Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

You kind of think if Ineos are going all out for Olise they know they’ve got buyers for at least Sancho and Greenwood to offset the fee for Olise and maybe even a loan move for Antony, I don’t think they want to disrupt Diallo’s progress so imagine it would be Olise and Diallo for the season with Garnacho playing there as a worst case scenario but Garnacho mainly fighting it out with Rashford for the left slot.

While I totally disagree with people who say we don't need him or he's far down the list, why in the feck do we have to prioritise at all?!
All in we probably need 7 signings. How many did Chelsea sign last year? FFS we should be ambitious.
If we make some decent sales I really don't see why we couldn't sign at least 6 players.

While I totally disagree with people who say we don't need him or he's far down the list, why in the feck do we have to prioritise at all?!
All in we probably need 7 signings. How many did Chelsea sign last year? FFS we should be ambitious.
If we make some decent sales I really don't see why we couldn't sign at least 6 players.

The caf is famous for insisting that players are both signed and sold within a transfer window in a very specific sequence, related to their perceived order of priority to the team.

Even if we are to sign 6 players, it needs to be a centre half first, then a centre forward and then and then, and get the order wrong, we’re back to being a terribly run club. And when it comes to sales, we should sell Antony, but not before we sell Van de Beek, even though we should sell them both!

100% Olise prefer a young player with something to prove and bags of potential. Than one who feels they are taking a step down/forced out
Also need to ensure Palace don't overtake us next season...

Given we have Garnacho, Amad and Antony (none of whom admittedly are a top-level player quite yet), I wouldn't say this should be where we spend the majority of our money for the summer.

I think we should instead prioritise:

- A new right footed centre back.
- A new left back.
- A midfield partner for Mainoo.
- A striker to provide support and competition for Hojlund.

I do have a feeling Olise will be our main big-money target for the summer but really can't put him above any of the four targets identified above. Also, given he has missed an average of 11 games a season since he joined Palace, I can only see him adding to our ridiculous injury woes.

You can't always get the right players in the right order.

Our attack was a farce last season, a huge reason we ended up with a negative goal difference. So we definitely need a big boost in those attacking positions, as we can't rely on Rashy being back to last season's form, Antony to even look better than our younger wingers and those younger wingers to step up a gear.

Given we have Garnacho, Amad and Antony (none of whom admittedly are a top-level player quite yet), I wouldn't say this should be where we spend the majority of our money for the summer.

- A new left back.

I do have a feeling Olise will be our main big-money target for the summer but really can't put him above any of the four targets identified above. Also, given he has missed an average of 11 games a season since he joined Palace, I can only see him adding to our ridiculous injury woes.

All the reports have been that Ineos want 5 signings this summer and all under the age of 25 so we could still very well get the positions you’ve said as well, it’s not out of the realms of possibility that we could maybe even see 6 as it’s highly likely Ineos have been planning this summer window since January when they came in.

We can’t expect us to go into the season relying solely on Garnacho and Diallo on the right and Rashford firing all season on the left so Olise and Diallo on the right then Rashford and Garnacho is a good balance, Antony shouldn’t even be considered whilst Sancho and Greenwood will almost certainly leave.

Olise being our big money signing just seems stupid considering our massive other needs

We have so many needs, our attack was shocking last season and just bringing in another striker to play back up to Hojlund isn’t going to change a great deal so Olise is a priority when we’re likely to move two right sided players on and one is arguably the worst right sided player we’ve ever had.

The caf is famous for insisting that players are both signed and sold within a transfer window in a very specific sequence, related to their perceived order of priority to the team.

Even if we are to sign 6 players, it needs to be a centre half first, then a centre forward and then and then, and get the order wrong, we’re back to being a terribly run club. And when it comes to sales, we should sell Antony, but not before we sell Van de Beek, even though we should sell them both!
Yeah true, we all like a bit of football manager.
But I think it is true that we need about 6 players, and it should be within the new recruitment team's ability to do, if they're serious like.
I don't get why people think we can only sign 4 and need to prioritise, especially now that the ffp situation has eased.

You kind of think if Ineos are going all out for Olise they know they’ve got buyers for at least Sancho and Greenwood to offset the fee for Olise and maybe even a loan move for Antony, I don’t think they want to disrupt Diallo’s progress so imagine it would be Olise and Diallo for the season with Garnacho playing there as a worst case scenario but Garnacho mainly fighting it out with Rashford for the left slot.

Yeah you would hope that's the case otherwise we will be top heavy in the wide areas

Yeah just need to find takers for Antony and Sancho, obviously Greenwood is up for sale too
get rid of Antony for sure and clearly greenwood isn't coming back but i think there will be plenty of buyers for him

- A new left back.

I think we'll get all of them but RW creator / scorer of the Olise mould is a priority IMO. He'll make our whole attack click. Rashford / Garnacho are too selfish, Antony is crap and Sancho isn't coming back. The only player who can create something in our squad is Bruno. This could be serviceable if we have good attacking fullbacks of the Trent / Trippier mould but we don't have that either. I'd say this was priority number 2 for me behind a midfield partner for Mainoo.

