Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure. Bayern would offer guaranteed CL football every season and they can almost guarantee a steady flow of trophies. They've had a decent contingent of French speakers over the years, and most of German society pretty much speaks perfect English anyway. I think the biggest pull we have at this stage is that he's a Londoner and he doesn't have to move house.
Bayern also have musiala, sane, gnarby. That's some competition for a winger

Bayern also have musiala, sane, gnarby. That's some competition for a winger

Gnabry was out for 210 days last season, missing 28 games. Sané was a bit up and down last season, and Musiala was often played as a 10. That's not even mentioning Comans injury record.

Olise spent years with Musiala at Chelsea as well. Would be quite annoying to see those two playing for Bayern!

More annoying than seeing DeBryune and Salah shine at City and Liverpool respectively? Or would this hurt more as they were in the player farm before?

I agree with the list of players to sign but you don't necessarily need to go in that order. As long as they're in-place before the season starts it's fine. You have to look for opportunities in the market as they come up.

We're getting a CB (Brainthwaite) but it's a waiting game with Everton. I think Yoro is a pipe dream, let's see. Maybe he'll say yes, we seem to be involved in the conversations already. I think for a player like Yoro you pull forward budget from a future window to spend now because he's not going to be available again.

If we wait too long Olise will slip way. I think if we can get Olise + Branthwaite done for 60m each or so we'll still have funds for a playmaker CM that we can spend the whole summer chasing.

After the whole Whitwell article in the other thread, I think the new ownership will make an example out of Sancho. You don't get to act that way towards the United manager and hope to keep playing for the club. So for all the people who think there's depth, it's just Amad / Antony RW.

Would be great to sign him, however feel we have to prioritise signing a ST over that in this window

I'm not so sure. Bayern would offer guaranteed CL football every season and they can almost guarantee a steady flow of trophies. They've had a decent contingent of French speakers over the years, and most of German society pretty much speaks perfect English anyway. I think the biggest pull we have at this stage is that he's a Londoner and he doesn't have to move house.
And his brother plays for Chelsea.

Not bothered about this , we’d be overpaying for him and if he goes to the Chelsea shitshow then more luck to him

Not bothered about this , we’d be overpaying for him and if he goes to the Chelsea shitshow then more luck to him
I would be injuries aside. He is a top player and I feel we would need him more than Chelsea. The only thing you can doubt is his injuries but every time he is fit he is top class. He ended with 10 goals and 6 assists in 19 games but more importantly he causes havoc.

Still the money Palace want is high just based on his injuries alone as our luck he would Mason Mount 2.0

Kid seems like the real deal, the release clause seems to be only for UCL clubs but even if we go a bit higher at around 80m EUR I would still love him here. Try and sell Antony to get some fee to help pay for Olise.

Would be a shame if we allow one of our rivals to get him instead,

Kid seems like the real deal, the release clause seems to be only for UCL clubs but even if we go a bit higher at around 80m EUR I would still love him here. Try and sell Antony to get some fee to help pay for Olise.

Would be a shame if we allow one of our rivals to get him instead,
Chelsea will be paying to fix a mistake. They can't fix it with musiala.

It's nuts they let Salah and Debryune go.

They let musiala and Olisse go, Olisse was on their books till 14.

Chelsea will be paying to fix a mistake. They can't fix it with musiala.

It's nuts they let Salah and Debryune go.

They let musiala and Olisse go, Olisse was on their books till 14.
Chelsea didnt sell or release Musiala, he rejected a contract to move to Bayern. Can't blame the club for him.

Same rulebook as everyone else, we just actually read it in full it seems.

The other clubs even agreed recently it was fine.

Not sure everyone was on board with the hotel sales counting towards FFP, 8 year contracts, bespoke takeovers, etc.

If only the owners were as clever at running the club as they are at reading the rulebook.

Feel like Olise will try and wait to see if we make a move. Isn’t he a United fan?

Not sure everyone was on board with the hotel sales counting towards FFP, 8 year contracts, bespoke takeovers, etc.

If only the owners were as clever at running the club as they are at reading the rulebook.
I don't think they liked it considering that some of the rules were changed (no more accounting 8 year deals as such), but they all seem to agree that this was following the rules, only in a way nobody else thought of.

I don't think they liked it considering that some of the rules were changed (no more accounting 8 year deals as such), but they all seem to agree that this was following the rules, only in a way nobody else thought of.

I know they didn't break any rules with 8 year deals, but the fact it's been closed up for the rest of us now tells you how it was viewed.

As for the hotel sale, you read about most clubs reacting with 'exasperation', and it been described as them exploiting a loophole, so is hardly a good look for them, and is bound to create resentment.

I have nothing be contempt for Chelsea, and I'm just glad that they seem more interested with flexing the rules, and overpaying for players, than they do running the club properly.

Chelsea didnt sell or release Musiala, he rejected a contract to move to Bayern. Can't blame the club for him.
The funny thing is, that he’d probably still play for you, if you had just sold us Hudson-Odoi. Instead you refused about 60 million euros for him and lost Musiala in the process. :lol:
But knowing you guys, you’d have loaned him three times and then sold him to your most direct competition for like 30 millions anyway.

The funny thing is, that he’d probably still play for you, if you had just sold us Hudson-Odoi. Instead you refused about 60 million euros for him and lost Musiala in the process. :lol:

You16 year old Musiala for £180,000 as one for the future. It wasn't CHO for 60 million or him, that's insane.

You16 year old Musiala for £180,000 as one for the future. It wasn't CHO for 60 million or him, that's insane.
It’s a little over dramatised by me. But Rummenigge actually explained that the only reason we’ve got him was that his agent approached us during the CHO-saga and we jumped at the opportunity. And reading between the lines, being pissed at you guys for not selling CHO might actually have been part of it.

It’s a little over dramatised by me. But Rummenigge actually explained that the only reason we’ve got him was that his agent approached us during the CHO-saga and we jumped at the opportunity. And reading between the lines, being pissed at you guys for not selling CHO might actually have been part of it.
To be honest I never believed that Bayern ever offered 60 million for CHO.

He left cause he couldn't see a pathway into the first team. Same as pogba originally leaving us. You'd think with such talents, clubs would find a way to guarantee them minutes in the first team.

But knowing you guys, you’d have loaned him three times and then sold him to your most direct competition for like 30 millions anyway.

For all Chelsea’s success with young players they actually make more of a mess with them.

They have a great academy but are horrendous at managing the transitions to the first team squad and working out who to retain and who to let go.

He left cause he couldn't see a pathway into the first team. Same as pogba originally leaving us. You'd think with such talents, clubs would find a way to guarantee them minutes in the first team.

That’s not really the story with Musiala as far as I know. His family were moving back to Germany and he hadn’t signed his first pro contract yet, so his family moved, and Chelsea could do nothing to stop it. It went to tribunal as cases like this often do and Bayern were told to pay 180k.

Nothing to do with being German, his family wanting to go home and a much bigger club wanting him then?

He left in 2019. We had Abraham, Mount, CHO, James, Tomori, Christensen and RLC all playing significant minutes for us in 2019.

It's way, way harder for a kid to break into the side at Bayern than at Chelsea. Musiala had the confidence that he could do it but he didn't think it would be easier in Munich.

Olise and Mbappe both played for Chelsea's academy. Olise for many years, Mbappe for one game.
Thanks for clearing that up. Clubs cock up at that level all the time. Utd had martinelli on trial, 4 times but didn't offer him a contract. We also had a young Michael Owen play a game for us, but he was always gonna sign with Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.