View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy that he played well, I really am, but there was just something about the performance I didn't like overall. I've been behind giving Memphis time all season and have always said and thought he would come good with time and I still think that, I just didn't really enjoy the performance tonight.

Like I said in the original post, let's see how Sunday goes. If he can come even close to that against Arsenal I'll be beyond happy to admit my reaction tonight wasn't warranted.

He did horrible, horrible things to their right back, who probably wishes he was sent off earlier. Simply sensational performance though, hopefully he can keep it up.
He was trying to get a second yellow but he couldn't get anywhere near him.

I'm buzzing after this performance. It isn't comparable to Brugge, this was much better, a complete performance. The sky's the limit with this guy. I have all the time in the world with players who are constantly trying to do something positive.

Very good game from him, but let's see him string a few together now.

Another cracking performance against 'lesser' opposition tonight. I hope that he can use this one as a springboard for performances against better opponents going forward. Where better to start than against Arsenal this weekend!

Played really well. Hope he can kick on.

With his strength and athleticism he has the real potential to be a monster attacking player for us. Physically and technically bullied his full back today.

Wow what a performance. The best he has had in a United shirt. Hopefully Martial is fit on Sunday. And also hoping Memphis transfers his European form into the Premier League.

I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority but honestly his performance tonight made me dislike him quite a bit. He hasn't played well since Brugge and then comes out and starts showing off against a league one caliber team. He obviously was extremely good but the cockiness was unwarranted after the season he's had.

That said, hopefully this is the confidence boost he needs to finally start fulfilling some of his potential. We'll see Sunday - but I'm not expecting a performance even remotely close to as good as that.

I'm happy that he played well, I really am, but there was just something about the performance I didn't like overall. I've been behind giving Memphis time all season and have always said and thought he would come good with time and I still think that, I just didn't really enjoy the performance tonight.

Like I said in the original post, let's see how Sunday goes. If he can come even close to that against Arsenal I'll be beyond happy to admit my reaction tonight wasn't warranted.
If you can't enjoy a performance like that there's quite simply something very wrong with you.

Looks a different player. Quick, nimble, purposeful rather than the slow, flat footed version we've seen for most of the season. Hopefully he keeps it up.

If you can't enjoy a performance like that there's quite simply something very wrong with you.

I don't have too many positives watching United at the moment to be fair. I've sort've backed myself in to a corner with how much I dislike LVG.

Rashford tonight and Martial against Liverpool were probably two of the only things I've genuinely enjoyed this season.

I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority but honestly his performance tonight made me dislike him quite a bit. He hasn't played well since Brugge and then comes out and starts showing off against a league one caliber team. He obviously was extremely good but the cockiness was unwarranted after the season he's had.

That said, hopefully this is the confidence boost he needs to finally start fulfilling some of his potential. We'll see Sunday - but I'm not expecting a performance even remotely close to as good as that.

I know. He was all like, 'check me out being entertaining and doing tricks and giving a sustained impression of my full potential against admittedly inferior opposition'. Makes my blood boil!

If you have to choose between Martial or Memphis to play on the left wing... who would you choose? (Don't say Martial as striker)

Probably Martial, if Rooney is in form.

Based on tonight's performance it's Memphis. It's his natural position.

The big BUT is consistency... First time I've seen him play so well ands it's tainted as its against much inferior defenders than he has to perform against.

But it's a great performance to get under his belt and hopefully will inject a bolt of confidence to accelerate delivery of his potential

But, when in form, Memphis showed that he can make the position his own. You could see that he took the game upon his shoulders and basically demanded the ball.

I wonder if some of it is psychological. Among the front 3 today, you could say he was the big dog, but when he plays with Martial or Rooney, it seems he defers a bit. I see it a bit when coaching kids. Some kids are good to very good, but when teamed with similar or better players, they take a half step back and don't shine as much. Today, he looked at Rashford & Lingard and figured he's gonna have to be THE MAN, and the burden helped him flourish. Granted, he wasn't playing the best defense, but you could also see the team was looking for him more often, and not play at the periphery.

Whatever it is, I hope it continues. It will be interesting to see if Martial is available and how Memphis reacts to it & this game.

Flat track bully :devil:

I'm fecking kidding

I think you're just as confused as the rest of us when seeing a United player entertaining the crowd with silky skills for the first time in 200 years, you just react a bit differently to it. I bet there was atleast one Aboriginese which reaction drew association to the phrase 'party like it's 1999' when that scary white man arrived Down Under despite the majority being sceptical. Or I'm just shit at making analogies.

Maybe I just don't want to get my hopes up? Maybe I'm just frustrated that this is only the second time this season he's shown how good he can be. Who knows, I can't really describe exactly what irked me. Can't help it though, I wasn't impressed.

Last edited:
Flipped it to God/beast mode tonight and his performance alone would have made the game worth watching. Really hope this can be the launchpad for a good run of form to help us salvage something from this season.

His attitude was fantastic as well, you could see how determined he was to make things happen (almost a Ronaldoesque drive about him tonight) and he didn't let anything get in his way. Really glad he got the goal to cap it off.

Ronaldo-esque according to an early caller to Talksport.

I shall refrain from calling him Memphis Bellend for the first half of Sunday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.