Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many assumptions in your posts. We really don't know the reality on the ground. Arsenal have been in football business for over a century and I would think they know what they're doing.

Yeah they do know what they're doing, they've been doing it for years, they are all about the money.
I'm not making any assumptions, they can't help themselves, when they see the £ sign their eyes light up.
They win a double and sell Overmars and Petit, takes them two years to start competing again.
They let Vieira and Henry go cos they were "too old" and the "money was good".
How many trophies have they won since Vieira and Henry left? diddly squat.

Players don't stay there long enough, its almost as if they don't like keeping players for so long, you'd think seeing us do it for years and so successfully they'd change their policy but no, once a player turns 30 he's out to door to ANYONE. Spurs, city, Chelsea, they don't care as long as they get the money.

And why is it players ALWAYS want to leave the club? Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri, Flamini? for a club that size with that fanbase it's a bit poor that they seem to piss off most of their players.
The Fabregas deal is completely understandable, it was their Ronaldo/Madrid.
But something is wrong at that club, surely everyone can see that.

£££££££££££££££

Why do you think it's purely down to money Pete? It's not like he's going to a side that is worse than Arsenal with less chance of winning any trophies.

He's more chance of winning things at City and he'll get paid a shit load more to boot.

Well he could have signed a contract with us last summer when we were more likely to win trophies than City, or he could have signed a contract with you this summer when you're more likely to win trophies that City. But he's signed for City and no doubt we'll get the bullshit about the 'best football project' and 'the fans drove me out by dissing me'.

Well he could have signed a contract with us last summer when we were more likely to win trophies than City, or he could have signed a contract with you this summer when you're more likely to win trophies that City. But he's signed for City ann no doubt we'll get the bullshit about the 'best football project' and 'the fans drove me out by dissing me'.

If he runs with that line then he's an even bigger cnut than he's coming across already.

Yeah they do know what they're doing, they've been doing it for years, they are all about the money.
I'm not making any assumptions, they can't help themselves, when they see the £ sign their eyes light up.
They win a double and sell Overmars and Petit, takes them two years to start competing again.

Players don't stay there long enough, its almost as if they don't like keeping players for so long, you'd think seeing us do it for years and so successfully they'd change their policy but no, once a player turns 30 he's out to door to ANYONE. Spurs, city, Chelsea, they don't care as long as they get the money.

And why is it players ALWAYS want to leave the club? Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri, Flamini? for a club that size with that fanbase it's a bit poor that they seem to piss off most of their players.

Don't be a knob...the only thing 'wrong' with the club is that unlike most of our rivals we have a sound financial model and don't rely on dirty money or sugar daddies.

Come on, that Facepuke page was fake.

Samir Nasri was very quick to point out that he did not use Facebook to slag off Arsenal on Tuesday. He prefers to do that on Twitter.

Anyway, whoever created the apparently false page in which 'Nasri' claimed he would "certainly be leaving soon" and would do so "with bitterness and anger" must be laughing his or her bottom off this morning.

For they managed to hoodwink several newspapers, with half of Fleet Street going big with the fake comments. The Daily Mirror used it as their back page lead, as did The Daily Express. The Daily Star and The Daily Mail both feature it prominently on their back pages, and even the usually rather more discerning Independent and The Times ran with it as well.

Actually, we can see why these papers were merked. Rather curiously, the Arsenal press office reputedly confirmed that the quotes were legitimate and the Facebook page belonged to Nasri, before the game against Udinese.

Oh.

:lol:

That Twitter comments weren't.

mellow.gif

Well he could have signed a contract with us last summer when we were more likely to win trophies than City, or he could have signed a contract with you this summer when you're more likely to win trophies that City. But he's signed for City and no doubt we'll get the bullshit about the 'best football project' and 'the fans drove me out by dissing me'.

You can surely understand his hesitation in signing a new deal last Summer though? All talk of losing your best player and no players brought in.

I see your point about joinging United but we don't really know how likely that ever was in terms of agreeing a fee.

I don't really think the fans give a feck as to whether he said or not. As long as its out in the papers and the fans come to see it, they will always think it was him who said all that.

You have to wonder how much he will even feature for them. Probably will be used as a late sub for Silva most of the time.

I can't for one second believe that he is actually considering leaving Arsenal for City.. He can easily play out his contract this year and go anywhere he chooses next year! It makes no sense IMO.. Unless he is trying to make sure Arsenal get some money from the deal..

Like it or not, cITEH will be in the hunt for the big trophies for years to come. And he'll be getting paid a bucketload of money. So that's why he's going there.

Exactly.

People need to wake up and realise that City now arguably have the most talented squad in the Premier League.

I doubt anyone is denying that but I still can't work out how they can afford/justify paying above the market value for a player with one season left on his contract plus more than double his wages.

s announced last week (see our editions of Thursday, August 11), Samir Nasri, 24, engaged with Manchester City for five seasons. Final details (payment) took several days to settle with Arsenal given the current high density for two clubs (the start of the Premier League, Fabregas left ...), but his transfer, estimated at 26 million €, is now official.
And it already poses many questions.

Did he really leave Arsenal?
YES. Since joining the Gunners in the summer of 2008, Samir Nasri Arsenal has always regarded as a springboard to a big European club. He wanted to make a name on the continental stage and then leave quickly. That's what he did. After three seasons, including six months in the last great, he served on Arsene Wenger - who has never managed to convince him to stay - its like elsewhere. He refused to sign a contract extension, which allowed him to be free next June. Arsenal can not afford to let him go free, therefore had no choice but to sell it this summer.

