Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too worried about this one. He's a fine player and would be a good addition, but we have more pressing concerns to address before spending that sort of money on another winger.

If he's smart he'd go to Bayern. Newcastle wouldn't be the worst shout either - an Olise, Gordon, Isak front 3 would be dangerous.

Definitely worried about this one, so bloody annoying we have issues at CB×2, CDM and ST that are a much bigger concern

I find it bizarre chelsea have just spend 1 billion on transfer fees and they're looking like spending another 150 mil at least this window we're supposed to believe this has happened within the rules when you have teams like Villa spending within their means and being forced to sell players.

I also find it hilarious they've spend one billion and still need to buy more players.

They haven't spent 1 billion though. They've committed to that much through various transfers but a lot of it has been amortised with very long contracts until that loophole was closed. It's a practice that will most likely come back to haunt us at some point because that 1 billion pound bill is coming whether we're ready for it or not, but it would be inaccurate to say Chelsea have spent 1 billion on transfers.

That, and the money raised by selling those two would be better spent on centre backs, midfielders, a left back and a backup for Hojlund.

If we get all that business done, and then somehow manage to hoodwink someone into giving us some money for Antony - I'd be all for signing Olise. Unfortunately that's not going to happen and even if it did, he's probably not hanging about that long.

Wonder if we could find someone who has that flexibility to play LCB & LB rather than signing separate players but agree with the rest

Other than being completly useless and over paid, Antony will now cost us important signings.

He has to be th worst signing weve ever made.

They haven't spent 1 billion though. They've committed to that much through various transfers but a lot of it has been amortised with very long contracts until that loophole was closed. It's a practice that will most likely come back to haunt us at some point because that 1 billion pound bill is coming whether we're ready for it or not, but it would be inaccurate to say Chelsea have spent 1 billion on transfers.

I mean you're really dealing in minutia there. It feels like clutching, these clubs haven't sold you these players based on magic beans.

You have spent 1.1 billion on transfers. Just because you haven't physically or electronically transferred the sum total yet matters not.

Just like if we signed a player for 100mil, and the payment was staggered over 3 years. We've still spent 100million.

I would expect this one to drag on for a while, at least until early or mid July. Olise will clearly have a lot of suitors, this is likely the most important move of his career, and there's no incentive for him to rush into a decision as he won't even start training with a new club until mid-July anyway. If his agent is any good, he'll drag out the process, play teams against each other, and make sure he gets the best deal for his client. And there are a number of teams that could step up interest in him depending on outgoings (if Salah leaves Liverpool, if KDB leaves City, United with Sancho/Greenwood, etc).

This hits the nail on the head. Hopefully his agent is a smart cookie and he waits it out for a bit.

Well im hoping Olise stays another year because there are issues with all the top level clubs who can afford him

Chelsea are a circus
You lot need to sort your defence and midfield first
Arsenal and Liverpool: doesn't really slot in to their current starting XI
City: 115
Spurs: n/a, Levy
Villa, Newcastle: have to sell first, plus, FFS, they are Villa and Newcastle
I dont think Real need a RW
dont think the italians can afford him
PSG, Bayern - hes 22 and ambitious.

I mean you're really dealing in minutia there. It feels like clutching, these clubs haven't sold you these players based on magic beans.

You have spent 1.1 billion on transfers. Just because you haven't physically or electronically transferred the sum total yet matters not.

Just like if we signed a player for 100mil, and the payment was staggered over 3 years. We've still spent 100million.

Yes but if I have £1000 and I agree to buy a car for £1000 but the sellers allows me to pay £200 now and then £200 every month over the next 5 months. I haven't spent £1000, as I still have £800 left of the original £1000 to spend on other things. I have committed to £1000 though, so I know I have to pay that eventually, so if I spend the remaining £800 on other things, I better make sure I have other money coming in to cover the future payments otherwise I'm fecked.

You're asking how Chelsea can keep spending money despite spending 1 billion. I'm explaining why I think they can.

This hits the nail on the head. Hopefully his agent is a smart cookie and he waits it out for a bit.
Don't agree there, he can sign a 4 year deal and leave at 26/ 27 for free in his prime. If his head is on his shoulders Chelsea would be the worst place to go with the way they buy and give up on players and fire managers every 5 minutes, it's too inconsistent.

I don't think we have the money this year to do it though - I don't think we will move on half the players we all expect us to due to the players not fetching the fee's required to even cover their remaining asset value on the balance sheet.

Yes but if I have £1000 and I agree to buy a car for £1000 but the sellers allows me to pay £200 now and then £200 every month over the next 5 months. I haven't spent £1000, as I still have £800 left of the original £1000 to spend on other things. I have committed to £1000 though, so I know I have to pay that eventually, so if spend the remaining £800 on other things, I better make sure I have other money coming in to cover the future payments otherwise I'm fecked.

