Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll finish top 4 comfortably. I think losing Cesc has probably cost us any chance of the league but that can't be fixed overnight. You can't get world-class players without paying silly money so we'll have to attack it collectively.

You can get 7/4 the Arse win on betfair rather than skin Al.

I'd agree with that - but we can't attack it collectively at the minute because the team needs reinforcements to do that. When even meek Theo is coming out and saying we need to do something, you know the players at the club are getting a bit pissed off. It's frustrating because we have the crux of a high quality squad but we're let down by the absence of a few decent players who would help us when injuries afflict us.

And I always bet on Arsenal to win before the game, without fail. I never make a lot of money out of it by the end of the season, but I do it nonetheless.

As Arsene said: 'They always say 'sign some top-class players', then when I look to sign a player in their position they go very quiet'.

Aye, this level of hormonal crying usually precedes a bollocking for not looking thrilled when she begins telling you yet another story about her mother.
BTW 'Francophile' was cracker in the other thread, pure genius to make a joke out of what so many turds have failed to make funny.

I can't believe Alice was moaning about Denilson being shipped out. We'll be fine tomorrow...Carroll will blunder about and might even get a goal but Kos and Verm are looking fairly solid at the moment.

It'll be a draw or we'll win.

I just wish Nasri would feck off quickly so we can spend the money.

eyebrowsp1.gif

I can't believe Alice was moaning about Denilson being shipped out. We'll be fine tomorrow...Carroll will blunder about and might even get a goal but Kos and Verm are looking fairly solid at the moment.

It'll be a draw or we'll win.

I wasn't moaning about his departure, I was moaning how his gap in the squad wasn't addressed.

MAN CITY'S LATEST ARSENAL TARGET SAMIR NASRI HOPED TO JOIN MANCHESTER UNITED

SAMIR NASRI is joining Manchester City – despite admitting to friends he would prefer rivals United.

City are said to be fourth choice because Nasri hoped Real Madrid or Barcelona would sign him.

Reports in France suggest midfielder Nasri is joining City because they have offered him an eye-watering £175,000 a week – almost treble his Arsenal pay – and are a better bet for a trophy.

Le Parisien said Nasri, 23, bared his soul over dinner in London to close friend and QPR midfielder, Adel Taarabt.

He said he dreamed of joining Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona, but United made no offer.

“With United out of the chase and the Spanish big two not interested, City were all that was left for him,” reports in the paper said.

City denied Nasri was already in Manchester and were still haggling over the deal last night.

MAN CITY'S LATEST ARSENAL TARGET SAMIR NASRI HOPED TO JOIN MANCHESTER UNITED

SAMIR NASRI is joining Manchester City – despite admitting to friends he would prefer rivals United.

City are said to be fourth choice because Nasri hoped Real Madrid or Barcelona would sign him.

Reports in France suggest midfielder Nasri is joining City because they have offered him an eye-watering £175,000 a week – almost treble his Arsenal pay – and are a better bet for a trophy.

Le Parisien said Nasri, 23, bared his soul over dinner in London to close friend and QPR midfielder, Adel Taarabt.

He said he dreamed of joining Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona, but United made no offer.

“With United out of the chase and the Spanish big two not interested, City were all that was left for him,” reports in the paper said.

City denied Nasri was already in Manchester and were still haggling over the deal last night.

Shame we want Sneijder instead :smirk:

We'll finish top 4 comfortably. I think losing Cesc has probably cost us any chance of the league but that can't be fixed overnight. You can't get world-class players without paying silly money so we'll have to attack it collectively.

I wouldnt be so sure of that, I guess a yard stick will be the match against the scousers. But to say you will finish comfortably is simply bravado considering you are becoming the feeder club for one of the other top 6 clubs!

Another dimension to the story....

Samir Nasri won't be the only one raising a toast once his proposed lucrative transfer to Manchester City is completed in the next few days. The five-year deal is reportedly worth $288,320 per week, and one of the key figures behind the move has been his agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, who can justifiably call himself France's most powerful agent, even if he prefers the term "advisor."

If you think you recognize the name, it's because you probably do. Bernes was the right-hand man to Marseille president Bernard Tapie during France's biggest football scandal. The pair were found guilty of attempting to fix a Ligue 1 match against Valenciennes in May 1993, in the week before Marseille beat AC Milan in the Champions League final.

At trial, and in a subsequent interview with France Football magazine, Bernes admitted that Marseille had spent "more than [$829,800] on corruption money." Bernes served a brief spell in jail and, like Tapie, was banned from French football for two years. UEFA banned Marseille from defending its Champions League crown, while the French league stripped the club of its title and relegated it to the second division.

