come from both Nations League and friendlies interrupting the football most of us like to watch weekly.

Especially the first international window comes way to early and disrupts the domestic leagues before the season has started properly.

If it didn't impact and halt the domestic leagues, I don't think anyone would dislike it. But it does, so I hate it.

On paper Norway should have a team capable of sleep-walking to the Euros and WC. And honestly good enough to get out of the group stages too.

Y so shit? Is it just the England curse on crack?
It’s weird. Since 2018 Denmark has qualified for both euros and both WCs. 4 times total. That’s the same number as the other Nordic countries combined. Norway haven’t qualified at all. Does anyone have an explanation?
Most dislike seems to come from both Nations League and friendlies interrupting the football most of us like to watch weekly.

Especially the first international window comes way to early and disrupts the domestic leagues before the season has started properly.

If it didn't impact and halt the domestic leagues, I don't think anyone would dislike it. But it does, so I hate it.
I love it. The only place outside amateur football where money doesn’t determine the strength of the teams. It binds us together as peoples as well - for 90 minutes we want the same as our compatriots regardless of our differences otherwise. I think that’s healthy for any country in a time with huge divisions - contrary to the “opium for the people”-theory of the traditional left I think that has a positive influence on our democratic debate.

Sorry for the digression.

It binds us together as peoples as well - for 90 minutes we want the same as our compatriots regardless of our differences otherwise.
A less optimistic view could be that it separates peoples, too. The "Say No To Racism" campaigns of the FAs of this world are claiming to offer solutions to problems that are magnified or even partially caused by primitive football tribalism.

One reason I love Utd and club football more than national versions is precisely because it doesn't matter where we were born, what colour our skin is, what we believe in, or whatever differences we have. We have our love for a team/club in common. Club football is all about togetherness despite many differences.

Norway just seem to appoint terrible managers constantly.

With the talent they have in key positions they should be able to replicate what Wales achieved between 2016-2022. O.k maybe not a SF of major tournament but qualifying regularly for Euros and the odd World cup.

Norway just seem to appoint terrible managers constantly.

With the talent they have in key positions they should be able to replicate what Wales achieved between 2016-2022. O.k maybe not a SF of major tournament but qualifying regularly for Euros and the odd World cup.
Hey!

All true, and Solbakken has NFF's confidence till after the WC qualifier

A less optimistic view could be that it separates peoples, too. The "Say No To Racism" campaigns of the FAs of this world are claiming to offer solutions to problems that are magnified or even partially caused by primitive football tribalism.
Racism is a much larger problem in club football than internationals. Also, except certain nations, the national team is more a common reference point than a catalyst of tribalism. In international football the vast majority of fans seem to agree it’s just a game. Club football is where you find violence and deep rooted tribalism.

Heard a rumour your new headcoach is an England hater who doesn't even sing along with the national anthem.

Heard a rumour your new headcoach is an England hater who doesn't even sing along with the national anthem.
Spain's coach doesn't either. Those are the sacrifices you need to make if you want to win.

Really shameful of the Irish to boo our great anthem.

Everton are very lucky to have "The greatest human being on Earth" as their captain.

I give Ireland another 20 minutes before they're knackered.

Mainoo has been slow so far..

Rice is the most fake person there is

Rice managing to piss off both sets of supporters with that non-celebration.