Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

Best compromise, Wirtz joins Madrid in 2025 and Musiala follows him in 2026. That way, Leverkusen fans get what they want because they won't have to see him in a Bayern jersey and Bayern fans get to see both in the same team :)
I don't believe you, you're not THAT evil.

Best compromise, Wirtz joins Madrid in 2025 and Musiala follows him in 2026. That way, Leverkusen fans get what they want because they won't have to see him in a Bayern jersey and Bayern fans get to see both in the same team :)
Not even Ancelotti could form a functional team with Mbappe, Vini Jr, Bellingham, Musiala and Wirtz (and Rodrygo).
Apparently Real plans to go all out for Rodri which they would need much more.

I believe we will try everything we can to get Wirtz in the summer and i dont think our chances are bad.
Wirtz can still go abroad after 4 or 5 years with us when he still will only be 26 or 27.

Really super performance offensively, defensively there were a couple of shaky moments where Hungary could've scored from. Score really should have been something like 7-2.

Havertz with a typical Euro performance, everything he does is 9/10 until it comes to finishing where he really frustrates. That being said, I would keep him in the starting line up because his link up play with Wirtz and Musiala is superb. Gross was quite brilliant to be honest, playing all over the field and being supportive in defense. Just think him and Andrich in midfield would struggle technically against a midfield that presses.

Defensively we're still weak.

Zirkzee and Gravenberch played well. De Ligt is just rubbish in Oranje.

Just think him and Andrich in midfield would struggle technically against a midfield that presses.
It's still 2 years until the world cup. Gross will be 35 by then.
My guess is Pavlovic and Stiller will be the future.

I believe we will try everything we can to get Wirtz in the summer and i dont think our chances are bad.
Agree. Real can't buy every talented player. They are packed with gifted players in front already.
With Real out of the picture Bayern has the best chances. Can't see Wirtz joining a sugar daddy or oil club. Especially with Guardiola most likely be leaving after this our next season latest.

I like this. Galacticos 3.0. No idea how Musiala, Wirtz, Bellingham, Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni, Mbappe, Endrick, Vini, Rodrygo will fit into the team but I’m willing to see Alonso try ;)

Canada beats usa 1-2. First victory on US soil since 1957. Go Jesse.

Anyone picked up an injury yet?

Racism is a much larger problem in club football than internationals. Also, except certain nations, the national team is more a common reference point than a catalyst of tribalism. In international football the vast majority of fans seem to agree it’s just a game. Club football is where you find violence and deep rooted tribalism.
I disagree with your view but based upon nothing other than my opinion formed over 50 years of loving and hating football.
It's a topic I'd be interested to read more about and adjust my opinion if you have or anybody else has any sources on the matter.

It's still 2 years until the world cup. Gross will be 35 by then.
My guess is Pavlovic and Stiller will be the future.

Agree. Real can't buy every talented player. They are packed with gifted players in front already.
With Real out of the picture Bayern has the best chances. Can't see Wirtz joining a sugar daddy or oil club. Especially with Guardiola most likely be leaving after this our next season latest.

Is Stiller defensively good enough? Stiller plays the Pavlovic role for Stuttgart and their number 6 is Karazor. I think it'll be back to the days of playing Kimmich-Kroos-Gundogan where we were good in possession but horribly open on the counter.

Andrich is a must for me, or if we find another natural number 6 (Stach, Karazor etc).

I disagree with your view but based upon nothing other than my opinion formed over 50 years of loving and hating football.
It's a topic I'd be interested to read more about and adjust my opinion if you have or anybody else has any sources on the matter.
Well, I would love to provide evidence. Sadly, I have none as, like yours, my opinion is very much based on my own impressions. That said, I think there are quite a few indicators: We know that racism is a big problem in club football, especially in Italy, but in the other big (and smaller) leagues as well. Sometimes, players are even abused by their own fans. I don’t think that happens in international games, at least not nearly as much. The same goes for racism vs the other team and violence between fan groups which of course exists but to a much lesser degree. That’s probably because the fans are different - fewer young, drunk men, more families etc. Internationals simply don’t attract the same people as club football - just compare the atmosphere during the Euros or WC to the average league or champions league game.

As for national teams and tribalism I think that it’s mostly negative when it comes to Eastern Europe, especially the Balkan countries due to their recent history. I mean, you can “hate” the other team for 90 minutes, but then it’s over and instead of going to war, we’ve battled on a football pitch - no one got hurt and no one bothers to bear real grudges for longer than next Monday. Compare that to hardcore club football fans and their toxic masculinity driven hatred towards other clubs…

I swear every time its an English ref the VAR takes like 10x the time, they want their screen time

3-4 minutes VAR check by the english refs for a goal, everyone could see was fine in Denmark-Serbia

Well, I would love to provide evidence. Sadly, I have none as, like yours, my opinion is very much based on my own impressions. That said, I think there are quite a few indicators: We know that racism is a big problem in club football, especially in Italy, but in the other big (and smaller) leagues as well. Sometimes, players are even abused by their own fans. I don’t think that happens in international games, at least not nearly as much. The same goes for racism vs the other team and violence between fan groups which of course exists but to a much lesser degree. That’s probably because the fans are different - fewer young, drunk men, more families etc. Internationals simply don’t attract the same people as club football - just compare the atmosphere during the Euros or WC to the average league or champions league game.

As for national teams and tribalism I think that it’s mostly negative when it comes to Eastern Europe, especially the Balkan countries due to their recent history. I mean, you can “hate” the other team for 90 minutes, but then it’s over and instead of going to war, we’ve battled on a football pitch - no one got hurt and no one bothers to bear real grudges for longer than next Monday. Compare that to hardcore club football fans and their toxic masculinity driven hatred towards other clubs…
I have a friend who used to referee at a moderately high level. He tells me that the most vicious and scary match he was asked to referee was a game between a Serbia based team v a Croatia based team. The antics on and off the field were unbelievable. He felt lucky to get out alive!
On another issue - I remember when nationality was based on the place of your birth so there was no poaching based on the birthplace of your Granny! That seemed simpler.

Gibraltar thought they beat Liechtenstein with a goal in the 7th minute of injury time but Liechtenstein equalised in the 14th minute of injury time. What a doozy

Why the feck are we wearing our away kit! There’s not a motherfecking clash between red and blue! Why is this a thing?
Gibraltar thought they beat Liechtenstein with a goal in the 7th minute of injury time but Liechtenstein equalised in the 14th minute of injury time. What a doozy
That’s not as bad as us conceding two goals in injury time against Chelsea back in April.

It's time to watch Leao get called world-class for 90 minutes when all he does is head-down dribble and kick the ball in random directions.

Leao is a cracking player, should be one of our targets for next summer.