Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea is the new United in the sense they are mentioned for every player where the club wants more money

Chelsea is the new United in the sense they are mentioned for every player where the club wants more money
Or the more accurate thing, especially with this Chelsea is - it’s more than likely true and they just go after anyone who everyone else wants and gets them to just look bigger and better, ego transfers haha!

It would be mental to go in for another winger, when we have a plethora that still are at the club.

Theres no chance we'd be able to offload Antony.

It would be mental to go in for another winger, when we have a plethora that still are at the club.

Theres no chance we'd be able to offload Antony.

Well we need to offload Sancho, Pellistri and the other guy. Antony, I would loan him out personally, he's not good enough and shouldn't be starting for the club. At best he's a cup game player/backup. That would leave the club with Garnacho, Rashford and Amad which is pretty thin really. You've got Mount or Bruno in a pinch, but really you'd want a fourth that's a starting caliber player. I would think that's why the information out there is that a RW would be contingent on sales of Sancho and you know who.

Selling Sancho is going to be hard work, I bet he's off on another loan TBH.

Well we need to offload Sancho, Pellistri and the other guy. Antony, I would loan him out personally, he's not good enough and shouldn't be starting for the club. At best he's a cup game player/backup. That would leave the club with Garnacho, Rashford and Amad which is pretty thin really. You've got Mount or Bruno in a pinch, but really you'd want a fourth that's a starting caliber player. I would think that's why the information out there is that a RW would be contingent on sales of Sancho and you know who.

Selling Sancho is going to be hard work, I bet he's off on another loan TBH.

Sancho will be near impossible to offload considering his wages.

We haven't even dealt with Greenwood yet.

I’m a fan but would take Eze over him in a straight choice. He’s better than Amad at a not too dissimilar age too, but in theory there could also be hope of Amad stepping up there.

Or the more accurate thing, especially with this Chelsea is - it’s more than likely true and they just go after anyone who everyone else wants and gets them to just look bigger and better, ego transfers haha!
Olise was set to take his medical last year. The primary person recruiting him to Chelsea is the same man who recruited him away from Cobham and to the City EDS system. He was one of three players ID’d by Joe Shields immediately after he took position.

If Cole plays more centrally in a possession system, which I personally believe he will, that would leave Madueke the only RW at the club, and not out on loan or too young to join.

There are several people regarded as the best scouts and recruiters in the world of football, and over the last two years we have hired several of them for key organizational positions -including the former head of scouting for Corinthians- for those that think we are just throwing darts at wall in Brazil.

Mudryk and many of our earlier acquisitions were definitely hijacks. But the sales and purchases we’ve made since the team was fully in place have been very calculated.

We have always been much farther along on Olise. If not for an extremely flakey technicality he would already be a Chelsea player.

I’m a fan but would take Eze over him in a straight choice. He’s better than Amad at a not too dissimilar age too, but in theory there could also be hope of Amad stepping up there.

No chance, Olise is just way better.

United are big admirers of Palace’s wide forward, Michael Olise, but they have other priority positions to address first although the potential departure of wingers such as Sancho and Antony could bring him into play.

Would love to have a copy of United's admire list throughout the years.

I knew this was going to happen.

We were never going for Olise when we still have Greenwood & Amad. Even Antony & Garnacho at RW.

Greenwood is going to be put up for sale in the media but we are going to keep him because no offers came & deal it on from there.

Greenwood was our starter RW 2 years ago. Garnacho was good at RW and Amad has potential.

The chance we were going for Olise was slim because Ineos won't sell Greenwood.

If they were that desperate to get rid of him, it would have already been done because we had a year to offer him for a permanent sale. Are we waiting for the transfer market to open to just put him up for sale or the end of the Euro's? I doubt it. Greenwood unlike Sancho has been a good player for both United & Getafe - selling him would have been much easier than selling Sancho & would have been done already.