City was it his priority?
NO. Last Thursday, Nasri had dinner with his friend Adel Taarabt, the Moroccan playmaker Queens Park Rangers. Around a good meal, he confessed that he was particularly Manchester City was not his first choice. Nasri dreamed of FC Barcelona , Real Madrid or Manchester United. He had also his preference but the Red Devils have not begun discussions with Arsenal about it, let alone made any offer. MU not in the race, the two big Spanish clubs not interested either, there were only City. With a proposal for a weekly salary of € 200,000 gross, it was difficult to refuse, he émargement to € 70 000 at Arsenal. Manchester City also offers a greater guarantee of trophy. This is a club that goes up, which is ambitious ... like Nasri.

Is he a risk to ten months of the Euro?
YES. Nasri will integrate on Sunday at Bolton in the league, a group that already knows very well and just crushed Swansea in the opening game of the season (4-0). The midfielder will therefore have to earn his place. There will inevitably be faced with more competition than if he had stayed at Arsenal, where he was guaranteed a starting spot. It will also be very good in every game. However, if Mancini is investing as much about him is that he wants to make a key. City lack of creativity that only Spain's David Silva brings, and Nasri is considered by the Italian technician as the missing piece of the puzzle that will allow Citizens to win the championship this season.

Google Translate

Is there any truth to these rumours about Nasri and City?

People talking like its a done deal but I haven't seen anything from anywhere reputable?

Exactly.

People need to wake up and realise that City now arguably have the most talented squad in the Premier League.

i got laugh at when i said that last Monday. Bar their defence (with the exception of Komapny) they have the strongest squad in the league. Like it or not. They will finish in the top two this season. Hopefuly 2nd.

Anyway, this is from a piece in Le Parisien this morning. Interesting, if true.

City was it his priority? NO. Last Thursday, Nasri had dinner with his friend Adel Taarabt The Moroccan playmaker Queens Park Rangers. Around a good meal, he confessed that he was particularly Manchester City was not his first choice. Nasri dreamed of FC Barcelona , Real Madrid or Manchester United. He had also his preference but the Red Devils have not begun discussions with Arsenal about it, let alone made ​​any offer. MU not in the race, the two big Spanish clubs not interested either, there were only City. With a proposal for a weekly salary of € 200,000 gross, it was difficult to refuse, he émargement to € 70 000 at Arsenal. Manchester City also offers a greater guarantee of trophy. This is a club that goes up, which is ambitious as Nasri ....

Nasri prend un nouveau départ - Football - 18/08/2011 - leParisien.fr

Arsenal's teams have been built mostly around foreign talent since Wenger took over, and having a strict wage structure in place it's understandable the more successful players will leave when offered better contracts. United have been very fortunate having mostly local talent during SAF's reign, and the lure of Spain or Italy has not been that important.

Would love it if they sold him to a club outside of the PL. Unfortunately that's not very likely if the rumored fee is correct.

So City will end up with yet another star player who doesn't really want to be there. If I were a City fan, I'd be pretty depressed about this; supporters like to think that their teams' players actually give a damn about their clubs.

So City will end up with yet another star player who doesn't really want to be there. If I were a City fan, I'd be pretty depressed about this; supporters like to think that their teams' players actually give a damn about their clubs.

Imagine wondering in the dessert for days hoping to find water. You'd drink anything you'd find, even if it was tainted. :p

We should throw hat in the ring now

Why its been a done deal for weeks now and United Cant/wont anywhere near match his financial terms

It'll be facinating this whole FFP when it comes about. Even with City bogus 400m Eithad Deal they must still be way over budget. They also now have a large build up of players in the back ground earning huge wages (possibly wont even make the 25vman squad) that they wont be able to sell without paying them off.

Going back to Nari, It'll be intresting to see how much he plays. I cant see Silva and Nasri fitting in the same team with 2 up top under Mancini. So if they start I reckon it'll be a lone striker ( leaving about 6 strikers out ) or will Nasri and Silva will be rotated in a system with 2 strikers.

Imagine winning nothing for so many years and now suddenly being the richest club in the world and competing for Trophies.

I am sure they will be unhappy.

Word on twitter is that a bid has been accepted.. The assumption is that Personal terms were already agreed so expect a Medical soon..

feck I so hope this is bullshit.. Or hope we go in with a last minute bid or he has a last minute change of heart..

Word on twitter is that a bid has been accepted.. The assumption is that Personal terms were already agreed so expect a Medical soon..

feck I so hope this is bullshit.. Or hope we go in with a last minute bid or he has a last minute change of heart..

I can't see us going in with a last minute bid. Out of the ones we were linked with, Nasri would have been my preference but it seems he's City bound.

Wasn't it said we had a bid turned down? Or was that just speculation? Anyway, there's a reason why I don't see us going for him now and that reason is Sneijder.

From someone on RI:

Heard this from a mate:

My old fella is working in Accrington at the minute and he works with Mike Phelan’s brother. My dad reckons he is very coy when on about all things united but yesterday was telling him about him and his son going to scholes testimonial as a guest of phelan.

After the game they met with Fergie in his office and Phelan’s brother was asking him about Nasri or Sneijder. Fergie said to Phelan – did you not tell him about Nasri, to which Phelan said no boss. Fergie proceeded to tell him that a deal was done in the middle of June and a medical was planned. On the day of the medical, Nasri’s agent rang to say that city had come in, he still wanted to sign for united but his head had been turned and he wanted to talk to them. Fergie asked Nasri to contact him and proceeded to rip into him – saying (allegedly) “you had an agreement with Manchester United Football Club and you are now going back on that, you will never disrespect this club and will never kick a ball for this club. We win the trophies, they pay the wages – enjoy the wages you French c**t”

Not sure how much I believe but good tale, would love it to be true

Yes, Sir Alex is almost certainly going to call Nasri a 'french cnut' sounds totally feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.