View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've just shown the build up to the Chelsea goal, and the way Memphis gives the ball away is unforgivable.

We're 1-0 up, have the ball towards the corner flag in Chelsea's half, we have a 4 on 2 situation. Memphis could have just as easily turned back and kept possession and we don't concede. Instead, he tries a nonsense pass that he messes up, Courtois picks up the ball and Chelsea go ahead and score.

As a professional footballer that is just not acceptable.

Quit driving around in range rovers, piss off with that goldenboy/ playboy lifestyle, put in some hard work on the training field and maybe you'll achieve something in your career. Otherwise you're just going to be an expensive flop. Achieved nothing so far, but thinks he's a post-Balon d'Or Messi. Shithouse needs to get his arse in gear.

Something like this.

Something is not right with Depay. I think you're right, he has fallen for his own hype and not figured out that the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldo and Messi were the best because they worked the hardest in training and made huge sacrifices in their personal life.

Right now, I'm thourougly unimpressed.

The way he gave the ball away was pathetic, but that's where it ends. So, what were our midfielders & defenders doing after that, where was Smalling? And what was Blind doing jumping out like that like an idiot?
He was playing the line when he saw all the Chelsea players were in front of the goal and looking to pass through. If CBJ follows as he was initially instead of tracking the ball and doing a step back when Blind was moving up, it's clear offside and a very smart defensive play.

Memphis needs taken out the back and the ego slapped off him. Absolutely stinkin application from a "professional" this season.

People going a bit overboard with that pass.. Yes he should've played it better but shit happens. It's not his fault that the center backs were nowhere to be seen. It was a stupid situation to put him on in anyway. Barely plays a minute in recent weeks, then suddenly comes on when we've parked the bus. Makes no sense. He'll be fine long term, just needs time and confidence back.

No. It was an unforgivable piece of bad decision making. Unforgivable because Memphis is supposedly a professional and its monents like these that seperate pub footballers from professional ones.

Poor pass but we had so many opportunities to stop it afterwards and ballsed it up. He needs time and patience.

I don't think he was ready for the move to United and it has probably come a year too early for him. Van Gaal admitted that he was forced to step in because PSG were pushing hard for him. I hope he can sort himself out.

He's got to improve on this next season surely. He's starting from such a low standard it's hard not to.

This season is a complete write off for him. He's young and has time to adapt and I hope he does it, but we're not in a position as a club right now to hold his hand for too long.

So we did play with 9 men then?? Didn't see Rooney much either today. Was too slow always when he got the ball.. Even Lingard was poor but he scored a fantastic goal.

He is actually horrific. Never ever, ever want to see him put on the United shirt again. Disgraceful shit, needs to get his head out of his arse whilst he is at it

He is actually horrific. Never ever, ever want to see him put on the United shirt again. Disgraceful shit, needs to get his head out of his arse whilst he is at it

Depay loosing the ball close to the oppositions box doesn't cover up Blind's slip and Borthwick-Jackson playing Costa onside. Maybe they should never play again?

Depay loosing the ball close to the oppositions box doesn't cover up Blind's slip and Borthwick-Jackson playing Costa onside. Maybe they should never play again?

No because they haven't been anywhere near as bad as he has whenever they have played? Yeah they are to blame for the goal, but obviously we can't just flame at them given the context of the situation. Depay is just constantly rubbish, it is like watching Nani at his worst except that there are no good moments amongst the pile of dog turd that he serves up most of the time

No because they haven't been anywhere near as bad as he has whenever they have played? Yeah they are to blame for the goal, but obviously we can't just flame at them given the context of the situation. Depay is just constantly rubbish, it is like watching Nani at his worst except that there are no good moments amongst the pile of dog turd that he serves up most of the time

Both have them have much better confidence than Memphis... Memphis has not played much last fews and at the same time Lingard has not been playing well either, but 2 goals in his two last games does help him a lot tho... Sometimes you can play poor but score goals.. Before we can judge Memphis he needs to get a run of games just like Lingard has.

This board is ridiculous if we are actually blaming Depay for that goal. Some of the comments here are laughable. If you did not see that goal coming before Depay even came on then you should probably stick to highlights on Youtube and MOTD. That goal was the team's fault, at one stage Chelsea had 93% possession while we sat back, did you think it wasn't going to tell? The truth is that we bottled it and trying to mask the shame behind the young guy is just pathetic.

