Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Sneijder and Nasri can't be off to City....can they? :nervous:

I really can't get over my dislike of Sneijder as a player so I hope there's a shock here somewhere.

They could but then what would Manchini do with all his holding players. There's no way you could fit Nasri, Sneijder, Augeuro, Silva, Balotelli, De Jong, Toure, Johnson, Dzeko into a team without seval peopl being unhappy. Plus Tevez hasn't elf yet. It would madness.

If they did sign Sneijder I would be disappointing but demonstrate that perhaps we had a luck escape no getting him if that's his choice. On the Other hand we could then get Nasri, which would be a great signing, so not unduly worried.

I think we can cope with a prima donna in our squad, add another to City's and at some point they'll implode.

They could but then what would Manchini do with all his holding players. There's no way you could fit Nasri, Sneijder, Augeuro, Silva, Balotelli, De Jong, Toure, Johnson, Dzeko into a team without seval peopl being unhappy. Plus Tevez hasn't elf yet. It would madness.

If they did sign Sneijder I would be disappointing but demonstrate that perhaps we had a luck escape no getting him if that's his choice. On the Other hand we could then get Nasri, which would be a great signing, so not unduly worried.

I think we can cope with a prima donna in our squad, add another to City's and at some point they'll implode.

Sneijder is as much of a prima donna as Tevez can ever become an elf. ;) The Dutch man is a world class player, who works hard for the team and had already accepted salary cuts in the past. Making out the most out of what is considered a short career doesn't not make you a prima donna.

10:28 Update: Some news coming out of France regarding Samir Nasri's future and L'Equipe claims the Arsenal midfielder has agreed personal terms with Manchester City on a contract worth £185,000 a week.

Sky Sports

Some big players are gonig to miss out on big games for City. They'll rip each other apart from the inside...

Money grabbing little cnut.

Going to City just show everyone the lack of motivation to be a legend. The problem with a lot of footballers these days are the money aspect of the game. I am not sure if they understand the amount of money they earn. You can play for a really great team, become a legend and still earn shit loads of money. Why the hell join Shitty?

No surprise. The only question was whether he'll stay at Arsenal or go to City.

Some big players are gonig to miss out on big games for City. They'll rip each other apart from the inside...

I know it's too early to go off just yesterdays game but I would say that if they go into the season with Balotelli and Dzeko as their main strikers then they are not going to win the league. I think Auguero, Nasri and Silva are all players who prefer to play off the front man, not wide, which is also where Mancini has been playing Toure. Quite what his plan is, who knows.

Personally I wouldn't have either Balotelli or Dzeko in my starting line up.

Arsenal open the door for Samir Nasri's £25m move to Manchester City

David Hytner, guardian.co.uk

Samir Nasri stands to get his move to Manchester City this summer as Arsenal's resolve to hold him to the terms of his contract has softened. Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, said at the beginning of Arsenal's tour of east Asia four weeks ago he was so determined to keep Nasri this season that he would rather lose him at the end of his deal next summer as a Bosman free agent and, in the process, write off upwards of £20m in lost fees.

Yet there is now an acceptance at the club that if and when City formalise their interest in the midfielder with a sizeable offer, in the region of £25m, they would be wise to accept, particularly as the player wants the transfer.

Nasri, who has stalled on signing the new contract on offer at Arsenal, which is worth £90,000 a week, knows that he could take home as much as double that at City. Arsenal's hand is being forced further by the reality that Nasri is extremely unlikely to agree to fresh terms at the club.

The City manager, Roberto Mancini, spoke after Sunday's Community Shield defeat to Manchester United of the need to "complete" his squad. "We have the targets we had at the start of pre-season," he said, as he ruled out the possibility of the Internazionale midfielder Wesley Sneijder being one of them. Mancini is on record as stating his admiration for Nasri, which has irritated Wenger. Arsenal, who signed the winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton on Monday, are now braced for a bid.

