Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiscoMirror David McDonnell
Fergie warns Wenger he risks fall-out with the Arsenal board by keeping Nasri and losing him for free next summer #MUFC

Fergie comments a shrewd tactic designed to apply fresh pressure on Arsenal re Nasri. Looks like a last throw of dice from Fergie #MUFC

HUGE shock. Nobody, and I mean nobody would have thought he was going to sign for City for about 180k a week.

It's pretty hard to believe SAF would talk about Wenger and his holding-onto-Nasri move if Nasri is really going to City, isn't it? :P

SAF's comments were completely bizarre. If he was imminently joining someone else, why would he have gone to the pre-season tour? Why is he commenting on our affairs in that way as well? Weird.

Fergie warns Wenger he risks fall-out with the Arsenal board by keeping Nasri and losing him for free next summer #MUFC

Fergie comments a shrewd tactic designed to apply fresh pressure on Arsenal re Nasri. Looks like a last throw of dice from Fergie #MUFC

Makes sense.

SAF's comments were completely bizarre. If he was imminently joining someone else, why would he have gone to the pre-season tour? Why is he commenting on our affairs in that way as well? Weird.

Have you ever seen a cat play with a feather toy? Stalking and praying it while it's on the move?

Neither have I, but I'm sure there's some resemblance somewhere in my analogy.

Cant work out whether this is fresh mind games from the gaffer or fact.

One thing for sure if Nasri does end up at Shitty, then clearly we were never really in for him. You don't turn down UTD.

A possible scenario could be that Wenger wants to keep Nasri at all cost in order to spite us and the latter accepted to see out his contract and move to city next year...

Modric is staying or going to Chelsea.
Nasri is staying or going to City.
Sneijder is staying.

What the hell will us muppets do now?

Because you're still trying to keep him. Allowing to dick about at home while his team mates soldier on would be admitted defeat and hurting his value as it'd be obvious you knew he was off. And he was obviously alluding to Nasri having done a deal with City, not Arsenal having done a deal.

And he's commenting because he was asked a question, I presume. In the same way Arsene (and every other manager) comments on every other club and their affairs when it suits them.

Very true. Losing £20m+ for the sake of stubborness or principals is ridiculous, especially when it's not really your money.

Bollocks.

City are offering more than he is worth, simple as that. I'd love to see Nasri here and he's worth £100,000 a week by todays standards but £180,000 is just stupid. We could afford £180,000 I'm sure, it's just the rest of the sqaud knocking on Gill's door for a pay rise we caouldn't afford.

Typical Mirror trying to make a story out of nothing. I'm guessing "Nasri set for City" (which is obvious) sells less papers than "Ferguson puts pressure on Wenger to sell Nasri".

Because he's still an Arsenal player at this point and they'd lose bargaining power if they sat him at home and made it obvious they're looking through the bids.

SAF doesnt even say that he's imminently joining another team, he just says he thinks he's agreed to join someone else. Thats the player, not the club and he mentions that theres still the possibility that he has to stay at Arsenal

Because you're still trying to keep him. Allowing to dick about at home while his team mates soldier on would be admitted defeat and hurting his value as it'd be obvious you knew he was off. And he was obviously alluding to Nasri having done a deal with City, not Arsenal having done a deal.

And he's commenting because he was asked a question, I presume. In the same way Arsene (and every other manager) comments on every other club and their affairs when it suits them.

I wasn't criticising him for commenting - he can't just completely blank journalists.

My reading of that interview was that indeed we're still trying to keep him, and that his departure this summer is becoming more and more unlikely. The point is that if we had done some kind of deal with City, he wouldn't have gone. Nasri will not have been allowed to agree personal terms with them unless we'd agreed a fee.

I wasn't criticising him for commenting - he can't just completely blank journalists.

My reading of that interview was that indeed we're still trying to keep him, and that his departure this summer is becoming more and more unlikely. The point is that if we had done some kind of deal with City, he wouldn't have gone. Nasri will not have been allowed to agree personal terms with them unless we'd agreed a fee.

