Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with being German, his family wanting to go home and a much bigger club wanting him then?

He left in 2019. We had Abraham, Mount, CHO, James, Tomori, Christensen and RLC all playing significant minutes for us in 2019.

It's way, way harder for a kid to break into the side at Bayern than at Chelsea. Musiala had the confidence that he could do it but he didn't think it would be easier in Munich.
As I said like Utd with a young Pogba. In these situations a football director should step in and make a pathway for extreme talents to come through. Managers often think of the here and now and do t car about medium to long term planning.

He left cause he couldn't see a pathway into the first team. Same as pogba originally leaving us. You'd think with such talents, clubs would find a way to guarantee them minutes in the first team.
Musiala left Chelsea since his German mother would have had trouble to continue working in England. If you want to dumb it down: Brexit enabled Bayern to sign him since the family wanted to/needed to leave England.

Why would Olise move to Chelsea? I know the other side of that coin is why would he move to us, but like how many players can Chelsea have for just a couple positions?

If Olise ends up at Chelsea, then you wouldn't be all that disappointed because it's clearly just a move for money. Palmer is much better than him, and both are very similar players positionally, so I really don't get the logic.

Regardless, I wish United would just move on with this one. The only transfer activity we should be targeting for RW is getting Antony either sold or out on loan.

As I said like Utd with a young Pogba. In these situations a football director should step in and make a pathway for extreme talents to come through. Managers often think of the here and now and do t car about medium to long term planning.

Hardly. Fergie had big hopes and plans for Pogba, but didn't think he was mature enough for a bigger role in the first team just yet. Didn't help that he had Raiola as his agent either. Had nothing to do with not having a "pathway for extreme talents to come through".

Why would Olise move to Chelsea? I know the other side of that coin is why would he move to us, but like how many players can Chelsea have for just a couple positions?

He lives in the area so would not have to move away from his family, he spent years there as a kid and his brother plays for Chelsea (he's a 19 year old right back).

And a shitload of money of course.

Hardly. Fergie had big hopes and plans for Pogba, but didn't think he was mature enough for a bigger role in the first team just yet. Didn't help that he had Raiola as his agent either. Had nothing to do with not having a "pathway for extreme talents to come through".
Blackburn away 2012, we started with Fabio and Phil Jones in central midfield. Pogba was overlooked by Fergie even though Joyce and Scholes (who was doing some coaching with reserves) both said Pogba should start. If you can't get a chance in central midfield over Fabio and Jones then you should leave.

So they're about to spend 65m on a 17 year old winger from Brazil already, still no sales and they're able to spend another 60m on Olise?

Blackburn away 2012, we started with Fabio and Phil Jones in central midfield. Pogba was overlooked by Fergie even though Joyce and Scholes (who was doing some coaching with reserves) both said Pogba should start. If you can't get a chance in central midfield over Fabio and Jones then you should leave.

Joyce and Scholes said Pogba should start :lol:. Don't be silly.

Pogba was overlooked for a reason. He had appearances for the first team, he wasn't ready and his mentality/attitude wasn't all that either, he was sloppy after having it too easy for the reserves, it's hardly a surprise that Fergie didn't respond well to it and simply giving him more chances. Fergie was hopeful of changing Pogbas mind and him staying at the club.

Was actually Blackburn at home in 2011 and it was Rafael and Park Ji-Sung picked in central midfield ahead of him.

So they're about to spend 65m on a 17 year old winger from Brazil already, still no sales and they're able to spend another 60m on Olise?

What do you mean still no sales? We haven’t announced a single player yet apart from a free transfer.

Was actually Blackburn at home in 2011 and it was Rafael and Park Ji-Sung picked in central midfield ahead of him.
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-utd-legend-reveals-what-caused-pogba-to-leave-in-2012

Scholes "They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled.

“That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-utd-legend-reveals-what-caused-pogba-to-leave-in-2012

Scholes "They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled.

“That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two."
He's wrong. Phil Jones played in central defence that day with Carrick. Fabio wasn't even on the bench, he's getting him mixed up with his brother.

He lives in the area so would not have to move away from his family, he spent years there as a kid and his brother plays for Chelsea (he's a 19 year old right back).

And a shitload of money of course.
I guess it's easy to forget how these practical considerations feed into transfers, just like a normal person changing jobs.

But would seem odd to move to a club with like 20 wingers, when they have a player in your exact position that's just signed and is better than you.

It's like the Mandela effect this one.

I could have sworn we played a mid of Rafael and Jones or something mad like that in this game.

Yet it looks to have been Park and Valencia maybe?

Hard to tell, as Nani, Valencia and Welbeck are in there and Chica and Berba too.

I thought I remember going to my local game, expecting Rooney as captain in fantasy footy to get a haul, then discovered his little punishment omission!
Yet this was a 31st Dec 12.45 game, so even that feels wrong now.

Either way, not playing Pogba was ridiculous.

The guy played 1 season out of the last 3. He's a carbon copy of Palmer. Makes no sense for Chelsea

They should step away. Sign Araujo instead you cnuts.

Best thing for Olise is to stay at Palace :cool:

It's like the Mandela effect this one.

I could have sworn we played a mid of Rafael and Jones or something mad like that in this game.

Yet it looks to have been Park and Valencia maybe?

