Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be staying at Arsenal though, Ferguson mentioned that aswell, fairly sure that one little sentence is been blown up a lot...

Either he is going to sign a contract extension or he is going to leave on a free next summer. He ain't going to leave this summer.

So Ozil, Villa and now Nasri. We could probably add Sneijder and Modric to the list of player who "agreed terms elsewhere" at the end of the window :(

I beg to differ. He's gonna to sign a contract or leave this summer, no chance he's leaving on a free next summer.

If he motivated by money, which I feel he kinda is, then if he leaves of a free, he will get better offers from a lot of teams instead of now which might be just us and City.

No, I refuse to believe it...

I think Fergie said that so that Nasri will call him up tonight and say he hasn't agreed terms elsewhere and that he only wants to go to us... And then we could push the price down if he doesn't want to go to any other club..

tumblr_lhwmuyDSjR1qzp1zzo1_500.jpg

Either he is going to sign a contract extension or he is going to leave on a free next summer. He ain't going to leave this summer.

No chance they'll let him go for free. There is a very small possibility of him signing a new contract but in all likelihood he's off, the board won't let his contract run out though, with the prospect of a 20m sale instead.

No chance they'll let him go for free. There is a very small possibility of him signing a new contract but in all likelihood he's off, the board won't let his contract run out though, with the prospect of a 20m sale instead.

Its really not up to them anymore. Its up to him and what he wants to do. He might he will sign a contract and then after the window closes he might change his mind and then they are screwed. But at the same time if they offer him 120k per week, then he might stay.

DiscoMirror David McDonnell
Fergie warns Wenger he risks fall-out with the Arsenal board by keeping Nasri and losing him for free next summer #MUFC

If anyone thinks that Fergie is not putting pressure on Wenger even after reading that first quote, they're kidding themselves. Fergie is a known liar in transfer windows.

Its really not up to them anymore. Its up to him and what he wants to do. He might he will sign a contract and then after the window closes he might change his mind and then they are screwed. But at the same time if they offer him 120k per week, then he might stay.

If they offer him a mammoth contract, he'll stay, though the likelihood of them breaking the wage structure is very low. It's still all in the club's hands whether to accept offers or not. The scenario of him agreeing to sign and then backing down is fanciful and would never happen.

The Arsenal board will agree to whatever Wenger wants. Any other manager would cost them far more than the £20m they might lose if Nasri goes for nothing next summer.

cnuts half-cut...

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has not ruled out a sensational double swoop for Wesley Sneijder AND Samir Nasri.
The Reds boss has tracked both men all summer.
And after already lodging a bid of a around £18m for Manchester City target Nasri, he is ready to test Inter Milan’s resolve with a £35m move for Sneijder.
Inter’s board are set to meet on Tuesday when they are expected to give the green light to the sale of the former Real Madrid playmaker.

There is no way we are going to spend around £55m on both. I would be delighted beyond belief if we do sign them. If we do sign both, then we have definitely have moved closer to challenging Barca, not on par with them but close to challenging them.

There is no way we are going to spend around £55m on both. I would be delighted beyond belief if we do sign them. If we do sign both, then we have definitely have moved closer to challenging Barca, not on par with them but close to challenging them.

No it just means we've spunked a whole load of money on two players that we don't actually need. One maybe, but the both of them? :confused:

How the feck are we going to play both of them at the same time though?

The Arsenal board will agree to whatever Wenger wants. Any other manager would cost them far more than the £20m they might lose if Nasri goes for nothing next summer.

After 6 trophyless seasons I'm sure their patience is wearing a little thin. No sane board would sanction a player of that quality to run his contract down when there are offers of 20m for him in the last year of his contract. Keeping him for another year would be an absolutely mental move by both manager and board.

De Gea

Rafael/Fabio---------Vidic---------Rio---------Evra

Carrick-------------Sneidjer/Nasri

Valencia/Nani----------Rooney-------------Young

Hernandez​

In big games if Hernandez or Rooney is out of form or injured, then

De Gea

Rafael-----------Vidic------------Rio-----------Evra

Carrick-------------------Nasri

Valencia/Nani------------Sneidjer-----------------Young

Hernandez/Rooney​

Very unusual announcement from Sir Alex.

By admitting Nasri is not coming to United he is likely to make negotiations for other targets tougher.

By admitting Nasri is not coming to United he is likely to make negotiations for other targets tougher.

Possibly, but it could also send a message to Sneijder that he is our number one target.

Anyhow, I always thought Nasri was our second choice.

Both Sneijder and Nasri would be utterly daft if we were going to buy 2 midfielders.

Players such as Welbeck, Cleverley, Morrison, and Macheda would seriously have to think about their futures. They'd virtually become spectators.

PS: Macheda seems to have fallen from grace over the last season anyway, and needs to get his feet firmly back on ground.

so we miss out on both the little french lesbanism and charley adams in the same week!? :( we're definitely going to go all out for schnider now.

there is a big fear we may not be able to sign any new central midfielders before the start of the season... :(

True in a way. At this point in time, we also do not know how the negotiation has gone for Sneijder. An I.T.K. from R.I. claims S.A.F has indeed contacted Nasri & his agent. It is Wenger who is the stumbling block.

Like my previous comment, the signing up of Sneijder may cause a reaction in Nasri's camp.

Players such as Welbeck, Cleverley, Morrison, and Macheda would seriously have to think about their futures. They'd virtually become spectators.

PS: Macheda seems to have fallen from grace over the last season anyway, and needs to get his feet firmly back on ground.

I don't think Welbeck will, he's the best proposition of the lot, and both a striker and left winger so I'm sure he'll get some game time.

I meant more in terms of the fact that they virtually play in the same position to an extent and it's one or the other in a 2 man midfield, possibly even a 3 man.

We should be looking at a Defour or M'Vila if we're getting 2. Very optimistic though.

I don't think Welbeck will, he's the best proposition of the lot, and both a striker and left winger so I'm sure he'll get some game time.

I meant more in terms of the fact that they virtually play in the same position to an extent and it's one or the other in a 2 man midfield, possibly even a 3 man.

We should be looking at a Defour or M'Vila if we're getting 2. Very optimistic though.

There are rumours Milan want Nani in exchange for Sneijder.

Status
Not open for further replies.