Until he has agreed to go somewhere else I will keep that belief we still have an outside chance

I am sure we are not like a typical homeowner who has to sell their current house before buying another one. I don't understand why people keep saying we can't buy before selling. If we want Olise we will put in a bid and sell Greenwood and Sancho later on in the window.

I am sure we are not like a typical homeowner who has to sell their current house before buying another one. I don't understand why people keep saying we can't buy before selling. If we want Olise we will put in a bid and sell Greenwood and Sancho later on in the window.

Yeah it would be beyond stupid to miss out on a winger who we are clearly interested in and should massively improve us, just because we haven't managed to sell the dross wingers we already have just yet.

It's understandable for teams to try and snap him up as quickly as possible because he's so high in demand, whilst it's also understandable that teams aren't fighting each other to sign our flops so early in the summer. But would be stupid to shoot ourselves in the foot and miss out just because we've been crap at buying in the past.

We have to, otherwise Olise is gone. So we should push and find buyers for other later. Looks like there is plenty of interest in Greenwood anyhow and I can see Sancho finding a new club too

You would expect that the money for Sancho and Greenwood would pay for Olise and probably lower the total salary cost. Given you are exchanging two complete non-playing individuals for someone who would start I don't see this as a bad deal... Figuring our how to fit him into a team that will have 60 games next year, certainly with injuries thrown in, is a waste of time. He would make the team better and is PL proven.

You would expect that the money for Sancho and Greenwood would pay for Olise and probably lower the total salary cost. Given you are exchanging two complete non-playing individuals for someone who would start I don't see this as a bad deal... Figuring our how to fit him into a team that will have 60 games next year, certainly with injuries thrown in, is a waste of time. He would make the team better and is PL proven.
Just out of curiosity: what fees do you expect from selling those two?

You yourself call them "two complete non-playing individuals". One is a PR nightmare that no serious team will touch and the other is on incredibly high wages.

We are not in a position to do that until we sell at least one of Sancho/Greenwood
That’s not the case we are actually in a better position with regard to PSR/FFP and UEFA Squad rules, I’ll explain;

1. Chelsea have now qualified for ECL and that will generate very little in increasing their overall revenue for this year. The Squad Ratio Rule is they can only spend 80% of their turnover which will be filed in June 24 and will not include any European football revenue so expect a reduction from 22/23 total of £495m to maybe £470m 80% of that is approximately £375-380m to spend on Wages, Agent Fees, existing transfer fees and new Transfers this summer and winter.

2. Chelsea selling hotels to clear EPL PSR/FFP allowed loses and pushing player sales like Mount in to this season gave them clearance to operate in a similar way to the way Todd Boehly has already however qualifying for Europe created a new problem of the 80% squad rule. Yes Mason Mount is pure profit and I’m sure they will look to sell Chaloobah, Gallagher to create more budget however they are playing in Europe so they must be super careful with the numbers.

3. Last year Chelsea wages and Agent Fees were both incredibly high, mainly due to overpaying and sacking two managers and paying them off. If they operate with £350m wages again and £65m Agent Fees they are already breaching UEFA rules and will be punished accordingly by UEFA

4. Where Chelsea are in a better position than United, is that they are much better at selling players and selling them quickly. I would guess that Chaloibah(25m), Gallagher(45m), both pure profit added to Mount who was moved into this year would allow the club to circumnavigate a lot of UEFA FSR of 80%, plus they will get cash from selling Lukaku, Mattesen, Omari Hutchinson, Lewis Hall, Brojo, Ziyech and others. They’ve already received £30m for Lewis Hall.

Chelsea could easily raise £200m pretty easily and could then look to add 3/4 players like Olise, however they need to be careful with wages.

Summary Chelsea are more advanced because they have cash and players being sold in more advanced positions however the player has been documented as a huge United fan and should United agree the Mason Greenwood sale to Juventus quickly within the next week all bets are off on who Olise would sign for?

Just out of curiosity: what fees do you expect from selling those two?

