Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all of Nasris time at Arsenal, City have won more trophies.

We need to stop with this small time everyone who goes there is just money grabbing whore blah blah broken record shit. It's the case for a few players yes, but to tar every player with it just because they chose City is pathetic.

City have/are buying success. Yes.
However, they are in the Champions League, they won a trophy last season, they have a squad of great players now, this is not the same City that signed Robinho where we actually had to question why players would go there. They now have something that appeals to players besides money.

Players are allowed to choose different clubs to go to rather than Manchester United and it's a bit pathetic to slam everyone who chooses City just because they didn't choose us and say it's for money reasons. Maybe a few years ago, but not anymore. It's money plus trophies plus champions league just like it is when any player signs for any other club. That's what a player looks for, that's why a player moves to a different club. Yes they just walked right in and bought it, deal with it, they are here now.

I am not surprised players would choose City over Arsenal as much as it pains me to say it.

Good post.

The only reason he would surely have to choose Arsenal over City is because they are historically a better club with a much better tradition. If he wants to win more trophies, and he wants to earn more money, then City is the place to choose between the two. He's not going to win much at Arsenal. It's not as if his cabinets are trophy laden as it is.

When it's a straight choice between United's history, tradition and class or City's money, then the player's choice tells a lot about them. Aspirational or money grabbing whore?
It's actually a blessing in disguise....

Tells you a lot about a players character

If you have ambition and drive to win how can you prefer Mancini and the city circus over Fergie and our belief to win

just read a quote from Lauren Blanc saying that l'arse are desperately looking for a foreign club to take Nasri because they don't want him to go to a rival. Nasri is definately going, according to Blanc because he told him he has no intention of extending his arse contract. Looks like he's heaading for the council house. Despite his bold talk, Wenger is powerless.

Maintaining that Arsenal will surprise this season, even with Fabregas and Nasri fecking off.

I can't see Arsenal shipping out one of their best players and replacing him with a 19 year old...............

I can't see Arsenal shipping out one of their best players and replacing him with a 19 year old...............

Surely that would be the most likely scenario. This is Wenger.

So he's off to city? I thought he put ambition above money? I'm shocked.

Are you? The whole thing that kicked the saga off was Nasri wanting a significant pay rise at Arsenal. As soon as he realised he couldn't get it, he was out to get as much as he could.

Are you? The whole thing that kicked the saga off was Nasri wanting a significant pay rise at Arsenal. As soon as he realised he couldn't get it, he was out to get as much as he could.

I think Nickolarse was being facetious and ting.

City signing Nasri is the first signing that really improves them IMO. Clichy is no better than Kolarov, Savic is inexperienced and unproven, Aguero is no improvement on Tevez. But if they use him correctly City have one hell of a player in Nasri, different to what they currently have.

As things stand, he probably has a better chance winning things with City than Arsenal.

Not that money wasn't important in his decision.

Quite possibly, but I was referring to Uniteds interest, assuming it was real. The only reason anyone would go to City over United is money.

I think Nickolarse was being facetious and ting.

Indeed.

In the long run, City are yes. Not in the short run - i.e. next year or two.

But Arsenal will still remain a bigger and better club than City for years, whatever trophies they win or don't win.

That may be the case but what do players want in a career if not to win trophies?

At the end of their careers players count what pots and pans they've won - not whether they playerd for a club with more history.

Its a good job Roy Keane didn't take that view when he United swiped him fron under the nose of Liverpool.

That may be the case but what do players want in a career if not to win trophies?

At the end of their careers players count what pots and pans they've won - not whether they playerd for a club with more history.

Its a good job Roy Keane didn't take that view when he United swiped him fron under the nose of Liverpool.

When did we swipe Keane from Liverpool?

I recall United swiping him from Blackburn and there's no doubt who has more history and tradition between those two.

wow... the Arse will really struggle to hold down a CL place if they do indeed lose both Nasri and Cesc in the same transfer window.

wow... the Arse will really struggle to hold down a CL place if they do indeed lose both Nasri and Cesc in the same transfer window.

I don't think so, like we have SAF that to an extent more or less guarantees a top 4 finish. Arsenal have Wenger and IMO the same applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.