The three primary ones are RW, DM (multiple links to Casemiro from Saudi) and a CB.

Rest are rotation options where we just have to be clever with loans, swaps, freebies etc.

Yeah just need to find takers for Antony and Sancho, obviously Greenwood is up for sale too

Surprising lack of transfer links from us so far. Casemiro had strong links from Saudi and died down. Waiting on Sancho, Greenwood, Maguire, Lindelof at the very minimum. Hope that things start moving after we decide on Ten Hag.

Surprising lack of transfer links from us so far. Casemiro had strong links from Saudi and died down. Waiting on Sancho, Greenwood, Maguire, Lindelof at the very minimum. Hope that things start moving after we decide on Ten Hag.

Yeah pretty sure that links will definitely pick up when Erik's future is finally confirmed

It’s a complicated one IMO because I believe we should utilise both Amad and Garnacho as RW more rather than spending big money on the RW. But Olise is such a quality player and currently better than both of them.

It’s a complicated one IMO because I believe we should utilise both Amad and Garnacho as RW more rather than spending big money on the RW. But Olise is such a quality player and currently better than both of them.
That would still leave us short on the LW.

Should sign a LW then or striker who has the versatility to play as LW. Cunha may be?

I also think Garnacho can make the left side his own because Rashford has regressed badly and Amad is good enough to play through the middle. He naturally gravitates there during games anyways. Its always good to have multiple knockout options across the forward line like City and Liverpool do. They will all get games if the manager rotates properly.

Closest comparison for me would be Mahrez. Not blistering fast, but uses tremendous ball manipulation to deceive his opponent. When he gets onto his left foot, more often than not, his shots are on target. For him to really push on, his target should be looking to score around 15 league goals, which he is more than capable of doing.

Closest comparison for me would be Mahrez. Not blistering fast, but uses tremendous ball manipulation to deceive his opponent. When he gets onto his left foot, more often than not, his shots are on target. For him to really push on, his target should be looking to score around 15 league goals, which he is more than capable of doing.

Very creative too. He could come in and have the De Bruyne/Bruno creative responsibility in a top team I reckon.

Olise being our big money signing just seems stupid considering our massive other needs

Yeah I have that reaction too.

But all depend on what happens during the rest of the summer with other Ins and Outs. Could make perfect sense at the end of the transfer window.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...iallo-reminds-Harry-Maguire-Riyad-Mahrez.html :p

Like Olise a lot, and definitely think we need other winger (with Antony and Sancho out too ideally) but think his profile and overall level to the geezer we’ve got at the club who hasn’t been given a proper shake yet.

Correct. We need first team CB and CM signings first and foremost.

This is the signing you make if we do well with sales.

Or the club could work on more than one deal at a time ? Ineos have been in since January so have surely been planning incomings and outgoings for the past 6 months, it isn’t Woodward or Arnold led by the Glazer days where a single deal is dragged out over months on end.

If you look at the table, what cost us this year wasn’t the goals conceded but the lack of goals. Outside of the top 3 only Palace and Everton conceded fewer goals but every team above us scored far more goals, Spurs being the closest with 17 goals more.
We can’t go into next season without serious reinforcements to our offense.

Meh sometimes these opportunities don’t come up in a perfect linear order, if we have the budget for both then we shouldn’t miss out on a key target.

Or the club could work on more than one deal at a time ? Ineos have been in since January so have surely been planning incomings and outgoings for the past 6 months, it isn’t Woodward or Arnold led by the Glazer days where a single deal is dragged out over months on end.

It's not about doing multiple deals at once. We have other positions to fill, with greater importance, and not a large budget to do so.

We don’t know what budget we have, we’re all guessing.

IF INEOS think they have the budget for him and the others we need then go for it. He’s a top player and will get better

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...iallo-reminds-Harry-Maguire-Riyad-Mahrez.html :p

Like Olise a lot, and definitely think we need other winger (with Antony and Sancho out too ideally) but think his profile and overall level to the geezer we’ve got at the club who hasn’t been given a proper shake yet.

Haha fancy that, and this is why I'm not sure how having both Amad and Olise would fare. Stylistically, they are quite similar, but for me, I'd personally like us to have different options. Think back to when we had Valencia and Nani, for example. Both good wingers, but brought a complete different skillset to the table.

Actually, whilst I would love to see Olise at United, and I certainly wouldn't complain if we were to buy him, having Amad and Garnacho on the right seems like a good blend. We could then target the left wing, having someone who is more of a pocket player/creative in comparison to Rashford, who is obviously more direct. Again, if we look at City, Pep has Foden, Silva and Grealish who are all quite similar stylistically, but he also has Doku, who is a lot more direct and explosive.

When it comes to attacking transitions, we are in a good place. We struggle; however, against teams who sit back, as our wingers haven't always got the ideas to break teams down. Amad is the only winger I'd put in the category of players who wouldn't struggle against a low block. The others pretty much rely on space in behind.

Surely we need to clear out at least two of Antony, Sancho and Greenwood before signing more wingers?

Status
Not open for further replies.