You yourself call them "two complete non-playing individuals". One is a PR nightmare that no serious team will touch and the other is on incredibly high wages.

I mean they are non-playing for us.

Trying hard to be impartial, I expect the Greenwood we saw for Getafe would be in the 20 range and the Sancho we just saw for Dortmund in the 40. By all accounts Olise has a release clause of 60m, albeit there may be a Champions League caveat to that. We would probably pay 70-75.

On wage, Sancho is reported 275 and Greenwood 75. I think Olise would be 200 or less.

I mean they are non-playing for us.

Trying hard to be impartial, I expect the Greenwood we saw for Getafe would be in the 20 range and the Sancho we just saw for Dortmund in the 40. By all accounts Olise has a release clause of 60m, albeit there may be a Champions League caveat to that. We would probably pay 70-75.

On wage, Sancho is reported 275 and Greenwood 75. I think Olise would be 200 or less.
Isn‘t Sancho on 350k pw? Also keep in mind that Getafe gets 20% of a potential Greenwood fee. I‘d be surprised if United got more than 50m from selling those two.

For me personally.

I will prioritize to get Adam Wharton and Leny Yoro before Michael Olise.

A controlling CM playmaker to play proactive football like Ten Hag plan A in the first. Try to get De Jong before ending up with Casemiro.

Casemiro is over the peak and might leave soon. Eriksen might retire soon too.

It so clearly a top upcoming cm playmaker is so important for Ten Hag and United. Mason Mount is not that type of cm player.

Then a top new CB for Varane.

A top CM + A top CB a head of a new top RW

United and Ten Hag can not make a same mistake as last season. Not buying a top CB

About United current RW options.

Amad Diallo, Antony, Garnacho and upcoming Shea Lacey. Maybe good enough for top 4 next season.

Special if United academy talent is Shea Lacey. If Lacey get and reach the top speed and explosiveness of Olise, then Lacey will be the RW United had and need.

Like this :

Shea Lacey + Michael Olise top speed and explosiveness = a really good RW = what United need.

A CM playmaker like Adam Wharton is more rare.

My recommendation is = strenght the position you need and must fix first. Other positions later and after.

Olise would likely be Chelsea's best front three player, assuming they plan to play Palmer in midfield. He has a lot of suitors for a reason. Bayern has Musiala, Sane, Coman, Gnabry, Tel, and Muller already for the three behind the striker and they are looking at him.

I do think that attacking group is getting pretty crowded at Chelsea, especially as they seem to also be planning on signing Duran. Even assuming Palmer plays in midfield in the 4-3-3 (which I'm not completely sold on working), that would leave Jackson, Duran, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke, Nkunku, and Olise for three positions, which is probably one too many. And if they end up finding that a Palmer/Enzo/Caicedo midfield doesn't work and start playing Palmer at RW, its way too many.

Olise would likely be Chelsea's best front three player, assuming they plan to play Palmer in midfield. He has a lot of suitors for a reason. Bayern has Musiala, Sane, Coman, Gnabry, Tel, and Muller already for the three behind the striker and they are looking at him.
Müller is ageing and in decline, he will naturally need a successor. Musiala and Tel definitely are the future, but I think for the right offer they would sell Sane, Gnabry or Coman who all have been hit and miss during the last years (Coman mostly due to injuries, but still).

Müller is ageing and in decline, he will naturally need a successor. Musiala and Tel definitely are the future, but I think for the right offer they would sell Sane, Gnabry or Coman who all have been hit and miss during the last years (Coman mostly due to injuries, but still).
I think it is a pretty open secret that they‘d like to sell both Gnabry and Coman.

I do think that attacking group is getting pretty crowded at Chelsea, especially as they seem to also be planning on signing Duran. Even assuming Palmer plays in midfield in the 4-3-3 (which I'm not completely sold on working), that would leave Jackson, Duran, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke, Nkunku, and Olise for three positions, which is probably one too many. And if they end up finding that a Palmer/Enzo/Caicedo midfield doesn't work and start playing Palmer at RW, its way too many.