Yes, Fergie would NEVER do that. He's not the type, is he?

It's quite naive to believe that Nasri couldn't have agreed terms with City simply because Arsenal had not agreed a fee yet. I'm aware of the rules of course but I'm also aware that clubs have been shitting on them for years.

Yes, Fergie would NEVER do that. He's not the type, is he?

It's quite naive to believe that Nasri couldn't have agreed terms with City simply because Arsenal had not agreed a fee yet. I'm aware of the rules of course but I'm also aware that clubs have been shitting on them for years.

I suppose your argument could also include that it's hardly likely that Nasri would fail to agree personal terms with them too.

My suspicion is that we've told everyone he's simply not for sale, and that we'll desperately try and tie him down to a new deal. We're currently in a situation in which we don't really know Nasri's motives.

Interesting comments. Shows we were or are in form him or else why would we know his distination. Think it might have been Fergie putting it out their that he wants Nasri.. Basically up to him. Him or Sneijder i'm not really fussed... Either would be a muppet dream and great team to take us to the Champs League final again.

Being allowed to do something and doing it are different things. Most negotiations are a done deal long before the clubs ever agree.

My suspicion is that we've told everyone he's simply not for sale, and that we'll desperately try and tie him down to a new deal. We're currently in a situation in which we don't really know Nasri's motives.

Actually I think I do....

Maybe $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?

He could be plan b or c...

He'd be a good squad player but he detests being a squad player. And we don't need any more bloody squad players.

There. Have I mentioned squad players yet?

If Nasri wants to join City, why not earlier along with Clichy? A full pre-season training is surely a welcome added bonus to a player & the team. See how Manchini claims Sanchez wants to join Citeh but at the same time says Citeh has withdrawn interest.

Intriguing. Fergie's so tough to read. With most other managers, that would be the end of the saga, but you just never know with Fergie. He's a wiley old fox and the way he's phrased that still leaves it open to interpretation. My suspicion could well fall flat on it's face but it's often proved right with Fergie.

I very much doubt Nasri will sign a new deal and it would be pointless to let him go for free in a year's time, so we'll just have to wait and see who he choses.

Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out signing creative midfielder Samir Nasri from Arsenal.

Recent press speculation suggested United were fighting it out with a string of top European clubs, including crosstown rivals Manchester City, for Nasri's signature. But the Reds boss put an end to those stories at his press conference in Boston, an hour after Manchester United landed in the USA on Monday to begin a five-game, three-week pre-season tour.

When questioned about the supposed interest in Nasri, Sir Alex told the waiting media: "I don't think he's coming to United. That's all I can tell you. I think he's agreed to go somewhere else. Maybe he has to stay at Arsenal, also. That's a possibility."

Indeed, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is determined to hold onto the French midfielder and has even said he'd be prepared to let Nasri go next summer on a free transfer rather than sell him during the current window.

"That's a decision [Wenger] has made," Sir Alex said. "If he stands by that decision it's a brave one. I'm not sure the Arsenal directors will enjoy that one, but it's possible."

Manchester United Official Web Site - Sir Alex rules out Samir Nasri arrival

What this tells me is that as previously reported our bid was turned down and we've left it at that and Fergie is assuming he's either staying or going to City

Bollocks.

City are offering more than he is worth, simple as that. I'd love to see Nasri here and he's worth £100,000 a week by todays standards but £180,000 is just stupid. We could afford £180,000 I'm sure, it's just the rest of the sqaud knocking on Gill's door for a pay rise we caouldn't afford.

Typical Mirror trying to make a story out of nothing. I'm guessing "Nasri set for City" (which is obvious) sells less papers than "Ferguson puts pressure on Wenger to sell Nasri".

I disagree.

That assumes the player would prefer City over United because they are offering him more money, despite the player himself stating the contrary.

The pressure he talks of Fergie applying is for Arsenal to accept the bid that is reportedly still on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.