Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the table, what cost us this year wasn’t the goals conceded but the lack of goals. Outside of the top 3 only Palace and Everton conceded fewer goals but every team above us scored far more goals, Spurs being the closest with 17 goals more.
We can’t go into next season without serious reinforcements to our offense.

It's also an issue that was perpetuated when the club didn't sign wide forwards last season. I made countless posts that the recruitment were basically hinging on the idea that Marcus was going to have another 30 goal per season output which carried the attack for numbers last season.

United cannot go into next season with Garnacho, Diallo and Rashford alone it's threadbare to say the least.

Saka/ Trossard /Martinelli - (45) goals (21) assists

Foden / Silva / Doku - (45) goals (31) assists

Marcus / Garnacho / Anthony / Diallo - (23) goals 13 assists

Not saying that these don't have a place in the team but realistically if United are to make strides moving forward Garnacho and Diallo should be coming off the bench or starting as peripheral figures.

It's also an issue that was perpetuated when the club didn't sign wide forwards last season. I made countless posts that the recruitment were basically hinging on the idea that Marcus was going to have another 30 goal per season output which carried the attack for numbers last season.

United cannot go into next season with Garnacho, Diallo and Rashford alone it's threadbare to say the least.

Not saying that these don't have a place in the team but realistically if United are to make strides moving forward Garnacho and Diallo should be coming off the bench or starting as peripheral figures.

Genuinely surprised that lot managed 23 goals between them to be honest!
But very obviously you're right, it's a horrible output for a season

Wait, Diallo was a near £40m signing? :eek:

All this time I thought he was a kid from your academy.

Welcome to more United genius transfer strategy!
At least he looks like he's got some potential now, but then you'd hope so for that potential outlay!

Surely we need to clear out at least two of Antony, Sancho and Greenwood before signing more wingers?
Well sancho and greenwood will be gone. Don’t think anyone will show interest in Antony so he’ll be staying purely because of that.

Oh ok, so the headline in that link is taking a few liberties with the facts.

Still, no idea why I just always assumed he was an academy prospect.
He joined when he was 17. Dont think you can sign a player before 16? So not far off. Pretty sure he played for underage teams.

Oh ok, so the headline in that link is taking a few liberties with the facts.

Still, no idea why I just always assumed he was an academy prospect.
He joined when he was 17. Dont think you can sign a player before 16? So not far off. Pretty sure he played for underage teams.
He played for the U23s a handful of times before going on loan to Rangers. He was very highly rated at Atalanta before we signed him.

He was actually going to go on loan to Parma that year, following on the successes of Kulusevski who was the prototype just a few years before him.

"We don't need anymore RW's"

Surely that doesn't imply that our options there are satisfactory does it?

The caf is famous for insisting that players are both signed and sold within a transfer window in a very specific sequence, related to their perceived order of priority to the team.

Even if we are to sign 6 players, it needs to be a centre half first, then a centre forward and then and then, and get the order wrong, we’re back to being a terribly run club. And when it comes to sales, we should sell Antony, but not before we sell Van de Beek, even though we should sell them both!

I think there's been a long running 'theory' (I have no idea if there's ever been any factual basis to this) that the club only works on one incoming transfer at a time, so that's where the talks about 'prioritizing' come from

that is horrendous but I thought Garnacho was developing pretty nicely on the right at times this season.

I think there's been a long running 'theory' (I have no idea if there's ever been any factual basis to this) that the club only works on one incoming transfer at a time, so that's where the talks about 'prioritizing' come from

They of course have no clue what they are talking about.

Given this day and age, I believe the money spent on Sancho was justified. He was literally one of the best up and coming players in Europe. Statistically, he was up there with the greats. Unfortunately, it hasn't quite worked but I think a large part of that is down to our team in general. For whatever reason, we just don't seem to get the best out of our players.

Antony was clearly a panic buy. We prolonged the deal and ended up spending over the odds because we needed to bring someone in. In hindsight, it would have probably been more sensible to give Amad a chance.

It's not about doing multiple deals at once. We have other positions to fill, with greater importance, and not a large budget to do so.

We don’t know what our budget is as some journalists say we’re in dire financial straights and some financial experts say we’ve done our three year FFP/PSR cycle and can spend anything up to £400 million.

What we do know is Ineos have been planning this window for nearly 6 months and what we’d probably be right to assume is they’ve also been working behind the scenes on incomings and outgoings, I’m sure Ineos know how important it is to get the first transfer window right.

Not really, all we need to do is sell Antony, sack ten Hag and rotate Greenwood between the right wing and striker.

Greenwood is never coming back. Whether you agree or not, its just not happening and has nothing to do with EtH

It is puzzling to see people still talking like he's got any sort of future here. They've had plenty of time to come to terms with it, and yet.

I know most of African continent still believe

The stats would have been much better if Diallo started most of the games rather than Antony.

Named in the French Olympics squad.

If we were to sign Olise, that would rule him out of pre-season at least.

If we sign him before July 3rd (day of the final list), United will have its say. To be fair, I am French, so I hope he will participate to the Olympics hahahaha

If we sign him before July 3rd (day of the final list), United will have its say. To be fair, I am French, so I hope he will participate to the Olympics hahahaha
If he wants to go there he likely would want assurances that he is allowed to go before signing anything.

He’ll better be good if he comes. Can’t keep signing centrebacks and wingers for big money every year and they turn out to be either crap or rubbish

He’ll better be good if he comes. Can’t keep signing centrebacks and wingers for big money every year and they turn out to be either crap or rubbish

I am confident he would flourish here

Getting the spine of our team sorted out is the priority, we can look at our wide attacker situation when we have a functional midfield and CB partnership.

Getting the spine of our team sorted out is the priority, we can look at our wide attacker situation when we have a functional midfield and CB partnership.

The problem is we don’t seem to have any defined targets in those areas or just can't get them

There is still uncertainty about where his international future lies, with England having had recent talks. He may wish to stay out of the international scene until that is resolved.

There is still uncertainty about where his international future lies, with England having had recent talks. He may wish to stay out of the international scene until that is resolved.

I believe you can quite easily change international allegiances up until you play for the full national side in a competitive match.

Playing for the French U23s won't stop him from playing for England eventually. Plus the chance of winning an Olympic gold medal would no doubt motivate any athlete.

I believe you can quite easily change international allegiances up until you play for the full national side in a competitive match.

Playing for the French U23s won't stop him from playing for England eventually. Plus the chance of winning an Olympic gold medal would no doubt motivate any athlete.

That wasn’t my point, he can legally still change, I’m saying that while he is still considering who he wants to represent, he may personally choose to not play for either at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.