Hard to tell, as Nani, Valencia and Welbeck are in there and Chica and Berba too.

I thought I remember going to my local game, expecting Rooney as captain in fantasy footy to get a haul, then discovered his little punishment omission!
Yet this was a 31st Dec 12.45 game, so even that feels wrong now.

Either way, not playing Pogba was ridiculous.
Wasn’t it Park and Rafael? Or have I lost it too? :lol:

Wasn’t it Park and Rafael? Or have I lost it too? :lol:

I know Valencia converted to a right back later on, but in 2011 was he there?
If so, maybe we do remember it correctly as

Keeper
Valencia Carrick Jones Evra
Nani Park Rafael Welbeck
Chica Berb

Yeah that must have been it.

Gibson on the naughty step as well as Rooney

Guess that is the end of Madueke at Chelsea then? Chelsea turnover in attack is wild.

End? Did he even get started?

13 starts and 10 subs in the league in his first season and being one of their best attackers is a decent start for a young player, but with Cole Palmer playing on the right in half of his games, he was never going to be picked instead of him

Palmer, Madueke and Olise would be really good together if any of them could play on the left...

When have these swap deals ever genuinely happened? Journos always throw these scenarios out there that could work in theory, as we probably have quite a few players Palace would want (not sure Broja is among them) but in reality if we want Olise we will probably have to pay the full asking price to get him.

13 starts and 10 subs in the league in his first season and being one of their best attackers is a decent start for a young player, but with Cole Palmer playing on the right in half of his games, he was never going to be picked instead of him

Palmer, Madueke and Olise would be really good together if any of them could play on the left...

I don't think there's any getting away from it, Madueke would be the big loser in the situation where Olise joins Chelsea. The RW would be completely covered by Palmer and Olise. Madueke would be left feeding off scraps. It might be ok for one season where we could end up playing 70 games but beyond 2025, he would probably prefer to find himself a new club, as that is when Chelsea also have to think about what to do with the incoming Paez and Estevao.

Any deal for Estevao the 17yo Brazilian has no relevance in the club's finances this year though. The move will only be billed on the club's accounts when it actually goes through in the summer of 2025. And even when it does it will only be for the initial €40M, not the full fee including all future add-ons.

There is of course a valid question of whether Olise is so desperately needed now that we already have Estevao and the other South-American prodigy Paez joining in a year, both of whom play a similar position as Olise does, but that's another matter entirely and the fact is neither of those 2025 transfers has any financial effect on anything Chelsea may or may not do this summer (ie. needing immediate player sales to cover for the moves).

Getting Olise now would probably cause some selection headache once the teenagers finally join up, but on the other hand having Olise in our squad for the 24/25 season would probably increase our chances of making the UCL spots by quite a bit so that's also something to consider. If Olise joins, I would guess Madueke gets one more season as a rotational option before being sacrificed to the FFP gods next year.

I don't think there's any getting away from it, Madueke would be the big loser in the situation where Olise joins Chelsea. The RW would be completely covered by Palmer and Olise. Madueke would be left feeding off scraps. It might be ok for one season where we could end up playing 70 games but beyond 2025, he would probably prefer to find himself a new club, as that is when Chelsea also have to think about what to do with the incoming Paez and Estevao.
Rumours that Newcastle are looking at Madueke. Wouldn’t blame him if he left if we buy Olise.

Any deal for Estevao the 17yo Brazilian has no relevance in the club's finances this year though. The move will only be billed on the club's accounts when it actually goes through in the summer of 2025. And even when it does it will only be for the initial €40M, not the full fee including all future add-ons.

There is of course a valid question of whether Olise is so desperately needed now that we already have Estevao and the other South-American prodigy Paez joining in a year, both of whom play a similar position as Olise does, but that's another matter entirely and the fact is neither of those 2025 transfers has any financial effect on anything Chelsea may or may not do this summer (ie. needing immediate player sales to cover for the moves).

Getting Olise now would probably cause some selection headache once the teenagers finally join up, but on the other hand having Olise in our squad for the 24/25 season would probably increase our chances of making the UCL spots by quite a bit so that's also something to consider. If Olise joins, I would guess Madueke gets one more season as a rotational option before being sacrificed to the FFP gods next year.

I think the question is less whether Olise can help Chelsea over the next few years (he certainly can) than whether having both Olise and Palmer will make it more difficult to develop Paez and Estevao when they arrive.

Those guys may be super talented but they are going to have a long personal and professional adjustment period. The recent track record of South American attacking phenoms coming over to Europe as teenagers is pretty consistent in this regard. Vini and Rodrygo both came at 18 and didn't really take the leap until their 4th year at Real Madrid, at age 21. Higuain a bit earlier at Real Madrid didn't do much until his 3rd year at age 20. Gabriel Jesus came at 19 and didn't become a really key player for Pep at City until his 4th year. Dybala went to Palermo at 18 and took the leap in his third year at 20. Alexis Sanchez went to Udinese at 19 but didn't do much until his third year at 21. And these are the success stories, there are plenty of guys who just never took the leap at all.

The issue for Chelsea IMO is that these success stories almost always involved a lot of patience and the willingness to give these players significant time on the pitch, including starting lots of league matches, not just random sub appearances and cup ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.