Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdxj.jpg

Arsenal are so skint they can't produce new kits in the club shop.

"We have thirty dozen Nasri kits in stock, what do we do with them?"

"Hmm. Who got his squad number?"

"Gervinho, the lad with the massive head."

"Get a sharpie."

apparently his medical is done now according to the usual ABU's i have on facebook, anyone can confirm that?

Definitely moving up in the world with the signings they've made this summer. Still wonder how the hell they'll manage to abide the FFP rules with the salaries they are offering unless FFP is just a joke.

If Mancini lets them play with a lot more freedom, they will pose a threat to any team out there, not just us but, even the likes of Barca and Real.

David Ornstein
I'm told Nasri to City now very close - deal could be agreed late today or early Thurs - but no medical Wed

But yet still quite a lot of press are at Bridgewater Hospital, so could very well be today!

I don't understand how AW could have said that thing about 'people (rightly) not considering Arsenal a big club if they sold Cesc & Nasri' if he knew they were leaving soon after. What on earth was he thinking?

I don't understand how AW could have said that thing about 'people (rightly) not considering Arsenal a big club if they sold Cesc & Nasri' if he knew they were leaving soon after. What on earth was he thinking?
He was just doing a bit of sabre-rattling while trying to play a hand of poker with seven high.

Apparently the fee is 29Mil Euros. Arsenal have got themselves a great deal here.

So Nasri with one year left is worth almost the same as Cesc with four years left?

Apparently the fee is 29Mil Euros. Arsenal have got themselves a great deal here.

Definitely has the makings of another Adebayor deal. I liked him a lot but he's infinitely more replaceable than Cesc.

He'll end up at sp*rs in two years or so.

Their squad will look awfully thin though. Wenger really has to hurry up and get some deals done, they are light on numbers, let alone quality.

The problem is that City don't care. They're deliberately inflating wages in my view to kill everybody else. We're now heading towards £100K/week salaries for good PL players. That means a wage bill rocketing towards £250M/pa for a 25-man squad.

It'd be great if their 'sponsorship' deal was struck down. Not going to happen though, no matter how iffy it looks.

The problem is that City don't care. They're deliberately inflating wages in my view to kill everybody else. We're now heading towards £100K/week salaries for good PL players. That means a wage bill rocketing towards £250M/pa for a 25-man squad.

Won't the FFP rules prevent this from happening though? Most clubs will simply refuse to pay those sorts of wages, hence why City are struggling to get fringe players off their books.

City are looking a fighting prospect with the addition of Aguero and imminent one of Nasri. Hope they fall away early on and struggle to recover.

How can City justify this price?

29m is a hell of a lot even if Nasri has several years left on his contract. They're paying a premium price and having to give a huge pay rise.

I still think they lack a top quality defence to be able to sustain a league challenge. Kompany is the only quality player in there IMO.

As Pletch says, they set up in a defensive way with players who protect the defense well so that makes up a fair bit for the lack of individual quality of the defenders. And physically they're a beast of a team which also helps.

Having said that, hopefully the lack of individual quality in defense does shine through because what's in front of it is, at least in terms of ability, fantastic.

For the evening crowd - Nasri's wage at Man City will be £200,000 per week + £5m net signing on fee

Jesus no wonder we pulled out of the deal. That figure is by a respected Gooner blog btw.

Poor stuff from Arsenal, sums up that they really only care about making a profit.
Why would you allow him to join a top 4 rival, with Adebayor, Clichy and Toure fair enough they were on the decline but Nasri isn't.
Could they have not touted him out to some European clubs, I'm sure PSG would have easily matched city's offer.
Very very poor stuff from Arsenal allowing this to happen. I genuinely thought they wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him to ourselves, Chelsea or city.

Poor stuff from Arsenal, sums up that they really only care about making a profit.
Why would you allow him to join a top 4 rival, with Adebayor, Clichy and Toure fair enough they were on the decline but Nasri isn't.
Could they have not touted him out to some European clubs, I'm sure PSG would have easily matched city's offer.
Very very poor stuff from Arsenal allowing this to happen. I genuinely thought they wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him to ourselves, Chelsea or city.

Don't be a twat...how can we compete with 200 grand a week and we can't dictate who he chooses to play for.

I don't understand how City can afford this. They made £128million loss last year and have spent big again since. Their wages were 108% of turnover last year (Or there abouts) and will only have increased after signing Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri etc

Dodgy sponsorship or not, they still shouldn't be able to afford this and comply with FFP, surely?

It could be that Nasri wanted to stay in England only and tbf to them, getting more than 25m Pounds for an unhappy player in his last year of contract is a great deal. I don't think the Arse fans have too many problems with Nasri leaving, their problem is that money won't be probably re-invested.

It could be that Nasri wanted to stay in England only and tbf to them, getting more than 25m Pounds for an unhappy player in his last year of contract is a great deal.

See, that's just it, just thinking about the money that's it. That's the problem, all Arsenal care about is money, they'd sell anyone to anyone for the right price and that is not how a top team should operate.

And Nasri wouldn't turn down a move back to France with PSG. I was actually expecting them to make a move.

Jesus no wonder we pulled out of the deal. That figure is by a respected Gooner blog btw.

They are completely mad. Having said that, he'll strengthen them. Their midfield is great on paper. Toure, Silva and Nasri... a defensive tank (who is good attacking as well) and two very good playmakers. Not forgetting Aguero who had a fantastic debut (against Swansea but still a great game). They'll be making a push for the title, this will be a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.