Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where HM is coming from in the sense that I would say Nani had a better season than Nasri. So would Nani now be justified to ask for 110-120k in wages?

Problem is that Arsenal allowed this situation to develop, they should have made him sign a new deal last summer itself. But just like Flamini, they waited too long and may end up losing a player on free again.

I can see where HM is coming from in the sense that I would say Nani had a better season than Nasri. So would Nani now be justified to ask for 110-120k in wages?

Problem is that Arsenal allowed this situation to develop, they should have made him sign a new deal last summer itself. But just like Flamini, they waited too long and may end up losing a player on free again.

If his contract was up for negotiation, that's exactly the kind of wages he'd be looking for. When he does get a new contract at United, you can bet your arse it will involve wages at that sort of level.

I think ultimately Ferguson is leading you on with regards to the Nasri situation. You will start the season with Carrick and Fletcher in midfield.

Please keep the wums out of here, you know very well Ferguson hasn't said a word, let alone led us on.

If his contract was up for negotiation, that's exactly the kind of wages he'd be looking for. When he does get a new contract at United, you can bet your arse it will involve wages at that sort of level.

Yeah I agree. So my post was a bit misplaced. Main point is that we had him tied up to as new deal before he could hold us to ransom like Nasri. I think as a general rule, clubs should offer new deals to players when less than 2 years are remaining on the contract.

Yeah I agree. So my post was a bit misplaced. Main point is that we had him tied up to as new deal before he could hold us to ransom like Nasri. I think as a general rule, clubs should offer new deals to players when less than 2 years are remaining on the contract.

Definitely. Especially young players like Nasri. Really foolish of Arsenal to let this situation develop. It's not like they didn't have a precedent to warn them, when Flamini buggered off on a free.

Flamini was a funny one. He was never in the team in his 1st few seasons and looked like he was going to be released. Then he had a great season which happened to be his last on the contract, Arse suddenly wanted him again and he told them where to stick it

SSN reporting that Wenger has confirmed both Nasri and Cesc are staying at Arsenal.

0957: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is confident Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will remain at the club for the coming season. "Cesc loves the club and hopefully we will manage. I hope [Nasri will say] yes, but I am not the only one to decide," he told Sky Sports News.

It's some positive news at least, we needed some. In half an hour, we'll probably hear that Sky have organised our first ten league games to be played back-to-back, all at the Britannia.

It's some positive news at least, we needed some. In half an hour, we'll probably hear that Sky have organised our first ten league games to be played back-to-back, all at the Britannia.

On a Wednesday night and they're installing sprinklers on the roof to make it 'rain'.

Sounds like Fabregas is definitely off. He spoke about resolving the Barcelona and Fabregas situation completely, which will only happen when he leaves.

He said Nasri will stay, but that him signing a new contract is another thing completely. This would suggest he's trying to give the impression that Nasri will see out the last year of his contract at Arsenal. Whether this is a negotiating tactic or it'll really happen we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds like Fabregas is definitely off. He spoke about resolving the Barcelona and Fabregas situation completely, which will only happen when he leaves.

He said Nasri will stay, but that him signing a new contract is another thing completely. This would suggest he's trying to give the impression that Nasri will see out the last year of his contract at Arsenal. Whether this is a negotiating tactic or it'll really happen we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds to me like he's not 100% sure of either

Well, he was offered one and Gazidis said 'it was a mistake'. But there's not a whole lot you can do if the player has decided to string you along. Nasri's transfer value is probably nearly as much now as it was a year ago in any event.

Christ. If those comments are good news, it's looking bleak.

I hope [Nasri will say] yes, but I am not the only one to decide,"

He's talking about renewing the contract in this part.

He says he'll be seeing out the rest of his contract regardless.

Well, he was offered one and Gazidis said 'it was a mistake'. But there's not a whole lot you can do if the player has decided to string you along. Nasri's transfer value is probably nearly as much now as it was a year ago in any event.
Yeah but it would have been something like 30m at least if he was on a longer deal.

Basically it shows lack of faith in your own players. If you had offered Flaimini a slightly improved deal before his super season, he would have signed it. Similarly if you had offered 80-90k to Nasri last summer, he may have signed it as well. A lot of people slam Cole for moving for money but it was a really a failure of Arsenal to lose one of the best left backs around for something like 5k a week.

the way i see it, United will try to get the deal done over Sneijder first. if Nasri has to see out the last year of his contract, United can sign another up-and-coming midfielder before signing Nasri in the next summer as a replacement for Giggs.

Can't dismiss it out of hand though, eh?

It's a title that doesn't match the quotes though:

""Yes, why not?" said Wenger on Sky Sports News when asked about the prospects of Nasri and Fabregas staying.

"You asked me two different questions. One, will he (Nasri) be at the club next season? I say yes.

"The second part, will he sign a new contract? I hope yes, but I'm not the only one who decides that.

"Cesc loves the club. We know the story from Barcelona goes on for years now, but hopefully we will be able to close that for ourselves to focus on the season, hopefully with Cesc Fabregas."

Could well just be posturing with regard to the transfer fee, come to the negotiating table saying 'Well I've told the fans X, the transfer fee needs to be £5m higher to save face', I won't believe this one's over until he signs a new contract or the transfer window shuts.

Heard his interview on radio this morning and was reading initial reports on Sky that they were staying at the same time.

To say that sky took a different interpretation from the interview than I did is a bit of an understatement.

His uber-positive spin on the two situations isn't even sounding positive any more

Sky are like that div kid that hasn't gotten his head around sarcasm or irony yet.

"Yeah, we're tooooooooooootally keeping both of them. Yeah, that's happening. "

BREAKING NEWS: Word has just reached us that Arsene Wenger has today sensationally ruled out of prospect of losing any of his players before the start of the season. And coming up next....why Owen Hargreaves has turned to unicycling in a bid to rid himself of his injury worries.

SSN's spin seems to me like the set up stages of a story in a few weeks which starts with "despite recent assurances from Arsene Wenger......"

My time allocation on any given working day at the moment:

30 % Nasri thread
20 % Sneijder thread
20 % other Redcafe threads
15 % other internet procrastination
15 % actual work

Is that what they actually said earlier?

Yeah absolutely. I like to think I'm a positive muppet and the reporters were reading out the "breaking news" as if Wenger had confirmed that they would be wearing the Arsenal shirt next season.

I should've realised that "we will hear from Arsene a little later" was their way of dragging out their own version of the story for a few hours to generate more viewers.

All he's done is say "I want to keep Cesc" and "Nasri is here next season, unless someone bids an amount that makes the supporters not hate me for selling him".

if we sign this fecker then i will have a massive wank

wont be the biggest on the planet though but it will still come close

this thread has more views than that wesley bloke, surely thats a sign.

Just realized the two threads have over a million views. :eek:
Niall must love the transfer windows

Status
Not open for further replies.