View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't going to lose with him on the pitch tonight. Incredible performance.

Confidence, he's needed it and hopefully this will allow him to move on in the Premier League. I have seen performances like that from him at PSV. Here's hoping he can repeat against Arsenal.

May be if they play Chambers at RB.

The one thing that tells that he is a hard worker is his left foot, he is a lot better with it now.

Even a touch of class in the post match interview.

He will be a big player for us and will be a joy to watch when he's in a flowing team. A combination of us expecting him to carry the team from the get go (since he wasn't gonna get any help from the established players) and him thinking (I actually don't know what he is thinking but basing it on his attitude on the pitch) this will be an easy ride has been a match made in hell so far but I do believe he got more in his locker than, let's say Nani, who he usually is being compared against. I just refuse to believe he will fail.

Mind boggling performance, absolutely incredible.

It's like he took that pill from Limitless.

why? The level of opposition makes all the difference. What separates the good players from the average. You're talking about opposition from Denmark who haven't played in 2 months and had won 1 in 10 before beating us. We are talking about a side as bad as some of the dutch teams. Memphis today looked as though he was back in Holland where as he quoted "he can do what he wants" If Zaha or bolasie played against this level opposition it would be more embarrassing. Save it till the Arsenal match before hyping his talents. He played bloody well though so good on him. I just fear him getting put in the pocket of the pacey Bellarin and not being up to standard again
No doubt the onus is on him to prove himself at the highest level and he's still a long way off from doing that but there's a reason why he looked streets ahead of any player on the park today and that's because the kid does have bags of ability. The question for me is about application. I don't see any reason why if he works hard he can't adapt to a higher level when he's taking the piss (when confident) against a lower one when no one else is. But it's up to him to do that and establish himself. Otherwise it'll just be wasted talent.

Wow what a bloody performance.

Hope he can carry this form now and confidence. LVG needs to give him freedom.

Excellent performance, yes the opposition weren't all that good but this was a young team that needed someone to spark them and lead and he did that.

He was sensational today, best performance I have seen from a United player this season.

This season? This is easily the performance of the last 5 seasons. The highlights of this are going to be really, really long

Confidence, he's needed it and hopefully this will allow him to move on in the Premier League. I have seen performances like that from him at PSV. Here's hoping he can repeat against Arsenal.

How do I stop him...

If you have to choose between Martial or Memphis to play on the left wing... who would you choose? (Don't say Martial as striker)

I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority but honestly his performance tonight made me dislike him quite a bit. He hasn't played well since Brugge and then comes out and starts showing off against a league one caliber team. He obviously was extremely good but the cockiness was unwarranted after the season he's had.

That said, hopefully this is the confidence boost he needs to finally start fulfilling some of his potential. We'll see Sunday - but I'm not expecting a performance even remotely close to as good as that.

If you have to choose between Martial or Memphis to play on the left wing... who would you choose? (Don't say Martial as striker)
Memphis as a striker.

I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority but honestly his performance tonight made me dislike him quite a bit. He hasn't played well since Brugge and then comes out and starts showing off against a league one caliber team. He obviously was extremely good but the cockiness was unwarranted after the season he's had.

That said, hopefully this is the confidence boost he needs to finally start fulfilling some of his potential. We'll see Sunday - but I'm not expecting a performance even remotely close to as good as that.
Odd. His tricks were all purposeful.

I can understand where you're coming from but I cannot agree with it. Cockiness is doing pointless tricks when you could have kept it a lot simpler. There wasn't a single trick that Depay did tonight that didn't have a purpose.

I like him, but he has been dreadful in the premiership, and the fact he looked stunning tonight tells us all we need to know about the opposition.

Good God.

Yep you're in the minority.

His 'cocky' tricks all had reason and purpose and mostly advanced our play. Likewise after such a poor season, it's fantastic that he had the confidence to try such skills.

I want to see a lot more of this from him - it's essential for any wide forward to delay such skills.

Last edited:
Soccer AM's Showboat is going to be about an hour and a half long.

Yep you're in the minority.

His 'cocky' tricks all had reason and purpose and mostly advanced our play. Likewise it's fantastic after such a poor season that he had the confidence to try such skills.

I want to see a lot more of this from him - it's essential for any wide forward to delay such skills.

To expand on this, he also tried the tricks and flicks at the right time. When the game was on, he kept it relatively simple. When the game was in our favour, then they began ramping up. When the game was won, it was party time.

Plays well with freedom imo. Think he needs a run of games (but to be looked after carefully, in terms of subbing him when hes getting tired to keep him fresh).

I do however expect the pattern of people saying "fly him back to Holland" when he next gives the ball away or tries something and it doesnt work (probably on Sunday).
I like him because he keeps trying things.

Based on tonight's performance it's Memphis. It's his natural position.

The big BUT is consistency... First time I've seen him play so well ands it's tainted as its against much inferior defenders than he has to perform against.

But it's a great performance to get under his belt and hopefully will inject a bolt of confidence to accelerate delivery of his potential

Bizarre post.

Tell me he isn't a confidence player! Question his performances but those questioning his talent are ridiculous.
I feel like we put too much on his shoulders too early. With the no7 shirt and being an automatic starter straight away he struggled to build up any momentum.

Hope he carries the forward into Premiership games.

He did horrible, horrible things to their right back, who probably wishes he was sent off earlier. Simply sensational performance though, hopefully he can keep it up.

He's gonna have a long highlights reel from tonight. As everyone is saying, this is the player we thought we signed in the first place. You just hope this is the making of his Man Utd career. If anyone can teach him how to harness his attacking potential it's Giggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.