Nasri has told team-mates that he is relaxed about whether he stays or goes this summer but his conviction to leave has hardened in recent days and the situation has fuelled the feeling of unease behind the scenes at the London club.

Some of the squad have been demoralised by the Cesc Fábregas saga. The club captain is more intent than ever to return to Barcelona yet he remains at the club and with the armband, as the European champions have so far failed to approach Arsenal's £40m valuation. They are poised to improve on their original £27m offer and Fábregas is also prepared to help by waiving a £4m payoff in his contract. Fábregas has not featured in pre-season and he has hardly trained, which Wenger has attributed to a hamstring injury.

Nasri, meanwhile, did not travel to Lisbon at the weekend for the 2-1 friendly loss to Benfica because of what Wenger described as a "muscular problem" but, to general angst at Arsenal, he has joined up with the France squad in Montpellier, ahead of the friendly against Chile on Wednesday. Nasri trained and will start.

The disquiet in the Arsenal dressing room has not been helped by Wenger's relative lack of activity on the transfer market, although it is proving difficult for many managers to force various issues. As Wenger has admitted, Arsenal need a central defender with Premier League experience but he has been frustrated so far in his pursuit of Everton's Phil Jagielka and Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill.

Wenger completed the signing of the 17-year-old Oxlade-Chamberlain for a fee that could rise to £12m subject to add-ons but with the clamour for established stars who could fire a title challenge, the timing of the deal feels unfortunate. That is not Oxlade-Chamberlain's fault and the player who can also be used as a second striker in the same mould as Theo Walcott, who made the same move from Southampton to Arsenal in 2006, is relishing the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League. He underwent his medical on Monday.

When Wenger outlined his hardline stance over Nasri in Malaysia, he also said Arsenal could not be considered a "big club" if they sold both Nasri and Fábregas this summer. "Because a big club holds on to its big players and gives a message to all the other big clubs that they cannot come in and take them away from you."

But Wenger's preparations for the Premier League season opener at Newcastle United on Saturday have been thrown into turmoil by the prospect of him losing his two best midfielders.

Arsenal open the door for Samir Nasri's £25m move to Manchester City | Football | The Guardian

He knew they could afford to pay him a lot and he just took them to town by asking them to double his current wages.

They still need a quality winger IMO.

They still need a quality winger IMO.

I kinda feel they play narrow and don't use as much width as we do. They have Balotelli, Johnson, Milner. They could use Silva, Kolarov and now Nasri there if they wanted to.

I kinda feel they play narrow and don't use as much width as we do. They have Balotelli, Johnson, Milner. They could use Silva, Kolarov and now Nasri there if they wanted to.

Not a quality winger amongst those listed. They have plenty than can play there but IMO they're crying out for a quality winger.

They don't play with classic winger, in fact they don't play with much width at all which is a part of their problem along with negativity. They don't have full backs good enough to make up for it as Clichy and Kolarov are decent at best while Zabaleta isn't any better (not to mention Micah Richards who isn't even that).

Once they get a new manager you can bet your arse that they will start buying wingers, top quality wingers.

They don't seem to care about FFP rules if they pull this transfer, which is about as I predicted.

If arsenal get mata to replace him this isn't the worst bit of business I feel

I'm shocked arsenal have been caught out with Nasri - they should have had his replacement lined up when he didn't sign a deal

Isnt he very similar to Silva and plays in the same position?

He is but you can have two players like that in the team at the same time, it's not a big deal. Both of them running the riot behind Aguero could be lethal.

this transfer doesn't make sense at all form LeArse POV

Why? They're reportedly receiving £25m for a player who will be out of contract next Summer. It seems like an excellent deal.

Why? They're reportedly receiving £25m for a player who will be out of contract next Summer. It seems like an excellent deal.

they just got lucky that Ciddy are around and even then, only if they actually pay the reported 25m - they've really handled this one badly. If he wanted to come here there's no way we'd be paying that kind of money.

they just got lucky that Ciddy are around and even then, only if they actually pay the reported 25m - they've really handled this one badly. If he wanted to come here there's no way we'd be paying that kind of money.

