Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmer played a tonne on the right, even if he can play centrally. You've also got Paez and Estevao coming in, makes 0 sense to splash another £60m on Olise but nothing about Chelsea's recruitment makes sense to me. I find it short-sighted from both the club and player, but hey-ho it's not my career.

Estevao and Paez are 17 years old, and Paez is similar to Palmer in that he does a lot of his good work centrally too. Neither will be in Chelsea's first team for at least 2 years, Estevao especially looks nowhere near physically ready for PL football.

Palmer lined up plenty of times with Madueke in the same game, especially towards the end of the season when the team started clicking.

Where do you see Palmer's position being? Does Maresca tend to play with a number 10, or will he favour Palmer from the right?

The problem is, I don't actually know how Maresca intends to set up. I'm waiting to see what he does in preseason. Palmer is brilliant on the right, that's where he did most of this damage last season but he played a lot centrally too and good players tend to interchange during matches anyway, so he often ended up out wide, despite Madueke being in the game too for example.

The problem is, I don't actually know how Maresca intends to set up. I'm waiting to see what he does in preseason. Palmer is brilliant on the right, that's where he did most of this damage last season but he played a lot centrally too and good players tend to interchange during matches anyway, so he often ended up out wide, despite Madueke being in the game too for example.
Yea, I don't think Olise and Palmer in the same team would be much of a problem as long as you have someone from the left who wants to run in behind and have a proper midfield duo behind them.

How do you view Madueke?

Presumably it's been said a hundred times in this thread already, but:

The guy is being hyped off a single good season, and in that season he was injured so much he managed 19 games total. Quoted pricetag £60m+

If we do this then we have learnt absolutely nothing. It's egregiously bad transfer business. Please god Chelsea go and get him.

I don't think he's a priority at all for us. Especially at the quoted price.

Would be frustrating to see him go Chelsea because he's a target but I'm not worried with the prospect of him playing for them.

Palmer from what I've observed is more effective on the right, coming into the middle so they could be shooting themselves in the foot playing him in the centre where the game differs compared to drifting from wider areas.

The guy is being hyped off a single good season, and in that season he was injured so much he managed 19 games total. Quoted pricetag £60m+

If we do this then we have learnt absolutely nothing. It's egregiously bad transfer business. Please god Chelsea go and get him.
Yeah, it's kind of crazy what happens when the RedCafe transfer muppet hypetrain starts rolling. He could well turn out to be a good player but dropping £60m on an unproven winger right now would be madness.

Yea, I don't think Olise and Palmer in the same team would be much of a problem as long as you have someone from the left who wants to run in behind and have a proper midfield duo behind them.

How do you view Madueke?

Madueke is a decent player. I like him as a prospect, and if we didn't sign Olise, I'd be perfectly happy with Madueke being out starting RW. He doesn't wow me though. He doesn't excite me in any way. Just a nice, decent player.

Olise is in a different category of talent, so if we can get him, I'd prefer Olise and Madueke can be his backup I suppose until he asks for a move, if/when he gets tired of the lack of minutes. Olise has been kinda injury prone though and we're in a super long season with the conference league and the club world club, so I'm sure Madueka will get his time on the pitch.

I'd prefer Olise and Madueke can be his backup I suppose until he asks for a move, if/when he gets tired of the lack of minutes. Olise has been kinda injury prone though and we're in a super long season with the conference league and the club world club, so I'm sure Madueka will get his time on the pitch.

Be honest, you want him because it's harder to spell Madueke.

Still don’t quite get this one. Wish we’d instead go big in a striker with this money instead of potentially signing Duran.

Frustrating because I think he's an incredible player and I think he'd choose United if given the choice

But getting him would almost certainly mean we wouldn't get the CB or Striker we want. And those positions must be the priority considering our options there

Still don’t quite get this one. Wish we’d instead go big in a striker with this money instead of potentially signing Duran.

I'm not bothered about going big on a striker to be honest. Jackson was coming along just fine last season and every time we've splashed out on a big name striker, they've ended up being a flop.

To be fair, he was massively rushed back from injury by Palace and suffered another injury pretty soon after coming on.

Massive talent. Questions on whether he can stay fit. We have other priorities.

To be fair, he was massively rushed back from injury by Palace and suffered another injury pretty soon after coming on.
Yes our resident Palace fan was telling us that the feeling at the club was that he his recovery and return from injury was mishandled badly by Woy

Boehly just can't wait for the window to open...poor guy hasn't been able to buy any players since January.

Frustrating because I think he's an incredible player and I think he'd choose United if given the choice

But getting him would almost certainly mean we wouldn't get the CB or Striker we want. And those positions must be the priority considering our options there

Yeah unfortunately we haven't the cash to sign him due to Greenwood and Sancho still on books

Newcastle asked for permission too? Someone tell them it's only cartel clubs allowed at the table.

Can see this thread being locked next week, really gutting we haven't the cash to rival them for him

I would expect this one to drag on for a while, at least until early or mid July. Olise will clearly have a lot of suitors, this is likely the most important move of his career, and there's no incentive for him to rush into a decision as he won't even start training with a new club until mid-July anyway. If his agent is any good, he'll drag out the process, play teams against each other, and make sure he gets the best deal for his client. And there are a number of teams that could step up interest in him depending on outgoings (if Salah leaves Liverpool, if KDB leaves City, United with Sancho/Greenwood, etc).

I'm not too worried about this one. He's a fine player and would be a good addition, but we have more pressing concerns to address before spending that sort of money on another winger.

If he's smart he'd go to Bayern. Newcastle wouldn't be the worst shout either - an Olise, Gordon, Isak front 3 would be dangerous.

I would expect this one to drag on for a while, at least until early or mid July. Olise will clearly have a lot of suitors, this is likely the most important move of his career, and there's no incentive for him to rush into a decision as he won't even start training with a new club until mid-July anyway. If his agent is any good, he'll drag out the process, play teams against each other, and make sure he gets the best deal for his client. And there are a number of teams that could step up interest in him depending on outgoings (if Salah leaves Liverpool, if KDB leaves City, United with Sancho/Greenwood, etc).

I wonder if he will wait for those clubs to make outgoings when teams in for him can just make an offer without sales now

I find it bizarre chelsea have just spend 1.1 billion on transfer fees and they're looking like spending another 150 mil at least this window we're supposed to believe this has happened within the rules when you have teams like Villa spending within their means and being forced to sell players.

I also find it hilarious they've spend one billion, bought an ENTIRE new squad on top of what they already had (28 players) and still need to buy more players.

I'm not too worried about this one. He's a fine player and would be a good addition, but we have more pressing concerns to address before spending that sort of money on another winger.

If he's smart he'd go to Bayern. Newcastle wouldn't be the worst shout either - an Olise, Gordon, Isak front 3 would be dangerous.

Could fund it by selling Greenwood & Sancho but you just know neither will be quick deals unfortunately

I find it bizarre chelsea have just spend 1 billion on transfer fees and they're looking like spending another 150 mil at least this window we're supposed to believe this has happened within the rules when you have teams like Villa spending within their means and being forced to sell players.

I also find it hilarious they've spend one billion and still need to buy more players.

Yeah but they have loads of carparks and hotels to sell to themselves.

Could fund it by selling Greenwood & Sancho but you just know neither will be quick deals unfortunately

That, and the money raised by selling those two would be better spent on centre backs, midfielders, a left back and a backup for Hojlund.

If we get all that business done, and then somehow manage to hoodwink someone into giving us some money for Antony - I'd be all for signing Olise. Unfortunately that's not going to happen and even if it did, he's probably not hanging about that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.