Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have opened talks with everyone to be fair, and have done for the last two years.

Call me crazy but I am still not 100% sure he’ll go this summer.

My guess is that the plan is to play Palmer as the right 8 and Olise as a RW.

In theory that could be a devastating combination but how they coexist in practice is another matter as both really want to create and shoot from the same part of the pitch.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the idea of a Palmer, Enzo, Caicedo midfield if that's the plan. Poch played that midfield only three times in the league or against PL competition in the cups and Chelsea drew against Sheffield United, got dominated by United at Old Trafford, and lost to a gassed City in the FA Cup semifinal (at least a more competitive game). I'm not sure you get enough engine and defensive intensity with Palmer and Enzo in the same midfield. Poch has his flaws but there was a reason that Gallagher was the indispensable man for him.

In theory that could be a devastating combination but how they coexist in practice is another matter as both really want to create and shoot from the same part of the pitch.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the idea of a Palmer, Enzo, Caicedo midfield if that's the plan. Poch played that midfield only three times in the league or against PL competition in the cups and Chelsea drew against Sheffield United, got dominated by United at Old Trafford, and lost to a gassed City in the FA Cup semifinal (at least a more competitive game). I'm not sure you get enough engine and defensive intensity with Palmer and Enzo in the same midfield. Poch has his flaws but there was a reason that Gallagher was the indispensable man for him.
This is why I think us going for Olise is dumb. We don’t need him.

Our staring midfield 3 should be Lavia, Enzo, and Caicedo. Then Palmer and Nkunku flanking whichever new striker we bring in.

We were already doing this at the end of the season with Palmer and Maduke and it was working very well. Palmer was more of a right sided 10 though.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to have a release clause? So, it doesn't matter who activates it first. Us or Chelsea. if we actually want him, we will bid for him or it just media BS.

It's a tough situation for Chelsea because Gallagher isn't really good enough if they wanna compete for the top 4.

This is why I think us going for Olise is dumb. We don’t need him.

Our staring midfield 3 should be Lavia, Enzo, and Caicedo. Then Palmer and Nkunku flanking whichever new striker we bring in.
That sounds more reasonable.

Guess that's that then, was nice thinking we wouldn't have to watch Antony or Sancho ply their trade again with us while it lasted...

No guarantee he goes to Chelsea. Ornstein has mentioned before that Olise is no rush to make a decision on his future and could even decide to stay at Palace if he doesn't feel like a move is right for him.

Here's the quote from this morning.
Now that the season is officially over, a player we need to keep an eye on is Michael Olise — because there is a release clause in his contract, which provides an element of clarity that does not exist with many other leading players.

It would still be subject to a number of factors, not least the Crystal Palace winger’s preference. The 22-year-old is admired by many of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and Europe — including Chelsea, Manchester United and Newcastle United.

While the release clause means his price is pretty much set, which helps with budgets, Olise is said to be a very thoughtful character who will only move if he is certain it is right for him.

For that reason, there is no guarantee something will materialise, but it is certainly one to watch.

No one wanted him a couple months ago now we’re upset :D

I think any deal would have to be July. So if we miss out because of that so be it. We can’t sell “hotels” like Chelsea to bend PSR.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to have a release clause? So, it doesn't matter who activates it first. Us or Chelsea. if we actually want him, we will bid for him or it just media BS.
It is rumored that the release clause is for clubs qualified for CL only.

He’s a good player but has had some injury issues and we have much higher priorities. We have Garnacho and Amad so not concerned if he goes to Chelsea.

Guess that's that then, was nice thinking we wouldn't have to watch Antony or Sancho ply their trade again with us while it lasted...

We're all Amad FC then. I think this will be a big miss. Normally players of his quality don't have release clauses.

Personally think Chelsea is better without Enzo in these conventional setups.
He cost over 100m and is fantastic with the ball at his feet. Judging him based on his poor period last season when he was playing with an injury that he needed surgery to fix perhaps isn’t wise. I don’t think there’s a chance he isn’t a starter. It was probably one of the primary mandates to Maresca to get Enzo back to his best like when he first joined. A possession based style where he is the primary user of the ball should suit him very well.

