Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also sold Gilmour for 9m and CHO for less than 5m. Lewis Bate was seen as an absolute gem in the youth teams. Sold for 1.5m to Leeds.

And what about Tomori and Abraham for 70m combined fee?

And what about Tomori and Abraham for 70m combined fee?

Both first team players and Tomori had the added benefit of having spent 6 months on loan in Milan before they made the move permanent. Pretty sure you could sell Garnacho for 40-50m if you wanted to.

Both first team players and Tomori had the added benefit of having spent 6 months on loan in Milan before they made the move permanent. Pretty sure you could sell Garnacho for 40-50m if you wanted to.

You can only sell someone if someone bids. Lets see if any offers come for Garnacho this summer.

You can only sell someone if someone bids. Lets see if any offers come for Garnacho this summer.

Club has to be willing to sell too. We haven't received any bids for Reece James. Doesn't mean many teams wouldn't jump at the chance to bid for him if he was on the market.

Between Rodrygo and Olise, which one will Utd fans pick? Rodrygo probably will be on the market once Mbappe joins Real Madrid.

Club has to be willing to sell too. We haven't received any bids for Reece James. Doesn't mean many teams wouldn't jump at the chance to bid for him if he was on the market.

You dont know if Manutd are willing to sell. I dont think United wanted to sell Ronaldo when they did.

Between Rodrygo and Olise, which one will Utd fans pick? Rodrygo probably will be on the market once Mbappe joins Real Madrid.

Tough one really. Only thing is I have read somewhere that Rodygo wants to play LW not RW.

Don't need another LW.

Tough one really. Only thing is I have read somewhere that Rodygo wants to play LW not RW.

Don't need another LW.
Rodygo seems to be more suited in a counter attack system. Olise seems the complete opposite though. Rodygo is versatile enough to play both wings is a big plus.

Rodrigo is a no brainer, it just depends on
  • The transfer fee he will command, including his salary
  • How he will behave once he leaves his dream club, as we don't want another Di Maria
Other than that, fantastic player.

Rodrigo is a no brainer, it just depends on
  • The transfer fee he will command, including his salary
  • How he will behave once he leaves his dream club, as we don't want another Di Maria
Other than that, fantastic player.
1. 80 - 100m, given his age, profile and the trophies he won with Real Madrid. Salary will be north of 200K to 300k+/week easily. I would say similar to the package for Sancho.
2. When there is a Di Maria, there is Odegaard as well.

Bit of a silly question considering one will be worth about 50/60m and the other closer to 100m. We ain’t got unlimited money and need plenty of other positions aswell. I’m gonna be probably one of the odd ones out though and say olise, Rodrygo seems better in a counter attacking team where as olise looks like he’s very good in tight positions and he’s good on the ball and can create things. Also as PL experience which is crucial. We don’t want another Antony in Rodrygo, not saying he is because he’s quality but you never know what you get when you bring a foreigner to the prem.

If he remains injury free (a big if) I think his natural position is as a 10 rather than stuck out on the wing whether hugging the touch line or being an inverted winger making out to in runs.

Looks far more effective when operating from the centre as glasner has him doing.
Olise's super skill is pure footballing intelligence. He has skills, a Roy approved work rate and a magical left foot but there are other players out there with those qualities. He has the what money can't buy attribute and that intelligence improves everyone around him. Put him more central and he'll score more but he'll also bring more players into the game.

100% Olise prefer a young player with something to prove and bags of potential. Than one who feels they are taking a step down/forced out

Olise, no brainer. We need hungry players who want to be here, not ones who come for the money and because they dont have a place in their dream club.

One has a billion pound release clause and is in love with his club. The other is a fan of United. Bring him home.

Garnaucho for £40-50m???
I don’t think so try doubling that and we’d still say no!

We also sold Gilmour for 9m and CHO for less than 5m. Lewis Bate was seen as an absolute gem in the youth teams. Sold for 1.5m to Leeds.
I agree with you but what people fail to grasp is that both Chelsea and Man City have been heavily investing in youth development for over a decade. Chelsea for two decades, and people then think United should sell their youth players for similar amounts, without taking into consideration how the likes of Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour have funded the development of their respective youth systems at their clubs.

Chelsea have been stockpiling on young talent for years and City have done the same. So with the financial support of the owners, both Chelsea and City have been aggressively recruiting at youth level for many years and have a big pool of players who have been bought locally, nationally and even internationally. So if Chelsea sell 10% of their young players for significant profit, people will forget about the other 90% and only focus on the 10%. And as far as United are concerned, we've come along way in recent years but the Glazer ownership has held us back considerably as far youth development is concerned in comparison to how aggressive Chelsea and City have been at youth level.

And we've sold Jimmy Garner in recent years and I would say we can compare that to Billy Gilmour. Selling Elanga is also comparable and I feel selling Alvaro Fernandez for €9m with a buy back and a significant sell on is also a good deal.

I love Garnacho's hunger, aggression and energy but feck me he's overrated by some of our fans. He's a good player but Olise is a level above.

I think Olise is a very good footballer . We need direct pace and playmaker options from that wide area . We have the pace here already , we don't have that foden type player who can be wide or central .

I'm using foden as a type comparison rather than as a straight out ability comparison .

I love Garnacho's hunger, aggression and energy but feck me he's overrated by some of our fans. He's a good player but Olise is a level above.
I agree with that statement however Garnaucho would only ever leave to go to Madrid and probably in 2 or 3 years and his numbers would be 15 Goals and 10 assists a season by then and by then he’ll be worth worth £75-85m, I think Olise if he stays fit could be worth £100-120m by the time he’s 24, he really is that Good.

Fergie's belt loose and wiping his lips. This is what we've resorted to. Ten Hag out man!

Olise's super skill is pure footballing intelligence. He has skills, a Roy approved work rate and a magical left foot but there are other players out there with those qualities. He has the what money can't buy attribute and that intelligence improves everyone around him. Put him more central and he'll score more but he'll also bring more players into the game.

He's not responsible enough as a reliable centre midfielder, meaning he doesn't take command and manage games (a la Scholes etc..). He's a definite baller, but he needs to be an attacking player.. he should want to play off the right, with Dalot behind him. But he needs freedom to drift around the park. Don't want him defending too much, it's not in his game.

Given we have Garnacho, Amad and Antony (none of whom admittedly are a top-level player quite yet), I wouldn't say this should be where we spend the majority of our money for the summer.

I think we should instead prioritise:

- A new right footed centre back.
- A new left back.
- A midfield partner for Mainoo.
- A striker to provide support and competition for Hojlund.

I do have a feeling Olise will be our main big-money target for the summer but really can't put him above any of the four targets identified above. Also, given he has missed an average of 11 games a season since he joined Palace, I can only see him adding to our ridiculous injury woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.