Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

Denmark continued playing even though Embolo was down (vestergaard stood on his hand). Definitely far away from any kind of fairplay from Denmark.

But to get yourself sent off in such a way was unnecessary and imature from Granit. The red card for Elvedi earlier was an absolute joke though.

Anyway, feck the Nations League. Don't feel any kind of emotions watching my team in this competition. Not even comparable in the slighest to the Euros or WC.
You're not supposed to stop playing when someone is down, since a decade ago or something. It's up to the ref to stop the game.

The first red was surely a red if it's deemed a foul since he was the last defender and it wasn't a penalty?

You're not supposed to stop playing when someone is down, since a decade ago or something. It's up to the ref to stop the game.

The first red was surely a red if it's deemed a foul since he was the last defender and it wasn't a penalty?
You are not supossed but in football its part of fairplay (or lets say some kind of "Gentleman agreement") to play the ball out of play in such a situation.

Yeah but its a joke that it's deemed a foul from Elvedi as it was Dolberg who fouled him which let to Elvedi falling over Dolberg.

Wasn't a fan of the Nations League at the start, thinking primarily as a Germany fan, but it's certainly done well for nations in the tier below the top ones where they consistently play more competitive matches and work their way up the ladder to play better teams. I think it's done really well in the development of those teams, though still think it isn't as attractive for the bigger teams and isn't a major tournament.

Denmark continued playing even though Embolo was down (vestergaard stood on his hand). Definitely far away from any kind of fairplay from Denmark.

But to get yourself sent off in such a way was unnecessary and imature from Granit. The red card for Elvedi earlier was an absolute joke though.

Anyway, feck the Nations League. Don't feel any kind of emotions watching my team in this competition. Not even comparable in the slighest to the Euros or WC.
Denmark should not stop playing there. If United had stopped the game in the same situation, I would explode with rage in front of my TV.

The referee referees the match and stops the game if there is reason to do so. There was nothing wrong with Embolo afterwards either and he was not injured, so it turned out to be correct to continue the game.

Swizterland were very unsportsmanlike in the situations after and their behavior was embarrassing. And they did not live up to fair play at all.

Every year since the Nations League has started Ive read the format/rules and every year it still makes zero sense to me.

Every year since the Nations League has started Ive read the format/rules and every year it still makes zero sense to me.
They also seem to change it every time to be fair.

From what I understand now the second spot meets the first places in a playoff im March to qualify for the "final four" in June. I bet in a few tournaments it will be 8 teams and eventually a second euros

They also seem to change it every time to be fair.

From what I understand now the second spot meets the first places in a playoff im March to qualify for the "final four" in June. I bet in a few tournaments it will be 8 teams and eventually a second euros

It hurts my head just trying to figure it out :lol:

You are not supossed but in football its part of fairplay (or lets say some kind of "Gentleman agreement") to play the ball out of play in such a situation.

Yeah but its a joke that it's deemed a foul from Elvedi as it was Dolberg who fouled him which let to Elvedi falling over Dolberg.
Tell me, friend: when was the last time Switzerland did that? Because I haven’t seen it for maybe ten years in international football (not counting friendlies) - it’s up to the referee to stop the game if he thinks it’s warranted, not the players. By the looks of it, it also did seem like the Swiss player wasn’t hurt at all but tried to get a free kick and then to get the game stopped. Is that fair play to you? Maybe you should criticize your own players for acting like angry children instead of playing on - starting with your captain.

The first red was obvious, too - the referee deemed it a fair duel until the attacker overtook the defender who then clipped him. At first he thought it was a penalty and therefore gave a yellow, but VAR correctly saw it as a foul outside of the area and therefore a red card due to a foul that took away a clear chance on goal.

Go to bed and watch the game again tomorrow without Swiss chocolate in front of your eyes.

Don't think I have disliked a footballer not playing for a rival team more than Ralston.

Tell me, friend: when was the last time Switzerland did that? Because I haven’t seen it for maybe ten years in international football (not counting friendlies) - it’s up to the referee to stop the game if he thinks it’s warranted, not the players. By the looks of it, it also did seem like the Swiss player wasn’t hurt at all but tried to get a free kick and then to get the game stopped. Is that fair play to you? Maybe you should criticize your own players for acting like angry children instead of playing on - starting with your captain.

The first red was obvious, too - the referee deemed it a fair duel until the attacker overtook the defender who then clipped him. At first he thought it was a penalty and therefore gave a yellow, but VAR correctly saw it as a foul outside of the area and therefore a red card due to a foul that took away a clear chance on goal.

Go to bed and watch the game again tomorrow without Swiss chocolate in front of your eyes.
I've slept well and eaten my portion chocolate for breakfast. I still agree to disagree.
I stand by my points.

1. Vestergaard stamped directly on the Hand of Embolo, that definitely hurts as feck when someone stamps on your hand with football boots. Embolo even claimed after the game that e might need a scan today to see if nothings broken on his hand.

2. I can see it all the time in football that one Team plays the ball out of play if someone from the other Team is injured. As i said, it's not a rule but it's called fairplay or Gentleman's agreement. I would have been furious as well if I would have been on the pitch. (Xhakas behaviour to get himself sent off in the end was over the top tbf and should not happen to such an experienced player)

3. First red is a joke as Dolberg fouls Elvedi first. He holds his arm, that's why Elvedi falls over. Its obvious within reply. So the correct decicion would have been to give the foul the other way.

I've slept well and eaten my portion chocolate for breakfast. I still agree to disagree.
I stand by my points.

