Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's all it is then it will get sorted. City won't miss out for something so (relatively) inconsequential.

Ah, right, agents - the saints and guardians of professional players.

I hate agents.

Wenger saying he knows nothing about the break down off talks when asked on five live.

Given that he seems unwilling to acknowledge that there are talks ongoing that's not a surprise.

BBC understand the deal is still on.Just a matter of ironing out details.

fecking caughtoffside - they probably got their info from here.

Massive anticlimax :mad:

Wenger says "both Manchester clubs are on case" but Nasri sale is "a long, long way from being done" in exclusive interview on Telefoot #

Interesting

I wonder why, given the admission that Nasri would rather join ourselves, that there hasn't been more serious speculation over us signing him. He's clearly cheaper, younger and a less problematic signing than Sneijder. For all this extra hassle, is Sneijder really that much of a better fit at United?

I reckon there's enough scope in Uniteds finances to accomodate Nasris wages but not sure if there's the justification to be paying him the sort of fees it's been rumoured City are offering. Still, it's getting late in the transfer window and that might force our hands, if we're interested.

I wonder why, given the admission that Nasri would rather join ourselves, that there hasn't been more serious speculation over us signing him. He's clearly cheaper, younger and a less problematic signing than Sneijder. For all this extra hassle, is Sneijder really that much of a better fit at United?

I think in all probability we won't get either now. Until we change our philosophy and approach to this type of signing they will continue to be snapped up by the sugar-daddy clubs.

The more I think about it, is he really the player we need?

People whine about Sneijder not being the player due to his attacking nature rather than being a true centre midfielder, well isn't Nasri even more the case?

With Young, Rooney and Nani already at the club and Welbeck and Cleverley also making their mark this season, where would he fit into our plans? I don't see Ferguson being interested at all.

At least Sneijder has proven he can dictate a game from deeper, Nasri is more of an impact player, a type of player we have plenty of already.

He will move to City, it's gone way too far to back down now. He is also exactly the sort of player they need at the moment to go a level up.

No.

Well what happens when Silva gets injured? Use Milner and Toure in the AM?

Plus in the Prem, he's mostly played on the wing. It only doesn't make sense because of the amount of deadweight they still have and that Mancini still feels obliged to give some of them good time to keep their value up...or maybe more crazily because he rates as CL/Premiership winning players -_-

De Jong-Toure(Barry-Milner backup)
Silva-Aguero-Nasri(Balotelli-Tevez-Johnson)
Dzeko(Balotelli, Tevez, Aguero can all move in here)

That's ideally what he probably wants to cut it down too I assume. Obviously a few others can move about and slot into other positions too.

What a twist that would be if we nabbed Nasri while Sneijder ends up at Shitty.

We would need to closely monitor wr8-utd though.

What admission is this? Are you saying that Nasri has come out in public and said that he would rather join us?

Mancini on Nasri after Bolton game.

“It's a big problem if he plays [against Udinese and is cup-tied in the Champions League]. I don't know if we would still sign him. I hope we can close in the next 48 hours. We have followed Nasri for 40 days."

Asked whether the acquisition of Nasri would signal the end to City’s summer spending, the Italian admitted he hoped not, whilst adding that some players will need to leave the club in order for him to complete his squad.

“I hope not [that Nasri would be the final signing],” he told Sky Sports. “I’m sure we need to sell some players if we want to complete our team.”

Mancini on Nasri after Bolton game.

“It's a big problem if he plays [against Udinese and is cup-tied in the Champions League]. I don't know if we would still sign him. I hope we can close in the next 48 hours. We have followed Nasri for 40 days."

I thought the rules on being cup tied in Europe had been relaxed a little so that a player like Nasri would be allowed to play for a different team in the CL group stages even if he did play for another team in the qualification round.

Anyone suggesting that Nasri will be anything other than a fantastic signing for whoever he signs for is absolutely kidding themselves.

Embarrassing bias.

Anyone suggesting that Nasri will be anything other than a fantastic signing for whoever he signs for is absolutely kidding themselves.

Embarrassing bias.

Agreed. Also, the already have a cracking team, adding Nasri would only make them stronger. Looking at their midfielders right now is bad enough. I dislike the fact that two of their midfielders (Toure and Silva) would easily walk into the United lineup... and so would Nasri.

I thought the rules on being cup tied in Europe had been relaxed a little so that a player like Nasri would be allowed to play for a different team in the CL group stages even if he did play for another team in the qualification round.

I think he could only play for another team if Arsenal are eliminated, so if they go through he is cup tied

I get the impression it's more to do with not letting us have him. They're like Chelsea when they first got the cash, any move we try to make they attempt to hijack (Robben, Essien, Mikel etc).

There's a lot made of that, but it's pretty normal that two wealthy clubs at around the same level in the same League would be looking at the same players, and that the wealthier one would normally come out on top.

There's a lot made of that, but it's pretty normal that two wealthy clubs at around the same level in the same League would be looking at the same players, and that the wealthier one would normally come out on top.

Bit of a coincidence when both wealthy clubs seem intent on signing players that play the same position. Definitely seems to be a more common occurence in the era of the super daddy, with vanity signings that aren't intended to fill any obvious vacancy in the squad.

I get the impression it's more to do with not letting us have him. They're like Chelsea when they first got the cash, any move we try to make they attempt to hijack (Robben, Essien, Mikel etc).

That's exactly what it reminds me of. When Chelsea wer doing it, I could just imagine Kenyon and Abramovich having meetings to determine players to sign, with the key criteria being whether or not we were in for them. Luckily that didn't stop us for too long. Once they'd stocked up with mercenaries it allowed us to bring in the likes of Evra and Vidic. The problem now is that there are two of them, and also Real and Barca to deal with. I can't see us signing any of that top niche of players for a while. Lets hope UEFA put their money where their mouth is and start enforcing the FFP rules properly

Embarrassing bias.

tbh I've tried to convince myself that Nasri would be a meh signing for them and that he works the same areas as the pitch as Silva does already but lining them up in a team is just too depressingly good for words

--------------------Hart------------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Kolarov
------------------De Jong----------------
-----Y.Toure-------------------Nasri-----
Aguero-----------------------------Silva
----------------Tevez/Dzeko-------------

:(

Bit of a coincidence when both wealthy clubs seem intent on signing players that play the same position. Definitely seems to be a more common occurence in the era of the super daddy, with vanity signings that aren't intended to fill any obvious vacancy in the squad.

Well of the examples given, Robben was excellent for Chelsea, extremely useful when fit, Essien has been an extremely useful player for them, a player who they only signed when their Gerrard deal fell through, and Mikel has been an important player for them, and was signed mainly for his potential anyway. The only Chelsea players who might have been signed to stop anyone else from getting them, as far as I can see, were Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell, and I don't think we were ever even rumoured to be after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.