What is even funnier is the amount posters wanting him sold after one season. If anyone expected a 20 year old from the Dutch league coming to the PL under this philosophy to tear up the league, then thay should lay off the FM. Martial is an anomaly, and we should not put such pressure of Depay. Yes, he should be doing much better, like everyone in the squad but to write him off is just silly talk. It is normal for a young player to be inconsistent, talk less of in the PL. It is part of progression. There is also every chance that he could be performing really well, if he was in the same team that Ronaldo broke into with us. Fans need to consider what percentage of 20 year old forwards really shine in the first team, on a consistent basis. It's almost like we are comparing him with a 21 year old Messi or Ronaldo, maybe we should compare Rooney to a 30 year old Ronaldo or Fellaini to a 30 year old Alonso too.

That pass was horrific. It was a simple square pass.

I don't blame him for the goal. I blame him for fecking up a simple pass that no professional footballer should do. Hitting Azpilicueta with the ball was fecking criminal and I'm still pissed off.

Look at this shit..

12687932_1129053347114456_812616004977564361_n.jpg

I'd say you're the disgraceful shit, but I won't (because I'm civilized). He didn't do well, and he's had a poor season for us, but this is beyond unnecessary. He's still young, he's still learning, and he's playing in a system that isn't really suited to his strengths.

This board is ridiculous if we are actually blaming Depay for that goal. Some of the comments here are laughable. If you did not see that goal coming before Depay even came on then you should probably stick to highlights on Youtube and MOTD. That goal was the team's fault, at one stage Chelsea had 93% possession while we sat back, did you think it wasn't going to tell? The truth is that we bottled it and trying to mask the shame behind the young guy is just pathetic.

What is even funnier is the amount posters wanting him sold after one season. If anyone expected a 20 year old from the Dutch league coming to the PL under this philosophy to tear up the league, then thay should lay off the FM. Martial is an anomaly, and we should not put such pressure of Depay. Yes, he should be doing much better, like everyone in the squad but to write him off is just silly talk. It is normal for a young player to be inconsistent, talk less of in the PL. It is part of progression. There is also every chance that he could be performing really well, if he was in the same team that Ronaldo broke into with us. Fans need to consider what percentage of 20 year old forwards really shine in the first team, on a consistent basis. It's almost like we are comparing him with a 21 year old Messi or Ronaldo, maybe we should compare Rooney to a 30 year old Ronaldo or Fellaini to a 30 year old Alonso too.
I especially love it when people point to an early bloomer and use that as a reason for why Depay can never be good enough, as if we've never seen late bloomers.

It's a good thing you don't make the decisions at OT

I'd say you're the disgraceful shit, but I won't (because I'm civilized). He didn't do well, and he's had a poor season for us, but this is beyond unnecessary. He's still young, he's still learning, and he's playing in a system that isn't really suited to his strengths.

I especially love it when people point to an early bloomer and use that as a reason for why Depay can never be good enough, as if we've never seen late bloomers.

What are his strengths because I keep hearing that all the time? What are this guy's fortes? I'm really eager to hear that given that there were plenty of people who wanted to take Lingard's place and give it to Depay.

I don't blame him for the goal. I blame him for fecking up a simple pass that no professional footballer should do. Hitting Azpilicueta with the ball was fecking criminal and I'm still pissed off.

Look at this shit..

What that doesn't show is that we have a 3 v 1 if he makes that simple pass.

I was going to offer a tiny bit of sympathy because this mistake is miles away from where/how they scored.

But someone just mentioned the Stoke header, so now I can't.

The guy's a complete nightmare signing, atm.

Maybe I am... I'm not denying it. I don't really give a damn though, whatever system he is playing in, he has no reason to have failed the pass (you can see the picture above, anyone could have made that bloody pass). He is going to be 22 in a few days and you want to make these excuses about systems when he can't even make a pass that a damn 5 year old could make. Lets make it clear, I am not blaming today's draw on him only but when you look at the bigger picture (minus Brugge), he hasn't done anything even remotely useful for us.

Look at this shit..

Shocking really. Martial was there too, 30 million pounds and he can't provide the right ball in that situation, unreal, why are people even defending him?

Needs to be shown patience and needs a calming and controlling figure in the dressing room. He is definitely talented but he needs to put his head down and chill out a bit.

Or else he'll go the Di Maria route next...

No come on, enough of that common sense on here....let people have their usual dog to kick. I'm surprised their not blaming Felliani even though he wasn't on the pitch....!!!