This whole paragraph makes no sense.

Plus 25 million should cover the costs of someone like Mata

They really should look to shift arshavin, bendtner and one or two others and do a proper rebuild

They've handled it badly by letting a player get this disenchanted, this close to the end of his contract.

If City do sign him for that kind of money, Arsenal will have got a really lucky break. They'll have to pay a lot more for Mata than they would a few weeks back, mind you, so it;s swings and roundabouts.

They've handled it badly by letting a player get this disenchanted, this close to the end of his contract.

If City do sign him for that kind of money, Arsenal will have got a really lucky break. They'll have to pay a lot more for Mata than they would a few weeks back, mind you, so it;s swings and roundabouts.

Is Mata definitely for sale?
If they feck his signing up they could as well end up with no replacement for Nasri at all, which would be a big blow for them, irrespective of the 25 millions they get from him.

Good signing for City.

Is Mata for sale?
If they feck his signing up they could as well end up with no replacement for Nasri at all, which would be a big blow for them, irrespective of the 25 millions they get from him.

Good signing for City.

I read something about his buy-out clause increasing dramatically a couple of weeks back. And yes, there's no guarantees he's even for sale this late in the transfer window. Valencia would probably want more time to re-invest any money earned.

Just cant understand why you let a contract run to the last year for the important players

I read something about his buy-out clause increasing dramatically a couple of weeks back. And yes, there's no guarantees he's even for sale this late in the transfer window. Valencia would probably want more time to re-invest any money earned.

Agreed.

Although I assume that Wenger knew before that he won't be able to keep hold of Nasri and is looking for a replacement for some time now.

What is it about Arsenal and waiting until the last 2-3 weeks of the transfer window. If I was Wenger I'd have let Nasri go for £20m and Fabregas for £35m 6 weeks ago, they'd have gotten c. £10m less between the sales but would actually have time to find the right replacements at the right price. They also wouldn't be going through pre-season with a squad that might be much different to the team that takes them into the season.

As it is they may both end up leaving and clubs like Valencia will squeeze an extra £5m+ out of them for players like Mata, because they know they are desperate for replacements. Either that or they will replace Nasri with Chamberlain and Fabregas by promoting Ramsey further and will end the season empty-handed... Again.

This I agree with it but when it comes to this transfer window, they will have done well by cashing in so much on him.

Once you've sold your players and got the money for them other clubs know you're desperate to buy and have the money to meet their demands. Arsenal could then end up payng more for players or not be able to find a replacement.

This way the selling clubs don't have as much leverage and Arsenal have a better opportunity to replace a player before he leaves. Plus, if they can't replace him he doesn't leave.

Agreed.

Although I assume that Wenger knew before that he won't be able to keep hold of Nasri and is looking for a replacement for some time now.

Actually I'm pretty sure Wenger was stubborn enough to believe he could persuade Nasri to sign that contract back in first quarter of the year.

Once you've sold your players and got the money for them other clubs know you're desperate to buy and have the money to meet their demands. Arsenal could then end up payng more for players or not be able to find a replacement.

This way the selling clubs don't have as much leverage and Arsenal have a better opportunity to replace a player before he leaves. Plus, if they can't replace him he doesn't leave.

They would be dumb to keep him now though. He wants to leave and letting him go for free next year isnt ideal neither.

They really should have solved that issue earlier.

Actually I'm pretty sure Wenger was stubborn enough to believe he could persuade Nasri to sign that contract back in first quarter of the year.

If that's the case then it's his own fault really. Letting the whole saga go on for so long, knowing the player wants to leave and not looking for a proper replacement until the last 2 or so weeks is just stupid.

To be fair, it is quite likely that City are going to be challenging for trophies

Yeah I'm not sure how people can keep using that excuse anymore. They offer too high of wages but they're going to be competing for trophies now, and will end up winning a few so why wouldn't he go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.