Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just used the smart sharpen feature on Nasri's face to see whether it uncovered any hidden signs of intent in his eyes, but look at this, I couldn't believe it!

Nasricap.jpg

:lol: The zoom on that camera's unreal!

I think ultimately Ferguson is leading you on with regards to the Nasri situation. You will start the season with Carrick and Fletcher in midfield.

I think ultimately Ferguson is leading you on with regards to the Nasri situation. You will start the season with Carrick and Fletcher in midfield.

That's a pretty awful attempt at getting a reaction considering Fergie hasn't said anything.

Ferguson hasn't said anything about Nasri.

It's the papers and Nasri himself that are "leading us on"

fletcher is missing pre-season with the lads..doubt he'll start in our first league game.

I reckon it's carrick-ando to start our campaign since any massive signing we make will be a deadline day type deal.

fletcher is missing pre-season with the lads..doubt he'll start in our first league game.

I reckon it's carrick-ando to start our campaign since any massive signing we make will be a deadline day type deal.

It's obvious that you need a Modric-type player. Nasri wouldn't make any sense for your side, he did his best work for us off the wing last season and you're already well-stocked in that area. He's not a CM at all. Sneijder would be perfect but are you willing to pay the required amount for his transfer as well as salary? I'm sure once City get the wind of any potential Sneijder transfer, they'll blow everyone away with their disproportionate wage structure.

Whoever we sign given our fixture list we could really do with getting them in before or very soon after the start of the season.

It's okay mate, you're gonna sign Downing and Doyle.

The report you mentioned is 2 days old...not to mention the source

Well...I did looked for this in previous posts and couldnt find it but obvoiusly I didnt look back far enough...and as nothing really as changed in last two days I thought I'd post it. I did think when I pressed the submit button that someone would comment on that. Silly me.

SSN reporting that Wenger has confirmed both Nasri and Cesc are staying at Arsenal.

It's obvious that you need a Modric-type player. Nasri wouldn't make any sense for your side, he did his best work for us off the wing last season and you're already well-stocked in that area. He's not a CM at all. Sneijder would be perfect but are you willing to pay the required amount for his transfer as well as salary? I'm sure once City get the wind of any potential Sneijder transfer, they'll blow everyone away with their disproportionate wage structure.

I may be mistaken, but did Nasri not do his best work for Arsenal down the middle last season, playing in the Fabregas role?

Contacté par les deux clubs de Manchester, United et City, qui ont proposé 22 millions d'euros à Arsenal pour le recruter, Samir Nasri devrait finalement honorer sa dernière année de contrat avec le club londonien.

Having been contacted by two clubs in Manchester, United and City, who offered €22M for his services, it is now expected that Samir Nasri will honour his contract with the London club.

Nasri devrait rester à Arsenal - Foot - Transferts - L'EQUIPE.FR

I may be mistaken, but did Nasri not do his best work for Arsenal down the middle last season, playing in the Fabregas role?

He was a revelation when cutting off the wing or when making runs from out to in. That's when we saw his best period, defenders just couldn't pick him up..and then he reverted back to type. He needs to be much more consistent over a season to justify a new deal (if he signs the new contract).

This could very well end up like Schweinsteiger's situation, where he didn't want to sign in the last year, but they didn't want to sell, and in the end he mellowed down during the season and signed.

Depends, how they'll do I guess. It's definitely a big gamble.

Nah KM, once a player enters the last sixth months of their deal, we can negotiate. Ie in Jan '12...

He can negotiate to a foreign club, but with a domestic club, he has to wait until there is only one month remaining in his contract. That's what happens in FM anyway, so I'm just assuming that it's correct.

Cant see Aresnal holding onto him for the season if he doesnt sign a new deal, no matter what thet are saying in the press.

He was a revelation when cutting off the wing or when making runs from out to in. That's when we saw his best period, defenders just couldn't pick him up..and then he reverted back to type. He needs to be much more consistent over a season to justify a new deal (if he signs the new contract).

You what? On that basis, there's not a player in your squad who would "justify a new deal".

Last season Nasri did more than almost anyone else at Arsenal football club to "justify a new deal". A new deal that's been on the table for months, by all accounts. It just so happens that the player himself doesn't want to accept it.

You what? On that basis, there's not a player in your squad who would "justify a new deal".

Last season Nasri did more than almost anyone else at Arsenal football club to "justify a new deal". A new deal that's been on the table for months, by all accounts. It just so happens that the player himself doesn't want to accept it.

He was excellent for 3 months and then decided to pack it in. If that warrants a 50k increase in salary then Bob's your uncle. I'm still in favour of Wenger carting him off to somewhere in Europe, because he's been nowhere near as good as people have been claiming.

Hence the revisionism.

He was excellent for 3 months and then decided to pack it in. If that warrants a 50k increase in salary then Bob's your uncle. I'm still in favour of Wenger carting him off to somewhere in Europe, because he's been nowhere near as good as people have been claiming.

He was excellent for more than 3 months and the point remains, name another player in your squad who kept up a top level of performance for longer than he did? Van Persie, probably. Maybe Song? (although he had longish dip in form himself)

Looking at the season as a whole, it was a poor one for Arsenal. Which inevitably means your key players won't have been on top form all season long. It's not easy when so many other members of the team are playing like shite. Nonetheless, Nasri is one of only a handful that escapes with any credit. He deserves his new contract and deserves to be one of the best-paid players at the club. Looks like he'll turn it down, though. That's his perogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.