Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
City signing Nasri is the first signing that really improves them IMO. Clichy is no better than Kolarov, Savic is inexperienced and unproven, Aguero is no improvement on Tevez. But if they use him correctly City have one hell of a player in Nasri, different to what they currently have.

agreed!

We should chuck 30m at arsenal and see if it sticks. No other players of the same pedigree available and worst case is they say no. Or city pay more. Get in there.

Arsenal won't sell to us but will to City who will be looking at getting the better of Arsenal over the course of the season.

Why?

City signing Nasri is the first signing that really improves them IMO. Clichy is no better than Kolarov, Savic is inexperienced and unproven, Aguero is no improvement on Tevez. But if they use him correctly City have one hell of a player in Nasri, different to what they currently have.

Yeh so basically Nasri > Milner.

Savic could be a very good signing for them, give him a year to get used to the league and I think he will make a really good pairing with Kompany.

We should chuck 30m at arsenal and see if it sticks. No other players of the same pedigree available and worst case is they say no. Or city pay more. Get in there.

I'm guessing that's a satirical post, but anyway I don't see why we'd want City to pay more to Arsenal. City have unlimited money. Arsenal don't. I'd rather City got him free if he's going there.

As things stand, he probably has a better chance winning things with City than Arsenal.

No "probably" about it. City have won stuff and will win more in coming seasons. Arsenal and Liverpool are the second and third biggest clubs in England and yet City have won more than them in the last few years and are signing big players whilst they lose them.

Its silly to say he's going there just for the money. City have some decent players now, more than they ever have.

According to Guardian

United were the first club to bid for Nasri this summer but Arsenal made it clear they would not entertain the idea of doing business with the champions. Arsenal's position has been different with City and a deal in the region of £23m is close to being finalised. The player has agreed personal terms, with reports in France stating it will be a five-year contract with a weekly salary of £160,000.

Strange position taken by Arsenal there. If they're willing to sell to City, then why not to us?

According to Guardian

Strange position taken by Arsenal there. If they're willing to sell to City, then why not to us?

perhaps a thought to pissing off the fans. Selling to United who is considered a rival (althought not lately) would anger the fans where selling to City is seen as Nasri being greedy/City buying up all the best players?

just a thought really

According to Guardian

I'm not sure Arsenal are in a position to dictate where Nasri goes. Just paper talk saying Arsenal were not prepared to do business with United. It's most likely Nasri chose City.

Those ungrateful arse, we have given them Silvestre and yet they refused to return our favour in Nasri.

We should have tried a bit harder to sign him.

We wouldn't have matched City's offer because financially it wouldn't make sense anyway. Someone like Nasri couldn't earn double what Nani or Hernandez earn at United.

United need players who want to play for us. Nasri, if the papers are to be believed, doesn't meet that criteria. He wants to go to City. We can all speculate as to why but ultimately its irrelevant. His heart isn't set on United and as such who cares that he's not coming?

I don't understand some fans. Last season, for instance, even as Chico was banging them in people were still talking about Benzema. Why? Why pine for players who don't want to play for your club?

The United way is about more than pretty football its about pulling together in the face of adversity and fighting for victory. You gotta be willing to fight for your teammates and to believe in our club and if you don't want to really be there I can't see how that would be possible.

Lets stick to buying hungry players like Hernandez, Young and Jones who actually want to be at our club instead of worrying about players who do not. If the papers are correct Nasri's made his choice. Good luck to him. If he thinks City are a better choice than United then not signing him was the best outcome for all involved.

United need players who want to play for us. Nasri, if the papers are to be believed, doesn't meet that criteria. He wants to go to City. We can all speculate as to why but ultimately its irrelevant. His heart isn't set on United and as such who cares that he's not coming?

It's less his desire to play for City than being a money grabbing cnut imo.

It's less his desire to play for City than being a money grabbing cnut imo.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to earn more money and it happens in every single profession.

According to Guardian

I could only think it would be due to the amount of money they'd bid, compared to United.

Nasri would have been great for United, a real shame if he would move to City. As others pointed out, he could really be the player to bring them up one level. Plus, leaves you wondering what will be with Arsenal in case Cesc leaves too. Depth in squad wasnt really their strength last season and this would make it much worse

Wenger press conference in a sec. He'll no doubt announce Nasri to City, they're idiots. City are their closest rivals right now in terms of league places.

Wenger press conference in a sec. He'll no doubt announce Nasri to City, they're idiots. City are their closest rivals right now in terms of league places.

From a strategic point of view, it would have been wiser to sell to United (if we were interested), as Arsenal will be closer to City than United

Wenger reckons we'll finish ahead of City and Chelsea without Nasri. The aim of the game is to win the league so you don't strengthen the favourites.

Arsenal won't sell to us but will to City who will be looking at getting the better of Arsenal over the course of the season.

Why?

It's a bit wierd.

They stand more chance of dislodging City for a top four place. Or maybe they think long term it will be us they will be battling with?

Wenger reckons we'll finish ahead of City and Chelsea without Nasri. The aim of the game is to win the league so you don't strengthen the favourites.

its highly possible arse could finish outside the top 4, city are also your rival too....

selling both nasri and fabregas will deifinately weaken your squad....

It's a bit wierd.

They stand more chance of dislodging City for a top four place. Or maybe they think long term it will be us they will be battling with?

That was my point. They will be closer to City than to United, esp. when they weaken their team and make City's stronger.

As for the long run, it will be even harder for them imo

He and Fabregas have been left out of the squad for WBA, according to SSN. He's off to City so.

Nasri played for France during the week, so I presume not. Think Cesc might be but I'm not sure.

I think I read that Cesc was injured a while back, but you never know. As for Nasri, he's pretty much off then. Shame really

Wenger reckons some fanciful ideas - the optimism is almost touching

I wonder if Wilshire's crippling injury will keep him from playing at the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.