View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
mostly when he's put on the pitch. he's not good enough. should be left out of he team. shows very little. tin man , no heart.
Most players "show very little" when they come on late in games at the age of 21/22 and your team has 7% possession.

Well if he's got half a footballing brain in the first place those mess-ups wouldn't have happened, wouldn't it?

He's making bad decisions because, underneath the front, he's actually caking himself. Van Gaal was wrong about him, he hasn't got the mentality for this level. He's a far inferior version of Nani. If we wanted a confidence player out right we could've stuck with the Portuguese.

Schneiderlin was very tentative but Memphis should have taken control of the situation and forced him to go either way. He was just careless. It wasn't just pure bad luck that they scored seconds later either - the fact he didn't track back was a pretty key factor in them working the ball forward up the left wing before progressing the play.

Yeah just seen it again and if he had tracked back he definitely would have been in a position to influence the play when it came back to one of the Chelsea players (think it was Willian). Poor from him.

Limited player? That's a bit harsh mate! Did you not see his goal? Would Memphis have scored one like that? He'd have probably been walking around in his own world miles away, or smashed it into row z of the stand that isn't even behind the goal.

I'm not saying Memphis is better than Lingard. I'd take Lingard over him every day of the week. His goal was an immense finish and he took it incredibly well.

The goal aside, I think he was struggling to impose himself in the game when he had the ball, but I'm saying he should have stayed on anyway because he will also put in more legwork than Memphis even if he's running on fumes. It was a tireless performance from him and they didn't get much joy down our right until Lingard went off and that lazy lump came on.

I can't fault his work rate, and he's capable of some very tidy finishes, but he is a little limited overall. I thought that was the general consensus here? The matchday thread were begging for him to be subbed off at half time, and that seems to happen nearly every game.

We need to be ruthless. He needs to be sold. No more keeping players around for a 3/4 years in the hope that they realize their potential and he's not even that talented.

Inexcusable? Every one of our players makes a bad pass. It's not a very abnormal thing to happen. He jogs back because he had no chance to getting back in time. The bigger issue was CBJ playing Costa onside and then not connecting with his tackle. Memphis is an easy target though.
That's not true.

Most players "show very little" when they come on late in games at the age of 21/22 and your team has 7% possession.

so when has he been good enough to demand a starting place. that short time on the pitch has been his normal form. shit end product and no desire to play.

Clearly a player who is lacking match sharpness. I keep waiting for the light to go on but I'm losing patience with him and don't want him anywhere near the team. He just doesn't project the right attitude of a player fighting for his place or the success of the team.

Just a bulky, lethargic...lump, void of any desire or commitment to the cause. Lose a couple of stones and you may get your explosiveness and confidence back.

I'm not saying Memphis is better than Lingard. I'd take Lingard over him every day of the week. His goal was an immense finish and he took it incredibly well.

The goal aside, I think he was struggling to impose himself in the game when he had the ball, but I'm saying he should have stayed on anyway because he will also put in more legwork than Memphis even if he's running on fumes. It was a tireless performance from him and they didn't get much joy down our right until Lingard went off and that lazy lump came on.

I can't fault his work rate, and he's capable of some very tidy finishes, but he is a little limited overall. I thought that was the general consensus here? The matchday thread were begging for him to be subbed off at half time, and that seems to happen nearly every game.

Limited isn't the word I'd use. Developing youngster is more like it. Either way, like you I'd never go Memphis over him, and could see Mourinho if he came in, shipping Memphis as quick as anything. Back to the dutch league for a massive cut price fee.

What was he brought on for in the first place? We weren't arsed about getting out of our own half so it's pretty evident he'd be in areas he shouldn't be, and effectively useless. Someone needs to tell him he's not a professional weightlifter as well, probably the least agile winger we've ever had ffs.

Really mystified by the fact that his touches are really bad and he loses possession ever so easily lately.

What a f*****. Forgot all about football and decided to play it as if it was the 5th minute instead of a game where victory was important. Why do you pass through to Schneiderlin instead of just passing the ball on the side or keeping the ball? What did he learn at PSV?!?

It's harsh to hammer him, but I'm going to anyway. His attempt at a pass inside to Schneiderlin was absolutely pathetic.

so when has he been good enough to demand a starting place. that short time on the pitch has been his normal form. shit end product and no desire to play.
Oh he's definitely not been good enough for us this season. And it's looking a terribly spent 25-30 million right now. If a new manager takes over in the summer and he's still not looking up to the level required, then I'd consider loaning him out for a season.

Also, it was a bit of a poor substitution by LVG as well. Needing to be defensively solid and get a bit more of the ball, Memphis, given the season he's had, and that too on the right, was a strange choice.

