Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate. The exact words from the presenter were "Mancini expects to sign Nasri before the end of the month".

Typical bullshit from them.

Tbf Sky have been the biggest nitwits this summer transfer window.. Might aswell change their name to Caughtoffside news

As concerned as I was when they signed Milner & Dzeko.

It would be of far greater concern if they signed Aguero and Nasri. Dzeko had, and still has it all to prove, and Milner was never really that good in the first place.

Two worrying signings, no doubt. Saying that, so were Ballack and Shevchenko.

Yes mate. The exact words from the presenter were "Mancini expects to sign Nasri before the end of the month".

Typical bullshit from them.

Not sure mate. Here is the quote as it appears...

Mancini Comments On Nasri Explain Fergie’s Sneijder Stance?

“Samir is under contract with Arsenal,” Mancini said. “Also for Samir it depends on many things. I don’t know the situation but for Nasri it is difficult. I hope that we can buy because we need other players, and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month.”

Not sure mate. Here is the quote as it appears...

Mancini Comments On Nasri Explain Fergie’s Sneijder Stance?

“Samir is under contract with Arsenal,” Mancini said. “Also for Samir it depends on many things. I don’t know the situation but for Nasri it is difficult. I hope that we can buy because we need other players, and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month.”

Ambiguous statement. When he says "this player" he means "a player." It's a very Italian - and Spanish - use of English.

Ambiguous statement. When he says "this player" he means "a player." It's a very Italian - and Spanish - use of English.

That may well be true in some cases but in this particular instance it doesn't really appear to be that ambiguous mate, he clearly refers to Nasri twice by name in that short dialogue, and the overall context of his statement gives an equally clear indication that he is speaking solely about Nasri .

I would therefore suggest it is much more feasible that he is still referring to Nasri when saying 'this player', than inexplicably changing tack mid sentence from talking very specifically about Nasri, to suddenly talking generally about some other mystery target.

Based upon that quote your interpretation would appear a little hopeful in my view.

Nasri future 'not completely sorted'

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted it is not certain that Samir Nasri will stay at Emirates Stadium.

Manchester giants United and City have been credited with an interest in Nasri, who has entered the final year of his contract.

Wenger has been adamant that he will keep the France international at the club, despite the lure of receiving a fee this summer instead of losing Nasri on a free transfer next year.

However, on Friday, Wenger told the club's official website: "[It is] not completely [sorted that Samir will stay] but I want him to stay. He knows that. Hopefully we can sort that out in the coming weeks."

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas' future is also the subject of conjecture, with Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola this week claming negotations are under way over a deal.

Spain international Fabregas is currently struggling with injury and Wenger has confirmed he will not travel with the squad to Germany as part of their pre-season preparation. He said: "[Fabregas] has not completely recovered from his muscular injury. It is too early for him, he is not ready.

"As long as the situation is not settled, we have to focus on the coming season with the players we have. The players who are uncertain, it is difficult for them to focus on being completely committed."

The French coach also confirmed that goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and striker Nicklas Bendtner are in talks with "a few clubs", while Abou Diaby will miss the start of the season through injury.

Arsene Wenger says it is not certain that Samir Nasri will stay - ESPN Soccernet

:smirk:

Manchester giants United and City have been credited with an interest in Nasri, who has entered the final year of his contract.
Giants, plural?

However, on Friday, Wenger told the club's official website: "[It is] not completely [sorted that Samir will stay] but I want him to stay. He knows that. Hopefully we can sort that out in the coming weeks."

That to me suggests the contract talks have made some progress, or at least haven't broken down.

Almost as if Wenger is thinking if I keep Fabregas I'll flog Nasri (but not to Man Utd).

The Fabregas situation must be a pain in the hole because everyone knows he wants out and to one place only, so it's a case of Barca fronting the cash which they don't look like doing. But you just know if he stays it's going to drag until the last day of the window which doesn't allow Arsenal very much time to make something happen elsewhere if he does leave.

I still think Nasri will move this summer. It seems that he has his heart set on a move considering he still hasn't signed a new contract. I think a lot of clubs will have their eyes on him but will play the waiting game, safe in the knowledge that he won't sign a new deal, which I think will force Arsenal to sell near the end of the window.

The Fabregas situation must be a pain in the hole because everyone knows he wants out and to one place only, so it's a case of Barca fronting the cash which they don't look like doing. But you just know if he stays it's going to drag until the last day of the window which doesn't allow Arsenal very much time to make something happen elsewhere if he does leave.
We've apparently put a deadline of 31 July, sort it by then or he stays.

We've apparently put a deadline of 31 July, sort it by then or he stays.

Can't see it, to be honest, pete. If a bid comes in that's close to what they want a couple of days before the deadline Fabregas will no doubt be outside the boardroom door screaming "Gentleman's agreement!!" It just depends on how much Barca are willing to dick around on this one.

For his part I can see Cesc being a bit concerned that if it doesn't happen this year the chances might be fading. Barca have Thiago who looks a real player so you'd think he'll make his mark sooner or later.

Yeah it'll probably drag on. You can't actually set an artificial deadline for anything it always slides to the last minute (see Greek debt, US debt, life).

If you're Nasri, which Manchester club is more appealing?

Club A: Prestige, tradition, trophies, a nice wage packet, maturing under the greatest manager to grace the game.

Club B: Money... tons of it. And the possibility of trophies to be bought.

I personally think If Fabregas ends up staying, Wenger will sell Nasri. And if he goes, then Wenger will keep Nasri no matter what.

they should impose publically their own window on Barca making any bids - problem solved

Do you think you'd be willing to miss out on £20-25 million for the sake of one season? It's quite likely that he'd join a rival (us) in a years time anyway, plus we could spend the £25 million elsewhere and strengthen further.
There are other options, he could sign a one-year extension, pocket another £2.5M and get a move next summer.

If you just want to make money, then you run down the contract, split the notional £25M fee 50/50 and sign an £8M/pa deal with Man City. £50M+ in the bin (it's beyond ludicrous).

Status
Not open for further replies.