Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez is an overpaid, overrated little turd.

Overpaid? Absolutely. Overrated? Not really, especially considering he's better than anyone in your squad, some of whom are viewed as world-class and purveyors of "the beautiful game" despite winning feck all in their careers(messrs Wilshere, Van Persie, Walcott, and co). At least Tevez can back up his plaudits with consistent performances, trophies, and the sort of winning mentality no member of your team can buy, steal, or borrow.

We matched the transfer fee, but they offered more in wages. Point is though that we didn't "reject" him like Pete said or how many like to think we did.

I don't know about that

We matched the asking price as per the terms of our contract, there is some serious doubt about whether that price was the same for other teams

£47 million: the bill for Carlos Tevez to cross the Manchester divide | Manchester City - Times Online

But who knows, because as you'd expect that was denied

I don't know about that

We matched the asking price as per the terms of our contract, there is some serious doubt about whether that price was the same for other teams

£47 million: the bill for Carlos Tevez to cross the Manchester divide | Manchester City - Times Online

But who knows, because as you'd expect that was denied

Well, our own official site stated that we'd matched the asking price for his services and offered him "one of the most lucrative contracts in the history of the club". That £47m figure is probably about the right sort of cost the whole deal was to City when taking into account his fee and salary, and it would have cost us not too much less if he chose to stay I'd imagine.

You could have exercised the buy clause 6 months earlier but you weren't bothered.

Only occasionally Tevez looked the player he has for City. He looked a shadow of Ronaldo and Rooney. Even Berbatov looked better.

The potential to be the player he is for City was always evident, though.

Only occasionally Tevez looked the player he has for City. He looked a shadow of Ronaldo and Rooney. Even Berbatov looked better.

Last season, Chicharito scored more goals than Tevez did in either of his seasons here...in fewer games.

You could have exercised the buy clause 6 months earlier but you weren't bothered.

We exercised it when push came to shove though, too little too late maybe, but we certainly didn't usher him out the door despite your claims to the contrary.

Anyroad, he'd sleepwalk into your side and improve it tenfold, if you can't admit that then there is something even more wrong with you than we thought.

He hasn't been that great for City, putting in Darren Bent-class performances. He still lacks pace, technique and finishing for someone touted as 'world class'.

As if, Arsenal would pay Tevez' wages.

If they were willing to, they'd just have offered that to Nasri and kept him instead.

Agreed. His partnership with rooney never really took off. Not to mention his constant whinings in the press....my feeling is that they are engineered by kia

True, even in his first season for us everybody bangs on about he did have quite a few stinkers that made Sir Alex drop him at times and yank him off early.

The thing though was he was made to do alot of donkey work for Ronaldo, and wasn't really utilised properly at times, focusing on attacking the final third.

He hasn't been that great for City, putting in Darren Bent-class performances. He still lacks pace, technique and finishing for someone touted as 'world class'.

You serious? Bent is a penalty box striker almost exclusively, albeit a very good one. Tevez can finish as clinically and can/has offered more to his side than Bent could ever dream of. The goals he knocked in against Chelsea, Wolves, Stoke, and WBA after beating defender after defender is something Bent couldn't do if his life depended on it, his non-stop workrate is unmatched in the PL let alone by Bent, he's led the City line at a world-class level for two full seasons despite many including myself doubting his suitability to the lone role up top due to his stature and untypical style of play when it comes to that role, he can drop off and link the lines, he can hold the ball up with his low centre of gravity and strength, he can beat a man, and he's a leader. The man is a quality footballer who'd improve every team in the world with the possible exception of Barcelona, you don't get to that stage by putting in "Darren Bent class" performances. The only thing he lacks from your little list is pace, his finishing is class(PL top scorer last season, 2nd only to Ronaldo in our 07-08 campaign), and his technique is superb.

Way off the mark. He's been brilliant for City, it's widely recognised and rightly so.

The only thing correct there is pace.

but he's always looked faster for City than at United, some of his solo goals further convey this.

He's also faster than RVP imo.

The man is a quality footballer who'd improve every team in the world with the possible exception of Barcelona
He's along way down the list of top strikers behind Rooney, RvP, Eto'o, Villa, Torres, Higuan, Drogba and even Aguero.

He's along way down the list of top strikers behind Rooney, RvP, Eto'o, Villa, Torres, Higuan, Drogba and even Aguero.

He's better than Higuain and certainly has more to his game.

Aguero and him are on the same level. Kun needs to prove he's better.

I'll not even comment on Torres right now, as things stand I'm better than him.

Tevez vs Eto/Villa/Drogba presents a more realistic debate.

Nah, he's single-handedly dragged a much better team to win games in a way Bent never could, there's a gulf of class between the two, obviously. Still feel there's a bit more to come from Tevez in a more fluid and attacking-based team, while still being one of the key players, but we'll likely never get the chance. Not good enough to be as important as he likes to be at one of the absolute best clubs in the world, and that's his downfall. He has to be at the heart of things, he's got that mentality. He's not at the level of the very best but he's a considerably better player than you thought he was in his time at United, that's for sure.

Would be interested to see how he'd do at Inter - one of the genuine top clubs at the moment, challenging for titles, and absolutely good enough to be key for them.

Tevez is a brilliant player. I was pinching myself when United got him.

He was the sort of transfer target like Ozil or Sneijder whom you hope will come but rarely ever do.

Unfortunately Argentinians seem to have mercenary qualities for anything other than their fierce devotion to country. And Rooney was always going to be preferred in Tevez's favored role.

Tevez is a brilliant player. I was pinching myself when United got him.

He was the sort of transfer target like Ozil or Sneijder whom you hope will come but rarely ever do.

Unfortunately Argentinians seem to have mercenary qualities for anything other than their fierce devotion to country. And Rooney was always going to be preferred in Tevez's favored role.

He was playing for WestHam man and we had no real competition on him.

His latest tweet

I heard what the fans were singing about me on saturday and it is really disrespectful because i'm still a arsenal player

This'll be fun to see.

Nasri's only 1/2 to leave Arsenal this summer with William Hill, thought that was surprisingly short.

Have at it Cafites.

Samir-Nasri.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.