You're asking how Chelsea can keep spending money despite spending 1 billion. I'm explaining why I think they can.

The problem is that each future "Month" you are committed to a large outgoing cost without purchasing forcing you to constantly sell, we cannot do this due to the wages we give to these players and their residual value being in excess of what the market would probably offer them, Chelsea have been more sensible with the wages but the more they don't play these players the lower their stock will drop.

For me, Chelsea's model only works if they move on those that don't work quickly so they only make small losses on them and they are hoping in the short to middle term future they can boost the revenue due to the finance investment in the first team but if that revenue doesn't come (I.e. Champions league in the next 2 years) they could be in real trouble, it's a high risk high reward strategy.

Yes but if I have £1000 and I agree to buy a car for £1000 but the sellers allows me to pay £200 now and then £200 every month over the next 5 months. I haven't spent £1000, as I still have £800 left of the original £1000 to spend on other things. I have committed to £1000 though, so I know I have to pay that eventually, so if I spend the remaining £800 on other things, I better make sure I have other money coming in to cover the future payments otherwise I'm fecked.

Agreed on the principle but also, because you have spent the £1bn last summer over 5 years, which is the new rule. So 200m a year? So in theory this season you are starting of at -£200m because you are already paying off the instalments from previous years.

Don't agree there, he can sign a 4 year deal and leave at 26/ 27 for free in his prime. If his head is on his shoulders Chelsea would be the worst place to go with the way they buy and give up on players and fire managers every 5 minutes, it's too inconsistent.

I don't think we have the money this year to do it though - I don't think we will move on half the players we all expect us to due to the players not fetching the fee's required to even cover their remaining asset value on the balance sheet.

I'm just saying in general not just coming to United. If his agent is smart he'll wait it out and see who else comes in. With the Euros to play - what's the rush?

The problem is that each future "Month" you are committed to a large outgoing cost without purchasing forcing you to constantly sell, we cannot do this due to the wages we give to these players and their residual value being in excess of what the market would probably offer them, Chelsea have been more sensible with the wages but the more they don't play these players the lower their stock will drop.

For me, Chelsea's model only works if they move on those that don't work quickly so they only make small losses on them and they are hoping in the short to middle term future they can boost the revenue due to the finance investment in the first team but if that revenue doesn't come (I.e. Champions league in the next 2 years) they could be in real trouble, it's a high risk high reward strategy.

It's a stupid strategy and one I think will eventually catch up to us but in the short term it has allowed the club the wiggle room to keep spending.

That is all I was trying to explain, but you can already see the issue with this because they've been scrambling around selling off academy players for pure profit and engaging in creative accounting trickery with the hotels to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in, so I'm no way championing this practice.

How are Chelsea affording these transfers? Just seems like they can throw money everywhere in the market.

Don’t understand people saying it’s fine if we miss out on him when all we have are two players were dead set on selling (Sancho and Greenwood) an inexperienced Amad and Antony who is one of the worst players i’ve ever seen put on a United shirt.

This is the most obvious signing for our rw since Mahrez was at Leicester. Hopefully we get it right this time.

How are Chelsea affording these transfers? Just seems like they can throw money everywhere in the market.
In a few years time they basically won't be able to spend a penny without selling so it won't effect them until then.

His hamstring would still worry me a tad. Immensely talented player though. Especially if I were Chelsea who have already bought Nkunku, Lavia and Fofana for big money and each have barely played.

If you are Olise, given the choice of Chelsea, Newcastle and Bayern, which one you would pick? It is a hard decision. Logical choice would be Bayern, but Chelsea is in London so probably it is an attractive option for him as well.

Other than being completly useless and over paid, Antony will now cost us important signings.

He has to be th worst signing weve ever made.

Always was and it's never been close.

ADM: We recouped the money and he was actually a world class player, just hated it here

Maguire: terrible value but he at least had shining traits and was very good in the 20/21 season for how we played

Sanchez: Closest competitor but we signed him for HALF of the Antony fee and again at least it was a player that had previously been class. Just washed

Sancho: Again, we bought a young star that had one of the best seasons in Europe at his position. Just poor background work done in not realizing how much of a lazy feck he was/mentality. But the decision and price wasn't bad in a vacuum.

With Antony we literally bought a player that Ajax fans weren't even convinced by, for probably twice of his market value, and then he proceeded to have historically bad levels of production with 0 room or hope for improvement. So bad that many fans wondered if we could just convert him into a fecking left back

But he's well know for supporting United :confused:

He probably does, but he's a Cobham kid technically, so ... also his little brother just signed a new contract at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.