Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Sir Alex is almost certainly going to call Nasri a 'french cnut' sounds totally feasible.

Agreed on that, but the essence of the story could be true.

Nasri's agent may have tried to use city interest to increase the deal and so the club decided not to play ball and fecked him off.

I doubt it involved anything further than discussions between Gill and the agent which were likely conducted appropriately.

If it is true, then good on the club for taking such a stance.

Why the feck was a medical planned in june when Arsenal were refusing to sell and no bid had been made :/

If an ITK tells you a deal had been done, you bet yo' ass a bid had been made and a fee agreed.

Nasri's head was turned by City when he was offered silly money in January, but it's good tale. Wenger will be laying on an extra special curse for the greedy little cnut.

I doubt anyone is denying that but I still can't work out how they can afford/justify paying above the market value for a player with one season left on his contract plus more than double his wages.

City don't have a choice any more, which means clubs like United, Real, Barcelona, Chelsea etc are going to suffer from such an exponentially inflated market.

Every team that is dealing with City know that money is a non-issue. "What's an extra 5-10 mill to these guys?" And that goes for the player wages at City as much as transfer fees. What happens when Nani sees that he is making as much as City's fifth string winger?

Its a vicious circle.

I think it's a deliberate policy by City to inflate wages - it puts every other club under pressure.

I certainly haven't seen anything quite like this in my years as a supporter.

Basically, we all agree that City are bad for football. Nice.

City are terrible for football; they are not great news for the top teams but they will cope as they did with a big spending Chelsea but for teams like Everton, villa etc they could well prove to be disastrous as the wages demanded by even average players will be pushed up yet again. the younger city fans will love it not sure some of their older more traditional fans like what they have become.

So he is going for £25m on his last year of contract? Why are City so desperate to sign him? To prevent us from signing him? They don't even need him. I am happy for Arsenal for getting £25m out of them but they are the ones who are is desperate need for reinforcements.

not sure some of their older more traditional fans like what they have become.

They love it

Would love to see what Citys weekly wage bill is considering they still have the likes of SWP, Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge all hanging around. Those 5 are probably on like 500k alone between them. Hysterical if you ask me.

What's more of a joke is that all this money would be better off going to Sheikh Mansour's countrymen, instead he just pisses his country's money up the wall. Despicable really.

Sir Alex is famously a Francophile. There's no way he said that to Nasri.

If we can't make those sorts of jokes about Wenger on here then surely we shouldn't be making them about Fergie?

Hey, it's not my fault that SAF is an admirer of the late Spanish general, mate.

KM's post...

City was it his priority?
NO. Last Thursday, Nasri had dinner with his friend Adel Taarabt, the Moroccan playmaker Queens Park Rangers. Around a good meal, he confessed that he was particularly Manchester City was not his first choice. Nasri dreamed of FC Barcelona , Real Madrid or Manchester United. He had also his preference but the Red Devils have not begun discussions with Arsenal about it, let alone made any offer. MU not in the race, the two big Spanish clubs not interested either, there were only City. With a proposal for a weekly salary of € 200,000 gross, it was difficult to refuse, he émargement to € 70 000 at Arsenal. Manchester City also offers a greater guarantee of trophy. This is a club that goes up, which is ambitious ... like Nasri.

If this is anywhere near the truth, and Nasri really preferred to play for one of those three clubs, he clearly took the money over professional ambition/desire. He could have played out his contract and those three clubs would have paid him 100k per week or more and a hefty signing bonus as there would have been no transfer fee involved.

I can't really blame a player for taking double what any other club would offer but spare me the other bullshit and just be honest - it's the money on offer.

So that's over 500m spent on transfers in 2-3 years of ownership. That is disgusting. The average player must be on 100k per week at City. With something like 30 first team players that's easily 100-150m per year in wages. Insane. So much for rules to ensure financial fair play.

KM's post...

NO. Last Thursday, Nasri had dinner with his friend Adel Taarabt, the Moroccan playmaker Queens Park Rangers. Around a good meal, he confessed that he was particularly Manchester City was not his first choice. Nasri dreamed of FC Barcelona , Real Madrid or Manchester United. He had also his preference but the Red Devils have not begun discussions with Arsenal about it, let alone made any offer. MU not in the race, the two big Spanish clubs not interested either, there were only City. With a proposal for a weekly salary of € 200,000 gross, it was difficult to refuse, he émargement to € 70 000 at Arsenal. Manchester City also offers a greater guarantee of trophy. This is a club that goes up, which is ambitious ... like Nasri.

If this is anywhere near the truth, and Nasri really preferred to play for one of those three clubs, he clearly took the money over professional ambition/desire. He could have played out his contract and those three clubs would have paid him 100k per week or more and a hefty signing bonus as there would have been no transfer fee involved.

I can't really blame a player for taking double what any other club would offer but spare me the other bullshit and just be honest - it's the money on offer.

So that's over 500m spent on transfers in 2-3 years of ownership. That is disgusting. The average player must be on 100k per week at City. With something like 30 first team players that's easily 100-150m per year in wages. Insane. So much for rules to ensure financial fair play.

i don't understand this part at all, I'm pretty certain that we made some queries about Nasri. IMO the cnut is just looking for excuses for his money-driven transfer to Manchester Circus

Another class player to City. There squad of bastards is now extremely strong... Better than ours I would say - but we have SAF

Nasri's fecked - no one has ever left Arsenal under Wenger and not gone backwards (except Cole). Some of them very fast.

Fabregas will be the exception because he's an exceptional player. Henry was a pale shadow of the player he was for us.

700 grand a week just to pay Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bridge and Roque Santa Cruz.

fecking mental!

Another class player to City. There squad of bastards is now extremely strong... Better than ours I would say - but we have SAF

No fecking way. Our group of defenders is vastly superior to theirs. Our wingers are a lot better than theirs and our strikeforce is comparable except we have Rooney. They don't have a player of Nani's calibre, who I think is our best player.

Nasri's fecked - no one has ever left Arsenal under Wenger and not gone backwards (except Cole). Some of them very fast.

Hm. Most others have left when you were in a better place competitively.I think Nasri might be alright. I hope you're right though.

Henry wasn't as effective a player but he won more. In the end it's the winning that matters, which is why I'm going to include Viera.

KM's post...

So he clearly chose to take the money at City over three clubs who have shown no interest in him? :wenger:

Of course it is a monetary thing, he wanted £XXXm and Arsenal only offered him £XXm, on top of that, who do you think is more likely to win trophies in the next 2 or 3 years? City or Arsenal?

Laughing at City is great fun, we're a bigger and better club by a huge distance, but it's bordering on ignorant now to say that they can offer a player only riches.

I mean we only really saw a good half a season from him. There were some cracking performances but he's got a lot of pressure on him now and he's competing with several other Billy big-bollocks. It remains to be seen whether he has it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.