Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him. I would do the same. Plus they have a decent shot at the UEFA Cup and domestic cups anyways.

Drunk-Kermit.jpg

It seems to me that All the press know is that Nasri hasn't signed a new contract, so they're assuming he wants to leave and for the biggest wage. I think they're just making up figures in the chance it's true to claim that they were right if he does leave.....at the very least there are so many contradictory stories that you can't believe anything until your hear something 'official'.

there is so many different stories on nasri from the press you dunno which one to believe anymore....:lol:

Is that dude a reliable source?

Insane money, fecking hell.

Is anyone a reliable source these days?

It seems that 99,99% of what is said is utter shite. I don't believe any of it but I wouldn't blame him for taking that amount of money (even though that would pretty much ruin his "not about money" line... if he even said that ;)).

Good for him. I would do the same. Plus they have a decent shot at the UEFA Cup and domestic cups anyways.

No question about it if true, that's a great deal for Nasri.

In my eyes he's a mercenary. If you can believe the press the reason Nasri wants to move is he wants the best chance to win trophies. Now, City has a good chance to win trophies, (but according to the Caf) United are still superior to City. So in that case the proposed move isn't entirely for footballing reasons.

So on the one hand we have one paper telling us he won't even consider selling until he has a replacement, and on the other we have one telling us he's agreed a contract with City.

I call BS.

If the fee isn't "fixed" then it's unlikely Arsenal have even granted permission for Nasri to talk to anyone - they will be looking to delay everything as much as possible.

But then City are hardly ones for sticking to the rules. They seem to have enough money to throw at any punishment.

Is anyone a reliable source these days?

It seems that 99,99% of what is said is utter shite. I don't believe any of it but I wouldn't blame him for taking that amount of money (even though that would pretty much ruin his "not about money" line... if he even said that ;)).

Sports journalism has become the equivalent of celeb' gossip mongering.

No question about it if true, that's a great deal for Nasri.

In my eyes he's a mercenary. If you can believe the press the reason Nasri wants to move is he wants the best chance to win trophies. Now, City has a good chance to win trophies, (but according to the Caf) United are still superior to City. So in that case the proposed move isn't entirely for footballing reasons.

I think 19 league titles and 3 European Cups lends a bit of credence to the fact that we are just a wee bit superior to City. Aye, we on the caf know a thing or two...;)

Sneijder> Modric> Hamsik > Nasri.

gambit doesn't know what he's talking.

Sneijder> Modric> Hamsik > Nasri.

gambit doesn't know what he's talking.

Yeah like quoting some twitter account as proof we're signing Sneijder makes you the font of all knowledge my jester.

Anyone with an access to that Times article...?

"Samir Nasri has agreed to join Manchester City in a move that will more than double the French international’s weekly wage to £185,000. Arsenal have still to agree a fee but, conscious that 24-year-old Nasri has just a year left on his contract and could go for nothing in 12 months’ time, they are ready to sell for £22.2m.

Any deal will be made against the wishes of Arsène Wenger, underlining the manager’s reduced power at Arsenal since Stan Kroenke’s takeover. Though Wenger yesterday told Arsenal’s website that “we will do everything we can to keep him [Nasri]”, Kroenke authorised initial transfer talks once it became clear that Nasri intended to exploit his value as an imminent free agent.

The deal continues an Arsenal pattern of losing disgruntled players to City. Since the Abu Dhabi group’s 2008 takeover of City, Arsenal have sold Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor and Gael Clichy to the Premier League’s most affluent club. Clichy forced last week’s £7m sale by employing the same strategy as Nasri — running down the final year of his contract.

The purchase of Nasri will also emphasise City’s increased power after last week’s agreement of a 10-year “Partnership Deal” with Etihad Airways. Even though Nasri will earn more than double Arsenal’s best offer, the Frenchman still trails behind Carlos Tevez and Yaya Toure on the City pay scale. The deal follows the refusal of Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez to countenance a move to Eastlands. The Chile international prefers Barcelona, Chelsea or Manchester United."

If that is all that's left, to agree the fee between the clubs, I presume Nasri would just stay in Engerrrland. So we shall see.

Sorry Bryan, but I honestly can't believe Arsene will go for Downing. He'd have gone for him years ago if he was interested. He's just not Arsenal quality at all anyway.

I'm completely stumped as to why anyone would want him tbh, so I'm praying fervently that if he goes anywhere it's to Liverpool.....or City. :D

Sky are just repeating daft newspaper speculation again because they have no transfers to report. It's been a slow window for them and they are struggling a bit, just as we are.

People need to clam down...

Was listening to talksport yesterday afternoon, i know they speak crap, but they had one of the journalists on and he said that Nasri has made it clear to Wenger that he wants to leave them and his preferred destination would be United, also that Shitty have put forward a mind boggling salary which he is also considering!

SSN are just going rumours.

-------
I don't know why people are believing any rumors at the minute (when it comes to Nasri).

By the same token not every transfer story that appears on either SSN or in the papers has no truth in it, as some people appear to believe.

Downing was linked with Arsenal months ago.

People need to clam down...

Was listening to talksport yesterday afternoon, i know they speak crap, but they had one of the journalists on and he said that Nasri has made it clear to Wenger that he wants to leave them and his preferred destination would be United, also that Shitty have put forward a mind boggling salary which he is also considering!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.....basically the journos an idiot hedging his bets. It's just another way of saying, I don't know but lets make it an interesting story by giving each club an advantage over the other....

By the same token not every transfer story that appears on either SSN or in the papers has no truth in it, as some people appear to believe.

Downing was linked with Arsenal months ago.

yes, but how do you separate the truth from the bullshit? SSN understands...they have no sources. They probably got it from a paper or twitter. They have zero credibility unless a story's official

yes, but how do you separate the truth from the bullshit? SSN understands...they have no sources. They probably got it from a paper or twitter. They have zero credibility unless a story's official

If you can't separate the truth from the bullshit then you can't label it bullshit and then say someone else can't label it truth. If you can't separate it then you can't insist it's one over the other. Because to be honest, none of us have a clue. Only what we think.

It's difficult to know what is truth and what is bullshit.

Contrary to popular belief, SSN and newspaper journalists do actually have sources.

Obviously not everything they report is true, but not everything is bullshit either.

If you can't separate the truth from the bullshit then you can't label it bullshit and then say someone else can't label it truth. If you can't separate it then you can't insist it's one over the other. Because to be honest, none of us have a clue. Only what we think.

I didn't label it bs, I said I don't know why they believe it......or maybe I did? Why don't you check for me ;) The fact is people tend to believe everything and that's proven time and time by peoples responses to anything 99% of people say. It's natural but people don't have to react at all.

We're going to get two of Sanchez, Sneijder and Nasri - I just know it. Which two I'm not sure, but it's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.