2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

It's matches like this, with the passion, perseverence and determination on full display, that make me believe he could be our next skipper after Bruno.

I believe De Ligt will be our XI CB for many years to come. Hopefully we can play Yoro, De Ligt and Martinez together where Martinez moves between a back 4 to a back 4. Pushing Dalot up on the right with Amad or Rashford drifting inside to support the attack. I also see De Ligt as future captain.

De ligt x Yoro as our main CB pairing? :drool:

Could maybe see that pairing against Ipswich, although more likely Bodo Glimt after the November international break. Apparently expected to join team training in early November

Excellent performance. The only quibble would be his decision that resulted in the head gash, but he played through it and played brilliantly.

If Yoro can come into the side and out perform Martinez, I think this is the partnership we need going forward.

If Yoro can come into the side and out perform Martinez, I think this is the partnership we need going forward.
Yoro hasn't even kicked a ball for us in a competitive match. Some of you people..... :lol:

Yoro hasn't even kicked a ball for us in a competitive match. Some of you people..... :lol:

I said "if" he can come into the side and out perform a Martinez who isn't at his best. Not sure what the problem is there? Not like Yoro was a cheap buy either, obviously we're expecting more from him then the average CB signing.

Tbf, he said "if" and Yoro is also tipped to be the next big thing among CBs. It's not outlandish.

:lol:

This place is pretty crazy sometimes..
He was useless weeks ago but now he is a captain and full of heart.

Best example how media and fans are fickle. He is our best defender this year. By far.
But only one bad game (Porto) was enough to call him as "no better than Maguire".

Best example how media and fans are fickle. He is our best defender this year. By far.
But only one bad game (Porto) was enough to call him as "no better than Maguire".

He was awful vs Spurs to be fair.

But yesterday was much more like it. From him individually but also from ETH. He's been asking way too much of his CB's.

I’m in a what’s app group of reds (it’s extremely negative ) and a message went up on it Saturday evening of fans fawning over De Ligt because he had a bit of blood coming from his head. It’s time I left that group I think . I have it muted and archived since

Yes, I do like DL. Obviously very brave. But I like the way he attacks the ball and tries to get to it first instead of sitting off. I do think that Jonny Evans helps him during the game and the 2 can be a very effective partnership.

This place is soooo unstable! :lol:

:lol:

This place is pretty crazy sometimes..
He was useless weeks ago but now he is a captain and full of heart.

Or perhaps this site has a huge user base, and that user base has a diverse set of opinions. Some posters like De Ligt and some dislike De Ligt, for whatever their reasons, maybe they preferred signing someone else, whatever it might be. So when De Ligt plays bad, his critics come out and they can use it to prove they were right about not signing him or about who we should have signed instead, and when De Ligt plays good his fans come out and praise his performance and try to prove they were right about signing him all along.

This is the same with virtually every topic on this site, every argument has two sides and every side has some level of support amongst the fanbase, but the site is full of posts of people talking about how everyone is constantly flip flopping on their opinions and they look reactionary and irrational, when in reality it's just different sets of fans reiterating the opinions they have had all along.

It's 2024, people don't change their opinions, even when they realize they were wrong, they can't dare admit it in public. This site, sites like it, social media, etc are all just avenues for people to voice their opinion repeatedly, they are not places for genuine discussion where nuanced conversations can be had and views can be changed.

Still would have preferred a centre back with more pace but hopefully he might be able to form a partnership with yoro once back

We all bailing on Martinez now to favour Yoro? We’ve finally got some solid centre backs, they’re all great, and I’d stick with Martinez until Yoro properly breaks through

His Steve Bruce moment. Come on De Ligt! Some of you are miserable about everything. I rather live for small victories in these trying times.

The kind of physical performances I was hoping for from him. Just hoping he can establish a partnership with Martinez sooner rather than later but getting wins is what matters for now.

Exactly what I was thinking.
1 good game and he is the new Rio.
He's the new Vidic, get it right. :p

But seriously, he's been mostly good so far this season (albeit in some of those performances he did have one shaky moment per match) with just two or three poor performances. As such I certainly think some of the criticism has been overboard, with a lot of people seemingly writing him off as a flop or at least as a disappointment so far.

De Ligt has been immense for us this season. Not flawless, but he's our clear top CB. I'm excited to see what a partnership between De Ligt and Yoro would look like, particularly is Martinez can be effectively deployed as a LB for the rest of the season (I've given up on Shaw and Malacia) while Amass grows from boy to man.

That’s crazy, and probably the kind of hyperbole you have to put up with a lot as United. De Ligt has been really impressive.

West Ham 2:1 Man Utd New
Sort of good, but sort of always has that oafish sort of ability to give away a yellow or a late pen.

Trying to convince myself he's better than Maguire and we've not just done our usual of bringing a like for like, or worse player in.