5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed up to the venue and TURNED UP

Best individual performance by any United players in the last three seasons or so. Crap opposition etc etc but in the first 60 minutes, he was dragging the whole team with him. What a performance. Please carry this performance against Arsenal!

Brilliant game, today he showed why he was/is a highly rated youngster. Hope it gives him a big boost and he can step it up in the PL too.

I have not seen a fullback get destroyed like that ever, like what Depay did to his man today. People were bashing him, but I seen in the start of the season, he can take out 3 players at once with skills, the talent is there, the best thing about him, is when the going gets tough he doesnt shy away, keep trying non stop to beat his man

Phenomenal performance. Trickery, technique, pace, power, delivery and a goal. If he can adapt to the PL level quickly, we could have a cracking player. So far the step up has been a culture shock for him. But tonight was evidence of his natural ability. That was as enjoyable a performance by a united player as a I can remember for a long long time.

Great performance, to be fair I have never seen him play this well, even in the Eredivisie. But it was against weak opposition, just hope he has a positive performance vs Arsenal.

It reminded me his game against Spain.

Edit: And he has no attitude problems.

why? The level of opposition makes all the difference. What separates the good players from the average. You're talking about opposition from Denmark who haven't played in 2 months and had won 1 in 10 before beating us. We are talking about a side as bad as some of the dutch teams. Memphis today looked as though he was back in Holland where as he quoted "he can do what he wants" If Zaha or bolasie played against this level opposition it would be more embarrassing. Save it till the Arsenal match before hyping his talents. He played bloody well though so good on him. I just fear him getting put in the pocket of the pacey Bellarin and not being up to standard again
He was doing things on the pitch that most players can't. Not just with the insane skill he was pulling off to go past players but his passing, crossing, touch and finishing was on another level. If it's so easy to look THAT good why didn't we see any other United player do it? Why didn't Martial do it last week?

Actually quite shocking to see him play quite as good as he just did, when you consider what he's been like for a lot of the season. Just sensational today.

And yeah, they're a shit team - doesn't really matter though. His pace, his close control, his vision, skill, just everything was all so much more on point than we've seen before. He genuinely looked like a different player. Said it in the matchday thread, it reminded me of watching a young Ronaldo

That's more like it, the rabona panna will be remembered for a long time. Let's not forget he also did quite well in the limited playing time he got at the World Cup, scoring two goals.

If he keeps his shit together and stays focused on football he'll be an excellent player in a couple of years.

A lot more of the same please. If possible.

Well, whatever the level of opposition, that was some good, old fashioned fun.

Loved it. Actual entertainment!

Brilliant performance. However, the full back he was up against was dreadful. The opposition in general were poor too. Memphis was great against Brugge too.

Still worried he can't convert it against decent teams.

Looks a lot leaner than he did before Christmas. Back then he looked awkwardly muscular, like Micah Richards used to do.

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do. He got better and better as the game went on. Hope he can carry it into the Arsenal game.

Confidence, he's needed it and hopefully this will allow him to move on in the Premier League. I have seen performances like that from him at PSV. Here's hoping he can repeat against Arsenal.

These are the kind of performances I was expecting from him most weeks when he signed. Hopefully he can do it when we're not playing piss poor teams in Europe.

Even so, most excitement I've seen from anyone in a United shirt in an age :drool:

He was fantastic tonight. Everything was coming off for him.

It reminded me his game against Spain.

Edit: And he has no attitude problems.

That was until now the best performance I'd ever seen from him he was an animal vs spain and was all over the park, I watch the highlights video from that game every now and again it could only ever be a let down for me when thats what I expected from him for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.