At the time, Marseille's biggest domestic challenge came from Monaco, then managed by Arsene Wenger. The current Arsenal boss has gone on record as saying that Tapie's methods prevented Monaco from winning at least two more French titles during that period. It is no coincidence, either, that the Valenciennes coach back in 1993 was Boro Primorac, who has worked as Wenger's assistant ever since. The two men, who were sitting together in the stands as Wenger served a touchline ban at last week's European tie against Udinese, were vocal critics of Tapie and Bernes at the time. Primorac even testified in court against them.

It's an open secret in France that Bernes has enjoyed seeing Wenger squirm through this tough period at Arsenal: One week after his captain, Cesc Fabregas, moved to Barcelona, Wenger now has to deal with the departure of his potential successor.

"Imagine the worst situation, that we lose Fabregas and Nasri; you cannot convince people that you are ambitious after that," Wenger said at a press conference last month.

For Bernes, though, Nasri's move cements his position as the prime operator in the French game. After his conviction and jail sentence, Bernes suffered from depression and it was only in the late 1990s that he returned to football, helping Zinedine Zidane's agent, Alain Miglaccio, transfer Florian Maurice from Paris Saint-Germain to Marseille.

"I have suffered a lot, but have survived prison, depression and my name being butchered in public," he told Le Figaro earlier this year. "Now I am just happy to be part of French football again."

For some people, his influence is too great. Among his clients are France coach Laurent Blanc, as well as the man expected to replace him, current Marseille boss Didier Deschamps; two other Ligue 1 coaches, Jean Fernandez and Christophe Galtier; and France internationals including Franck Ribery, Alou Diarra, Adil Rami and Nasri.

"He has too much power," the agent of one Marseille player told Chrono Foot.

Karim Aklil, another agent, added: "When Laurent Blanc picks Rami [for France], people wonder. Does Deschamps listen to him in matters of recruitment?"

Bernes shrugs off the comments: "It's just jealousy," he told Capital magazine.

Nasri has spoken in the past about how he wants to evaluate his career in trophies rather than money, and Bernes claims to have the same philosophy.

"I don't talk about money when it comes to career choices," he told Le Figaro. "I manage my players to provide them with maximum advantages for career success. There are important choices to make. At 24 or 25 [Nasri is 24], you know nothing about life and you don't have the experience or hindsight to say it's better to go here or there. They need someone reliable to advise them."

In this case, Bernes has managed to kill three birds with one stone: He has helped Nasri land more money, a better chance at trophies (even though it comes with fewer guarantees about his place in the starting team) and has gone some way to avenging an 18-year-old grudge with Wenger in the process.

Jean-Pierre Bernes is key figure behind Samir Nasri transfer - Ben Lyttleton - SI.com

That mighty 1% chance wasn't much to lose.

Good article, Grinner. Interesting stuff. Even though I'm not an Arsenal fan, Wenger frustrates me a lot (I feel he's unwilling to take advice...from anyone) but it's easy to feel some empathy with him in regard to the Marseille cheating business.

I don't see how anybody can think Wenger is nothing but good for the game. I'm glad he has priniciples that he sticks to.

I don't see how anybody can think Wenger is nothing but good for the game. I'm glad he has priniciples that he sticks to.

I think his 'project' is fundamentally flawed but...he's Arséne Wenger, while I'm some twit on the Caf; so what do I know?

Starting today.

Bad idea IMO if his transfer is imminent. Better to give chances to lads who want to remain at club. I also think he'll just go through the motions to avoid injury. Saying that I don't know him as well as Wenger.

Bad idea IMO if his transfer is imminent. Better to give chances to lads who want to remain at club. I also think he'll just go through the motions to avoid injury. Saying that I don't know him as well as Wenger.

I think that under normal circumstances you're post above is absolutely spot on.

However with the injury crisis that Arsenal are experiencing right now Wenger has no choice but to play him.

Utter madness if we didn't even bid for him. Such a great player.

French TV Canal PLUS reporting that the move has fallen down.

He's looked decent so far. Still hasn't been forced to go in for a 50/50 challenge to see if he really fancies it but he looks a class apart from the others.

Call it wishful thinking but I think he wants to sign for us rather than go to City and is possibly prepared to see out one final year at Arsenal

He's looked very good today

French TV Canal PLUS reporting that the move has fallen down.

Yeah, I watched the match from that channel and according to their "source", Nasri will more than likely stay at Arsenal.
He couldn't find an agreement in terms of wages with City :rolleyes:, how greedy was he then ?

Call it wishful thinking but I think he wants to sign for us rather than go to City and is possibly prepared to see out one final year at Arsenal

He's looked very good today

If that's the case than fair fecks to the lad.

If the talks have broken down then I wouldn't mind betting it is over the amount of bench warming time.

Apparently there's some conflict over Agent fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.