Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loss of the Wenger-effect always seems to take about 30% effectiveness from a player (even Cole for a couple of years).

He's as talented as anyone though. Normally class shows in the end. Not the same as Adebayor for example who was never going to be more effective for another team.

The loss of the Wenger-effect always seems to take about 30% effectiveness from a player (even Cole for a couple of years).

You give Wenger too much credit. Arsenal do provide a good setup for players like Nasri though. Not sure it will be as good at city.

Adebayor had it in him to be the new Drogba. We put 25lbs on him and turned him into first a target player and then a goalscorer. He's thrown the whole lot away.

Maybe. I was never convinced, though I agree he threw it away. He should not have moved.

I think Hughes did not sign the right people when he took over. I mean even he has unlimited funds and he focused everything on premier league players. He could have got so much talent outside for maybe cheaper prices three years ago and not lost his job.

What's more of a joke is that all this money would be better off going to Sheikh Mansour's countrymen, instead he just pisses his country's money up the wall. Despicable really.

UK GDP per capita: $35,000
UAE GDP per capita: $50,000

You'd think that Wenger had a little book with entries by past players who regretted leaving that he could show to current players who think the grass is greener.

In the UAE it tends to be the Emirati who are given well-paid govt jobs whilst the migrant classes are dirt poor so that doesn't really show much.

In the UAE it tends to be the Emirati who are given well-paid govt jobs whilst the migrant classes are dirt poor so that doesn't really show much.

GDP per capita covers all people in the Country.

With regard to migrant workers, the salaries they earn are far in excess of what they'd get in India (hence they go to the UAE) and they are happy to have them on the whole.

I'm not entirely clear on where they'll play Nasri, or what system they have in mind. I don't see him regularly displacing Silva or Toure which probably means he won't play in the middle of the field so I guess he'll play left side and Johnson/Balotelli on the right?

I think Hughes did not sign the right people when he took over. I mean even he has unlimited funds and he focused everything on premier league players. He could have got so much talent outside for maybe cheaper prices three years ago and not lost his job.
Well overseas talent probably didn't want to sign for Hughes. Interestingly, Dalglish seems to be on the same tip.

I'm not entirely clear on where they'll play Nasri, or what system they have in mind. I don't see him regularly displacing Silva or Toure which probably means he won't play in the middle of the field so I guess he'll play left side and Johnson/Balotelli on the right?

For 200 grand a week he'll be the fecking ballboy if they want. I'd get my money on them for the cups now seeing as they'll have a full team of internationals in each round!

I'd imagine he would take the opportunity to play Nasri and Silva wide of Aguero and play a very unimaginative midfield behind them.

I'd guess he's been sold the story that he can play through the middle in a 4231. He's never actually been much cop at that for Arsenal when it's been tried.

I think city will keep two midfielders behind Nasri and Silva.

Man City were a much weaker side three years ago that flirted with relegation and had no international name recognition.

Fast forward three years, a team challenging for the English title, in the Champions League, known across the World, coached by a successful manager.

If they are going to retain Tevez and play him, then it might be difficult. Otherwise,

Aguero/Dzeko

Nasri/Balotelli/Kolarov-----------Silva----------Johnson/Milner/SWP

Toure-------------------De Jong/Barry​

And if I have to pick the strongest team out of that lot, then:

Aguero

Nasri----------------Silva--------------Johnson

Toure--------------De Jong​

He's also well versed in justifying the spending of dirty, blood money on football.

As in money from one of the wealthiest economies on the planet, that was for all intents and purpose tribal within living memory?

What people in the UAE decide to spend their money on is up to them, as it is here.

There's always the anti-Wenger effect that players like Fabregas will finally get off his back. 6 years at Arsenal and won feck all, 10 mins at Barca and he's won silverware.

Fabregas won a proper trophy at Arsenal when he was just 16. It's not a great idea to be baiting us about not winning trophies when you've not won the league since 1990. But then you are the mighty Dumpstar.

Is Tevez staying put at City?

If so, could he play the target man with Nasri-Aguero-Johnson flanking him and a couple of henchman thugs anchoring the midfield?

Mancini may not be able to field more than three attacking players against any decent opponent with that atrocious back four. Except when drawing/losing late in the match.

From someone on RI:

Not taken long for the Express to copy the story.

"SAMIR NASRI is joining Manchester City – despite admitting to friends he would prefer rivals United.

City are said to be fourth choice because Nasri hoped Real Madrid or Barcelona would sign him.

Reports in France suggest midfielder Nasri is joining City because they have offered him an eye-watering £175,000 a week – almost treble his Arsenal pay – and are a better bet for a trophy.

Le Parisien said Nasri, 23, bared his soul over dinner in London to close friend and QPR midfielder, Adel Taarabt.

He said he dreamed of joining Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona, but United made no offer.

“With United out of the chase and the Spanish big two not interested, City were all that was left for him,” reports in the paper said.

City denied Nasri was already in Manchester and were still haggling over the deal last night.
"

Arsenal didn't win the league in 2005, they won the FA Cup. Cesc does not have a premier league winners medal.

Edit: But you were right, he was 18 when he got his first trophy, not 16.

Arsenal didn't win the league in 2005, they won the FA Cup. Cesc does not have a premier league winners medal.

Edit: But you were right, he was 18 when he got his first trophy, not 16.
You're right.

But I'm pretty sure Pete has told us time and again lately that the FA Cup is a nothing trophy?

GDP per capita covers all people in the Country.

With regard to migrant workers, the salaries they earn are far in excess of what they'd get in India (hence they go to the UAE) and they are happy to have them on the whole.

Absolute bullshit. They go to the UAE in search of jobs and proceed to have their passports confiscated, paid like shit and treated like Slaves. There is no benefit for these people to go there, except for the promise of a better life. A life they don't get.

I refuse to believe we didn't make an offer.

I think we probably tried to talk to Arsenal, maybe a bit to early, when they were still in talks about a contract for Nasri and was turned away. City have waited till it was 100% certain that he wasnt signing a new contract and got in there.

Absolute bullshit. They go to the UAE in search of jobs and proceed to have their passports confiscated, paid like shit and treated like Slaves. There is no benefit for these people to go there, except for the promise of a better life. A life they don't get.

There's a bit of truth in TBGB's statement though. If they are treated like slaves and have their passports confiscated, they won't be calling their relatives to make more money, will they? Maybe in-laws, but still.

There is monetary benefit, there's no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.