I hope this can serve as some kind of turning point for him. Not the first time he has put the team pressure after coming on, it's simply not good enough. He has ability but needs to switch on and graft.

Confidence player and he has none. Doesn't help that he wins a pen v Sheffield, sets up a goal v Newcastle and then doesn't see the pitch again.

But he needs to realise at an absolute minimum that he needs to work hard here. That's how Lingard and Young are here and playing.

Not writing him off yet and some of you need to have a word with yourselves, the abuse you're giving him.

Think the hysteria around Memphis for the goal today is pathetic. He tried a neat pass, defender almost flicked ot out for a corner where we could have wasted time. Instead the goalie got it. He jogged back at the same speed as Martial who was playing the same position on the opposite wing. Was it 30 seconds? Or more? that past until the goal went in? Get over yourselves. Had nothing to do with Memphis. Could blame any number of players for losing possesion in injury time.

He had a bit weak season but today he went full retard.

If Nani and Chicha were still here they would convert that with eyes closed.

Remind me again why he wears no.7? A series of under-achievers have degraded that iconic number.

They've just shown the build up to the Chelsea goal, and the way Memphis gives the ball away is unforgivable.

We're 1-0 up, have the ball towards the corner flag in Chelsea's half, we have a 4 on 2 situation. Memphis could have just as easily turned back and kept possession and we don't concede. Instead, he tries a nonsense pass that he messes up, Courtois picks up the ball and Chelsea go ahead and score.

As a professional footballer that is just not acceptable.

Quit driving around in range rovers, piss off with that goldenboy/ playboy lifestyle, put in some hard work on the training field and maybe you'll achieve something in your career. Otherwise you're just going to be an expensive flop. Achieved nothing so far, but thinks he's a post-Balon d'Or Messi. Shithouse needs to get his arse in gear.

What can you say... 4 vs 2, no pressure and he gives it to Chelsea. Very disappointed with him and not only in this game.

Think the hysteria around Memphis for the goal today is pathetic. He tried a neat pass, defender almost flicked ot out for a corner where we could have wasted time. Instead the goalie got it. He jogged back at the same speed as Martial who was playing the same position on the opposite wing. Was it 30 seconds? Or more? that past until the goal went in? Get over yourselves. Had nothing to do with Memphis. Could blame any number of players for losing possesion in injury time.

I don't think anyone should blame Memphis for the goal itself, more just comment that he was a bit crap when he came on (which he was) and/or that he should never have been brought on in the first place (he shouldn't have)... but regardless, the comaprison with Martial doesn't really wake because a) Memphis hadn't played 90 minutes of football and b) the ball didn't go out to Martials side.

Ultimately, he lost the ball cheaply when it was easier to keep it/play someone in - during a crucial period of the game... that is worthy of criticism in itself.

People going a bit overboard with that pass.. Yes he should've played it better but shit happens. It's not his fault that the center backs were nowhere to be seen. It was a stupid situation to put him on in anyway. Barely plays a minute in recent weeks, then suddenly comes on when we've parked the bus. Makes no sense. He'll be fine long term, just needs time and confidence back.

The moment the substitution was made, my mate sent me a text saying "calamity will cost us. Tw*t has no work ethic."

He was referring to Depay, obviously, and he was unfortunately proven right. His decision making, desire and work ethic leading up to the Chelsea goal was truly shocking. Nevermind the poor attempt at a pass, or the inability to track back, he could have gone for the corner flag and won us the game.

He seems like a talented young lad whose head isn't screwed on right. If he doesn't knuckle down quickly he could throw away his United career.

4 players man... Memphis, Schneiderlin, Mata and Martial, and only 2 defenders. You have to score, Chelsea players were not chasing back, they were mentally destroyed.

The way he gave the ball away was pathetic, but that's where it ends. So, what were our midfielders & defenders doing after that, where was Smalling? And what was Blind doing jumping out like that like an idiot?

People going a bit overboard with that pass.. Yes he should've played it better but shit happens. It's not his fault that the center backs were nowhere to be seen. It was a stupid situation to put him on in anyway. Barely plays a minute in recent weeks, then suddenly comes on when we've parked the bus. Makes no sense. He'll be fine long term, just needs time and confidence back.

Err the player he was supposed to pass to and who was supporting his run was one of the centre backs, who managed to get back to somewhere close to the action when the goal was scored.
That being said i think the worse decision was substituting Fellaini, who was performing solidly in defence and midfield.
Neither Depay or Schneiderlin have really clicked for us so far but i really don't think they're at the "should never wear a utd shirt again" stage. We need to support our players who are going through difficult time not sh*t all over them

Status
Not open for further replies.