He is a great player. We should sell Sancho and Antony and buy him. I think we will regret it if we dont try.

I can't see why Chelsea would think they need Olise right now. As for United, Olise would be an upgrade at RW but RW isn't in our highest tier of priorities going into this summer.

I can't see why Chelsea would think they need Olise right now. As for United, Olise would be an upgrade at RW but RW isn't in our highest tier of priorities going into this summer.
Yeah realistically I can see Chelsea get him. United just has other priorities. We'll have a hard time moving on Antony which means we are a bit jammed with what we have for another year.

I'd prefer Nico Williams anyway.

Chelsea are also loaded with forwards and have snapped up some of the best young winger talent from South America already as well...

We're all Amad FC then. I think this will be a big miss. Normally players of his quality don't have release clauses.
Rashford to find form, Garnacho on the right, amad the first squad option, Antony 4th choice winger... Sell the others. 4 is fine. Replace Antony in a year

Don’t want.. because it’s likely we won’t get

Also think getting a striker is 1A. Wouldn’t even think about putting in an offer for anyone else until a striker is done

Don’t want.. because it’s likely we won’t get

Also think getting a striker is 1A. Wouldn’t even think about putting in an offer for anyone else until a striker is done
The pessimism on this forum is mad.

“likely we won’t get”

Yeah because Chelsea are a much more stable and attractive place to go to

Glad to see some common sense. Could only see this transfer going badly if we persisted with it. So many positions that actually need to be addressed on such a limited budget.

“likely we won’t get”

I don't think it's because of that. The pessimism is that we've not had any serious links to him and as proved last summer, Chelsea don't seem to have a limit on what they'd spend on a player.

If we even are interested and it turns into a bidding war we'll lose. The new people in charge don't seem the type to enter a bidding war with Chelsea, especially if the Caicedo saga last summer is anything to go by.

Chelsea are also loaded with forwards and have snapped up some of the best young winger talent from South America already as well...
This is the main reason I don’t get why we’d be after Olise. Our club have snapped up Angelo Gabriel & Kenedy Paez for big money last year who are both talked about as potential future superstars and now this summer we’re going to pay an obscene amount for another wonderkid in Estevao. We also have Omari Hutchinson who killed it on loan with McKenna’s Ipswich last season, too, remember.

So that’s Sterling, Mudryk, Nkunku, Palmer, and Madueke plus a bunch of future talent that’s only a year or two away. Why are we after another wide attacker? I’m puzzled even as a Chelsea fan who loves a flashy new signing.

“likely we won’t get”

First line was simply tongue in cheek. My “didn’t fancy her anyway”

But I do seriously think a striker is much more important

This is the main reason I don’t get why we’d be after Olise. Our club have snapped up Angelo Gabriel & Kenedy Paez for big money last year who are both talked about as potential future superstars and now this summer we’re going to pay an obscene amount for another wonderkid in Estevao. We also have Omari Hutchinson who killed it on loan with McKenna’s Ipswich last season, too, remember.

So that’s Sterling, Mudryk, Nkunku, Palmer, and Madueke plus a bunch of future talent that’s only a year or two away. Why are we after another wide attacker? I’m puzzled even as a Chelsea fan who loves a flashy new signing.

Dunno about the kids but really the only options are Palmer and Madueke on the RW I think? If Palmer moves central and Madueke is sold then there's no one available at RW.

I don't understand why that would happen though - are you giving up on Nkunku already? I thought the plan was Nkunku #10, Jackson CF, Palmer RW and the most obvious upgrade is Jackson to a proper WC #9.

First line was simply tongue in cheek. My “didn’t fancy her anyway”

But I do seriously think a striker is much more important
We just spent 72m on one last summer. It can't be a top priority again. We should look for a Joselu type of signing instead. If we head into next season with our current RW options we'll struggle for 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.