All he had to do was either take the ball into the corner to waste some time or play a simple pass to Schneiderlin who was in plenty of space but no he stupidly gave the ball away and cost us the game. No idea why van Gaal took Lingard off and brought him on, Lingard works a lot harder for the team than this guy ever has, bloody useless.

Think the hysteria around Memphis for the goal today is pathetic. He tried a neat pass, defender almost flicked ot out for a corner where we could have wasted time. Instead the goalie got it. He jogged back at the same speed as Martial who was playing the same position on the opposite wing. Was it 30 seconds? Or more? that past until the goal went in? Get over yourselves. Had nothing to do with Memphis. Could blame any number of players for losing possesion in injury time.

That's bullshit. He couldn't complete a fecking 5 yards pass, it was not a neat pass by any means. No hollywood pass, no skills flick, no no-look pass, nothing. He wasn't spriting while doing it, he wasn't under pressure, he essentially fecked up a simple pass and couldn't bother to track back afterwards.

This place is as bad as Twitter when it comes to over-reacting and the whole "must find somebody to blame to take my anger out on".

The worst thing about this United critics is how soon they forget how young these guys, the situation they have been thrown. Januzaj, McNair, Lingard, CBJ et al have all been thrown at some of United's lowest points in recent history but what amazes me is how we forget how well they did when they first came on the scene. I remember when Januzaj came on in the Moyes era, an 18 year old literally lit up our hearts and OT when the so called experienced manager and senior players where doing rubbish. He was abnormally good under such circumstances. Fast forward a couple of months and after a series of poor performances as expected from a young player, the RedCafe faithful started throwing stones at the kid. Same with McNair, who came on in an injury hit period and was also a revelation, he is now McMare. Same with Lingard. I can only imagine the abuse Martial and CBJ will get if they put in a string of poor performances. Give me strength.

There was a split=second when the pass looked on for a moment & MS might have even started to show for it and then change his mind. At that same split-second Memphis is making his (poor) decision, which has an element of bad luck. If it's the 2nd minute and/or they don't score, it's just one of those things, probably.

But he does put a strain on one's patience, to say the least.

He was playing the line when he saw all the Chelsea players were in front of the goal and looking to pass through. If CBJ follows as he was initially instead of tracking the ball and doing a step back when Blind was moving up, it's clear offside and a very smart defensive play.
Sorry but as the last defender that poor defensive play, no matter how you spin it. That movement left the backline exposed and also led to Bojacks resulting lapse because he was already marking someone else. Smalling was blamed for same type of defending the other week.

There was a split=second when the pass looked on for a moment & MS might have even started to show for it and then change his mind. At that same split-second Memphis is making his (poor) decision, which has an element of bad luck. If it's the 2nd minute and/or they don't score, it's just one of those things, probably.

But he does put a strain on one's patience, to say the least.

A proper fair comment. It really is just one of those things.

Ronaldo even made more poor decisions than these, we just had a very good team to mask his errors. Imagine a young Ronaldo in this team, deary me. this board would have skinned him alive.

As much as I like him, he frustrates me a lot but he still needs time to mature.

It's almost like we are comparing him with a 21 year old Messi or Ronaldo, maybe we should compare Rooney to a 30 year old Ronaldo or Fellaini to a 30 year old Alonso too.

No people have had to come down to comparing him to the current Young, Valencia and Lingard. He still comes out looking shite.

Coming to a new league is all nice and good a decent excuse for being inconsistent. It's not an excuse for being complete dog turd right from the off.

Even if he comes good, I've seen nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that level will ever be good enough for United even as a squad player. We should stop wasting his and our time and let go off him. He's not good enough.

This would all be completely fair if it actually applied to Memphis but it doesn't at all. 'Inconsistent' would imply there was a time where Memphis was actually good or showed something. The simple fact is he hasn't, he's been here 6 months and he's played well twice.
He has literally shown nothing, I don't think I've ever seen a young player at United show so little in terms of quality and effort, I mean what is he good at? what are his main attributes? I dont actually have any idea because he has shown nothing.
With young players you can always tell what they're good at quickly,Rooney was his tenacity, Ronaldo was his dribbling, Martial his composure, Lingard his work ethic, with Memphis I literally don't know what it is he's meant to be good at. Well that's a lie, I know he's very good at going to the gym and making himself bulkier and driving very expensive cars. Not sure how we can use any of those things in matches but there you go.

To be honest, he rubs me the wrong way, his pathetic performances coupled with his showman attitude off the pitch tell me here's a young guy with the wrong attitude, he won't make it here because he thinks he already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.