I'm not sure Sterling has a future at Chelsea. Certainly not a long term one, and he plays on the left anyway, so him and Mudryk's presence in the squad is likely irrelevant to Olise. As is Jackson, Nkunku and the pursuit of Duran. Olise would be in direct competition with Palmer and Madueke, and since Palmer is guaranteed to start no matter what, and he can be moved around the pitch and still be effective, the biggest loser if Olise goes to Chelsea is Madueke who will effectively be relegated to being Olise's direct back up.

Now, it's a long season and Olise is kinda injury prone, so it's likely Madueke gets his 25-ish starts plus 25 sub appearances anyway. Palmer played enough matches with Madueke together on the pitch for me to be confident he can co-exist with Olise long term.

Last edited:
Isn‘t Sancho on 350k pw? Also keep in mind that Getafe gets 20% of a potential Greenwood fee. I‘d be surprised if United got more than 50m from selling those two.
Sancho wages will be reduced 25% I guess from not qualifying for the champions league, seems to be a standard set in most contracts to offset the loss in revenue

I dunno why people are shocked that he's likely to go elsewhere. We can't afford him and really his position should be wayyyy down our list of priorities.

I'm not sure Sterling has a future at Chelsea. Certainly not a long term one, and he plays on the right anyway, so him and Mudryk's presence in the squad is likely irrelevant to Olise. As is Jackson, Nkunku and the pursuit of Duran. Olise would be in direct competition with Palmer and Madueke, and since Palmer is guaranteed to start no matter what, and he can be moved around the pitch and still be effective, the biggest loser if Olise goes to Chelsea is Madueke who will effectively be relegated to being Olise's direct back up.

Now it's a long season and Olise is kinda injury prone, so it's likely Madueke gets his 25-ish starts plus 25 sub appearances anyway. Palmer played enough matches with Madueke together on the pitch for me to be confident he can co-exist with Olise long term.

Yeah, my point wasn't that signing Olise was a problem - he's a really good player and big clubs should try to sign the best players. It was more that there will be knock on effects for others if Chelsea sign both him and Duran and somebody would ideally leave.

I would think that the ideal situation would be either selling Sterling or loaning Mudryk to a side that will play him regularly. But I'm not sure how realistic either one might be.

I'm not sure Sterling has a future at Chelsea. Certainly not a long term one, and he plays on the left anyway, so him and Mudryk's presence in the squad is likely irrelevant to Olise. As is Jackson, Nkunku and the pursuit of Duran. Olise would be in direct competition with Palmer and Madueke, and since Palmer is guaranteed to start no matter what, and he can be moved around the pitch and still be effective, the biggest loser if Olise goes to Chelsea is Madueke who will effectively be relegated to being Olise's direct back up.

Now it's a long season and Olise is kinda injury prone, so it's likely Madueke gets his 25-ish starts plus 25 sub appearances anyway. Palmer played enough matches with Madueke together on the pitch for me to be confident he can co-exist with Olise long term.
Even without injuries we're potentially looking at close to 80 games if we're as competitive as we usually are in the domestic cups aswell as the ECL and CWC, there's more than enough games to go round. For example, Moses in 12/13 got plenty of games despite being up against Hazard, Mata and Oscar.

The long term problem will be when Paez and Estevao join although truth be told it's nice having a headache trying to work it all out again, don't think I've felt like this since the mid 00's (even in the Carlo, Jose 2.0 and Conte title wins we pretty much had a set 11-13 of 'starting' players with the rest squad filler).

Yeah, my point wasn't that signing Olise was a problem - he's a really good player and big clubs should try to sign the best players. It was more that there will be knock on effects for others if Chelsea sign both him and Duran and somebody would ideally leave.

