Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like Olise will try and wait to see if we make a move. Isn’t he a United fan?

He will have to be uber patient because no way can we make a move for him until Sancho/Antony & Greenwood are sold

He will have to be uber patient because no way can we make a move for him until Sancho/Antony & Greenwood are sold

Yeah, I'm really not convinced that we are in for him at all now, or if we are, he will be down the list after CB, ST and MF

Hope he takes it for selfish reasons :lol:

They've got something nice going along with their young talent under Glasner.

Nice pay raise and another season there would do him well.

Would also give us more than enough time to get Greenwood and Sancho, universe willing Antony as well, off the books over the next year...

Honestly, I’m not that bothered. I rate the guy but not as much as other posters here. I rather we sort out our mess first and prioritise other positions. Also, would be more than happy to have Amad as the RW next season.

On a side note, Would love to sign Eze. Though older than Olise, rate him highly.

I think if Olise goes to Chelsea, we should aim to go for Nico Williams or Desire Doue once we get Sancho off the books. Both Doue and Williams can play off both wings, plus Doue has the benefit of being able to play on the wings, as a AM or a CM. If Olise stays at Palace for a year, I'd actually go for Doue now as he can play multiple roles in the squad then target Olise in 2025, as hopefully by then Antony is sold. I don't think we will be able to sell Antony this window, so might as well keep him in the squad if we bring in a young player like Doue.

Nico Williams wants Barca

They can't afford him. They can barely afford to re-register Roque and other players for the upcoming season. They probably need to look at offloading players before making any acquisitions.

Getting him would basically be like Getting a Saka for 70m or so. I really wish we didn't have as many issues in our squad currently, we could really use a wide creator like him. Will just fall further behind Newcastle if they end up getting him.

I think if Olise goes to Chelsea, we should aim to go for Nico Williams or Desire Doue once we get Sancho off the books. Both Doue and Williams can play off both wings, plus Doue has the benefit of being able to play on the wings, as a AM or a CM. If Olise stays at Palace for a year, I'd actually go for Doue now as he can play multiple roles in the squad then target Olise in 2025, as hopefully by then Antony is sold. I don't think we will be able to sell Antony this window, so might as well keep him in the squad if we bring in a young player like Doue.
For me Williams should be brought in with Sancho departing and Amad should be given a proper crack at that RWF role. Williams is someone that has ability that we just don't have in the team in wide areas. I wrote the post below a while back and for anyone that watched the Spain v Italy game, Williams demonstrated what I was talking about in the post below.

This is just my opinion mate, but for me the difference is that Williams does everything at greater speed in comparison to a younger Zaha. The highlights below of both players demonstrate to me the difference in speed, tempo, intensity and quicker directional shifts, which are all in favour of Williams who looks a more electrifying wide forward at the same age. Williams is also playing at a higher level in Spain compared to Zaha, who was playing in the English second tier at the time.

Williams

Zaha

And from watching Williams play and forming a opinion via the eye test, the next step for me is to have a look at the statistics to see how he compares to his peers in key areas in his respective positions on the left or right flank. And even the statistics are painting a pretty picture as far as his key attributes are concerned playing as a winger/wide forward. The other player mentioned in the tweet below is Johan Bakayoko, but he's playing in a weaker league, so it's difficult guage how good those stats are until he makes a step up to a stronger league or has a run of games in European Cup competitions against quality teams. But Bakayoko is naturally left footed and Williams is naturally right footed, and I wouldn't be against signing both, because stylistically both players are potentially a throwback to the wingers of yester-years and I think we could definitely do with some variety which is lacking throughout the team where a lack of physical and athletic ability is a issue.

Hope he takes it. Would be great to see him and Eze stay there.

Don’t really like Palace but would love to see them do well next season after them suffering several Hodgsons and low expectations for so long.

They were so much fun to watch in the final 5-10 matches of the season.

They can't afford him. They can barely afford to re-register Roque and other players for the upcoming season. They probably need to look at offloading players before making any acquisitions.

They sing the same song every summer.

For me Williams should be brought in with Sancho departing and Amad should be given a proper crack at that RWF role. Williams is someone that has ability that we just don't have in the team in wide areas. I wrote the post below a while back and for anyone that watched the Spain v Italy game, Williams demonstrated what I was talking about in the post below.

Been a big fan of Nico a while now. His two-footedness is what really stands out to me. In fact I think he's actually scored more goals with his left than his right this season if memory serves.

It's such a rare attribute in a winger these days and you can see how much of a handful it makes him for defenders.

Looks like he's gonna sign that new deal Palace offered him with Zaha-like wages. Huge for Palace

He must be very expensive. We will also pull out as Jim won’t pay top dollar.

£65m and £250k per week wages won’t be happening.

dumb-chance.gif

We could offer them Diallo on loan for a season in exchange, wouldn’t be a bad deal for them and Glasner could get something out of him.

Was also thinking Sancho but I’m not sure they’d even want him.

We could offer them Diallo on loan for a season in exchange, wouldn’t be a bad deal for them and Glasner could get something out of him.

Was also thinking Sancho but I’m not sure they’d even want him.

If Chelsea have backed out because of the fee/wages, do you think you'll be going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.