1. Vestergaard stamped directly on the Hand of Embolo, that definitely hurts as feck when someone stamps on your hand with football boots. Embolo even claimed after the game that e might need a scan today to see if nothings broken on his hand.

2. I can see it all the time in football that one Team plays the ball out of play if someone from the other Team is injured. As i said, it's not a rule but it's called fairplay or Gentleman's agreement. I would have been furious as well if I would have been on the pitch. (Xhakas behaviour to get himself sent off in the end was over the top tbf and should not happen to such an experienced player)

3. First red is a joke as Dolberg fouls Elvedi first. He holds his arm, that's why Elvedi falls over. Its obvious within reply. So the correct decicion would have been to give the foul the other way.

But why would you kick the ball out, when the team you are playing against continously time wasted and went down every chance they had. Sure in this specific case he was hurt, but never a stamp, never a freekick. Why would the players think he was actually injured when you guys in all other situations were in no rush to do anything after being one man down, which I guess is understandable, but then you also gotta admit it is understandable that the Danish players had no incentive to believe it was nothing more than time wasting.

All in all, Swiss players showed themselves to be pathetic, especially Xhaka, who should have gotten like 5 yellow cards before the restart and Embrolo who could have seriously injured Vestergaard, over what? a situation he arguably wasnt really involved in except for the initial random occurance, ref completely bottled the situation. Also laughable the Swiss players stormed off after the game without shaking hands, it's like they have never played a football game before. They were down a man, time wasted and then were shocked when they were repercussion, bunch of kids. Anyway, looking forward to the return fixture, going to be a blast.

I stand by my points.

It's nice when teams play the ball out when someone is down injured, but it's not obligatory. You often see player's own teammates play on when a player's down injured. If there was real concern over Embolo's health, it's up to the refs to stop play and get him assessed. I'm pretty sure I saw an identical situation at the euros when an Italian player was down, but the Swiss players played on.

I do actually agree with you on the first red card. Dolberg was pulling Elvedi's arm, and he was already off balance, and it's it the fall caused by Dolberg's pull that results in Elvedi landing on Dolberg's legs. To me it's a clear foul in the other direction. It kinda ruined the game.

I stand by my points.

If he's hurt his hand there's no need to stay down, it won't stop him running or kicking the ball.

Feeble excuse.

Haha i love the salty tears from the Swiss players and fans. Nothing better than a team timewasting and then crying when it backfires.

How delusional do you have to be to think the ref or the other team would stop the game with 8 minutes left because you are flopping on the ground. He was even up before the ball was in the net.

And then crying about fair play… :lol:

Wasn't a fan of the Nations League at the start, thinking primarily as a Germany fan, but it's certainly done well for nations in the tier below the top ones where they consistently play more competitive matches and work their way up the ladder to play better teams. I think it's done really well in the development of those teams, though still think it isn't as attractive for the bigger teams and isn't a major tournament.
Good point regarding the lower team development. Otherwise, I personally hate the Nations League. If it just existed in off-season I wouldn't mind it but it's taking away one of my favourite weekend activities and replacing it with a really poor alternative.
I feel like a kid whose parents take away the game console on a free Saturday afternoon and give me a mechanical ball-in-maze-puzzle as a fun alternative. “Seriously, Mom, Dad, why do you keep getting me these cheap, boring toys? Everyone else has an Atari, and I’m stuck with this junk!”

But why would you kick the ball out, when the team you are playing against continously time wasted and went down every chance they had. Sure in this specific case he was hurt, but never a stamp, never a freekick. Why would the players think he was actually injured when you guys in all other situations were in no rush to do anything after being one man down, which I guess is understandable, but then you also gotta admit it is understandable that the Danish players had no incentive to believe it was nothing more than time wasting.

All in all, Swiss players showed themselves to be pathetic, especially Xhaka, who should have gotten like 5 yellow cards before the restart and Embrolo who could have seriously injured Vestergaard, over what? a situation he arguably wasnt really involved in except for the initial random occurance, ref completely bottled the situation. Also laughable the Swiss players stormed off after the game without shaking hands, it's like they have never played a football game before. They were down a man, time wasted and then were shocked when they were repercussion, bunch of kids. Anyway, looking forward to the return fixture, going to be a blast.
Well said - spot on!

On paper Norway should have a team capable of sleep-walking to the Euros and WC. And honestly good enough to get out of the group stages too.

Y so shit? Is it just the England curse on crack?

On paper Norway should have a team capable of sleep-walking to the Euros and WC. And honestly good enough to get out of the group stages too.

Y so shit? Is it just the England curse on crack?
0192b141-9e1f-4f9a-8270-9dea0414dc1f

On the bright side, we didn’t lose to a late goal.

Another qualifier where we do feck all.

Currently watching one of the nicest men in football, Craig Bellamy, making his managerial debut.

0-0. The Taffs are 100mph. They can't keep up this intensity, but very attacking. Turkey (Twrici) struggling to get out of their half.

Balls out from Wales and Bellamy, very refreshing after the safety first approach of Page. Interesting to see if we can keep it up.

Currently watching one of the nicest men in football, Craig Bellamy, making his managerial debut.

0-0. The Taffs are 100mph. They can't keep up this intensity, but very attacking. Turkey (Twrici) struggling to get out of their half.

Everybody loves Craig. First 45 minutes all the proof needed that Page had to go, firing a bald manager does work!

I’m watching France vs Italy and Tonali is so good, very interesting to see if he adapts to the EPL

Never understood the dislike for the nations league. The international window would still have been there, just with friendlies instead.

Bigger nations should just use it as an opportunity to give minutes to fringe players.