I would think that the ideal situation would be either selling Sterling or loaning Mudryk to a side that will play him regularly. But I'm not sure how realistic either one might be.

I hear you but I don't see how selling one or both of Sterling and Mudrk has any impact on Olise other than balancing the books. From a squad building pov, the only serious knock on effect would be Madueke would no longer be a starter. It took him a while to win a spot in the starting line up last season but he had definitely earnt it but Olise would immediately push him back to the role of a squad player.

I don't mind having Sterling and Mudryk battle it out for LW next season. It gives them both one more season to prove something. If neither pull up any trees then we'll spend the summer of 2025 trying to find a starting LW.

Last edited:
A top CM + A top CB a head of a new top RW

I agree with the list of players to sign but you don't necessarily need to go in that order. As long as they're in-place before the season starts it's fine. You have to look for opportunities in the market as they come up.

We're getting a CB (Brainthwaite) but it's a waiting game with Everton. I think Yoro is a pipe dream, let's see. Maybe he'll say yes, we seem to be involved in the conversations already. I think for a player like Yoro you pull forward budget from a future window to spend now because he's not going to be available again.

If we wait too long Olise will slip way. I think if we can get Olise + Branthwaite done for 60m each or so we'll still have funds for a playmaker CM that we can spend the whole summer chasing.

After the whole Whitwell article in the other thread, I think the new ownership will make an example out of Sancho. You don't get to act that way towards the United manager and hope to keep playing for the club. So for all the people who think there's depth, it's just Amad / Antony RW.

Even without injuries we're potentially looking at close to 80 games if we're as competitive as we usually are in the domestic cups aswell as the ECL and CWC, there's more than enough games to go round. For example, Moses in 12/13 got plenty of games despite being up against Hazard, Mata and Oscar.

The long term problem will be when Paez and Estevao join although truth be told it's nice having a headache trying to work it all out again, don't think I've felt like this since the mid 00's (even in the Carlo, Jose 2.0 and Conte title wins we pretty much had a set 11-13 of 'starting' players with the rest squad filler).

Yeah there's enough games to go around, but yeah with Estevao and Paez coming, and if we sign Olise then that effectively means Madueke's days are numbered beyond 2026 unless he somehow reaches a level no-one expects or thinks he's capable of but by then we'll know for sure anyway, and we'll also have a better idea of the level Paez and Estevao are at.

If you're Olise though, would you choose Chelsea over Bayern for example? I can see why Chelsea could be front runners in a battle against United and Newcastle but if Bayern are involved, then you'd imagine he'd choose them unless they simply cannot match the wages offered by the PL teams.

Yeah there's enough games to go around, but yeah with Estevao and Paez coming, and if we sign Olise then that effectively means Madueke's days are numbered beyond 2026 unless he somehow reaches a level no-one expects or thinks he's capable of but by then we'll know for sure anyway, and we'll also have a better idea of the level Paez and Estevao are at.

If you're Olise though, would you choose Chelsea over Bayern for example? I can see why Chelsea could be front runners in a battle against United and Newcastle but if Bayern are involved, then you'd imagine he'd choose them unless they simply cannot match the wages offered by the PL teams.
I think Chelsea has bigger pull than Bayern for Olise at this stage. He doesn't need to move, no language barrier, and Chelsea squad is filled with talented young players. Bayern paid very high wages btw.

I think Chelsea has bigger pull than Bayern for Olise at this stage. He doesn't need to move, no language barrier, and Chelsea squad is filled with talented young players. Bayern paid very high wages btw.
I don't think language barrier matters. Everbody in Munich can speak English and they have some French players as well, Olise would fit right in that group of players.

I'm not so sure. Bayern would offer guaranteed CL football every season and they can almost guarantee a steady flow of trophies. They've had a decent contingent of French speakers over the years, and most of German society pretty much speaks perfect English anyway. I think the biggest pull we have at this stage is that he's a Londoner and he doesn't have to move house.

Status
Not open for further replies.