Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Nasri's one year to stay

SAMIR NASRI has told Arsenal he is staying at the club for this season.

And Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas’ future it set to be decided by Monday, with his chances of remaining at the club boosted by Barcelona’s attitude towards his signing.

Nasri, who has been a £20m target for Manchester City this summer and also courted by Manchester United and Chelsea, has accepted Arsenal’s stance that they will not be selling him.

Boss Arsene Wenger said earlier this month Arsenal did not deserve to call themselves a big club if they let star players like Nasri and Fabregas leave.

And the Frenchman has the support of the board, with members accepting midfielder Nasri can leave on a free next summer if he does not sign a new contract.

City tried to entice Nasri with a deal worth £160,000 a week but the France international has agreed to put his future on hold for another year.

Starsport revealed last week that the club were set to up their pay offer from £90,000 a week to £115,000 but Nasri knows he will be in a strong position next summer if he lets his contract run down.

He will command a signing on fee of around £10m plus big wages if he becomes a Bosman free.

The Fabregas saga is due to be concluded by Monday, with Arsenal wanting Barca to improve their £34m offer to much nearer their £40m valuation.

Starsport understands that despite Barca claiming they can wait until the end of next month, the Gunners want it sorted out.

Wenger wants to know whether Fabregas is stay- ing prior to the Gunners’ media day a week tomorrow when squad photographs will be taken and numbers assigned.

Fabregas, 24, is thought to have been less than impressed with Barca’s attitude after they revealed he was only their second target this season, behind Chilean Alexis Sanchez.

“Sanchez was always our No.1 target,” said their negotiator, vice-president Josep Bartomeu. “Fabregas
was always No. 2.”

We have a whole year to convince him, and it's between us and Shitty, I'm quietly confident for him.

I have a feeling Madrid will come in January to try and sign a pre-contract agreement. Does he want to stay in England though?

Madrid have many midfielders, they don't need him, but you never know with Madrid do you. I think he wants to stay in England, but before going to Arsenal he always said that his dream was to play in Spain for Real Madrid etc. (to follow Zidane's path).

If it's a straight battle between us and City, we should sign him and we could afford to offer him a fantastic package that could match City's as there would be no transfer fees involved.

A couple of days ago, a serious french radio (RMC) stated that he agreed to join City in principle for more money. (City offered €6m per year while United offered €4m py)

A couple of days ago, a serious french radio (RMC) stated that he agreed to join City in principle for more money. (City offered €6m per year while United offered €4m py)
I seriously doubt that. £70k/w is about £3.6m/year, which is around €4m. If we really offered him less than what he earns now then we're seriously skint and rightfully deserve to be turned down.

For that reason, I call shenanigans.

I seriously doubt that. £70k/w is about £3.6m/year, which is around €4m. If we really offered him less than what he earns now then we're seriously skint and rightfully deserve to be turned down.

For that reason, I call shenanigans.

Probably means €4m a year after tax, which would be more like £140k per week.

That would mean city are offering him 200k a week which is stupid as he isnt worth that.. unless he signs on a free next season in which case that wage might include his (crazy high) signing on fee

Probably means €4m a year after tax, which would be more like £140k per week.

Yep, i saw that report and they're talking net.

A gooner mate of mine reckons he wants Fabregas' position and will stick around this year if and when Cesc fecks off to Barca.

I think you're all being a bit hard on him saying he is disrespectful for staying this year.

In fact it is a bit bizarre.

He want's to leave, Arsenal won't sell him.

What's he supposed to do? Tie himself to the club with a 5 year contract?

Yeah, I'm not sure what's disrespectful about agreeing to stay when the only way he'd get a move is by kicking up a fuss or going on strike, or something.

For what it's worth (which isn't much), Nasri doesn't start for Arsenal against New York.

Arsenal are still average even with Fabregas and Nasri, if they lose one or both they will slip even further. Might even miss out on the Champions League proper.

Arsenal are still average even with Fabregas and Nasri, if they lose one or both they will slip even further. Might even miss out on the Champions League proper.

Average how? They're one of the best teams in the world.

Talkshit.

Edit : Also, Blanc said that he had to make his mind up this summer, otherwise it will affect his performances for France, so the matter will be resolved soon I think.

Talkshit.
Edit : Also, Blanc said that he had to make his mind up this summer, otherwise it will affect his performances for France, so the matter will be resolved soon I think.

Probably based on what Alan Brazil said this morning having spoken to someone close to the club - namely that Nasri and Wenger had a huge bust up on the plane back from their tour.

Although Nasri's absence from Arsenal's final pre-season friendly has been officially explained by a 'muscular injury', a report in The Daily Mirror claims 'The winger was left brooding at home on Friday as the club travelled to Portugal for a weekend friendly against Benfica... after a clash between him and Wenger on the club's flight back from a pre-season tour of Asia last week.'

If there is any truth to the tale then the prospect of Nasri joining Manchester City may have stepped a significant step closer. In any case, his absence, along with that of Cesc Fabregas, already leaves Wenger in the all-too familiar position of being short of players at a critical stage of the season. The only diversion from type on this occasion is that the injuries to Nasri, Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby have all occurred before a single kick of the new season has been made.

Both Sneijder and Nasri can't be off to City....can they? :nervous:

I really can't get over my dislike of Sneijder as a player so I hope there's a shock here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.