2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He will get done occasionally, but that happens with most, and he offers A LOT. Great on the ball, a leader, very dangerous on set pieces, and only just entering his mid-20s. I think we’ve got a good deal here, and he looks like someone who can handle playing for United.

Given the week he’s had, and the scrutiny he’s under, I was surprised to give him the nod for MOTM.

We’ve been crying out for an established centre back pairing. Between him, Martinez and Yoro I hope we’ll finally get it.

Really good defensively apart from one moment and a excellent work in both boxes, he blocked a dangerous cross in our box and scored a goal in the their box.

I hope he starts to work in his progressive passes a bit more because the team needs that.

Amazing performance, got skinned by Walker Peters in that play but besides that he was great. Scored a goal as well, MOTM performance much needed after so many critics had sharpen their knives to slaughter him after the slightest mistake with us after his Netherlands performance.

Very good today. His clearance could easily have been an own goal from a less technically proficient player. Was strong in the challenge, decent on the ball and dangerous in the opposition box.

He also led Amad have it when he sold him short on a pass. He doesn’t hide away and isn’t afraid to let others know if they’re not at it.

Bit of a Vidic game (truly dominant in the air, marked the other team's forward out of the game, other team forced the ball to him in possession because the other CB is better on the ball, got cooked by a wide player).

Bit of a Vidic game (truly dominant in the air, marked the other team's forward out of the game, other team forced the ball to him in possession because the other CB is better on the ball, got cooked by a wide player).

Good shout. De Ligt does have a bit of Vidic about him.

Good performance. His pace will always be a problem but made up for it well with intelligent play and positioning.

I hope he calibres his aggressive high line game against the better opponents. Otherwise high chance he will get caught out of position.

Hth, he really reminds me of Maguire. Just a tinny bit mobile.
Nah, Maguire feels like a battle ship when he had to defend. De Ligt feels way more agile and faster on the turn. The only thing they share is that they aren't rapid.

He also strikes me as mentaly resilient. Despite the blunder for his NT, he came back and put in an amazing performance, something I've yet to see from Maguire. If anything he is more like Vidic lite, than Harry.

Hth, he really reminds me of Maguire. Just a tinny bit mobile.
His style of play, yes but De ligt has a bit more authority and leadership in his game. Maguire is solid himself but de ligt is a bit better in decisiveness.

Very good today. His clearance could easily have been an own goal from a less technically proficient player. Was strong in the challenge, decent on the ball and dangerous in the opposition box.

He also led Amad have it when he sold him short on a pass. He doesn’t hide away and isn’t afraid to let others know if they’re not at it.
Loved seeing this, casual and under hit passes in the direction of our own goal and into the middle of the pitch in our own half have become far too common under ten Hag, and seeing someone step up and clearly communicate that it’s unacceptable.

If he’s the kind of character he seems to be, De Ligt would encourage the same level of accountability being demanded of him in return.

His style of play, yes but De ligt has a bit more authority and leadership in his game. Maguire is solid himself but de ligt is a bit better in decisiveness.
Didn't say that was a bad thing. For the price we got him and the age he's in, he's a good buy.

I don't know. Authority, leadership, decisiveness; feels like those things are so abstract, thus hard to say who's better.

Didn't say that was a bad thing. For the price we got him and the age he's in, he's a good buy.

I don't know. Authority, leadership, decisiveness; feels like those things are so abstract, thus hard to say who's better.
He is alot better than Maguire. Its a bit of an insult to say otherwise. And I don’t think Maguire is a bad player but De Ligt is a clear level above him

He is alot better than Maguire. Its a bit of an insult to say otherwise. And I don’t think Maguire is a bad player but De Ligt is a clear level above him

Ok. Hopefully i'll be able to see this "a lot better" then.

Hopefully. I mean watch his UCL performances last season in the knockouts.

To be honest, I didn't really notice him on UCL last season, and have no interest to re-watch Bayern's :). I'll just watch our games. And my comment was just purely from his few games with us.

It is matter of opinion but I feel De ligt is a better defender than Maguire. Not that Maguire is bad. Maguire in his first season and a half was pretty solid himself but then we saw too many flaws in his game. De ligt whenever I have seen him play looks a top cb. His performance against Arsenal for example last season in CL was amazing.

It is matter of opinion but I feel De ligt is a better defender than Maguire. Not that Maguire is bad. Maguire in his first season and a half was pretty solid himself but then we saw too many flaws in his game. De ligt whenever I have seen him play looks a top cb. His performance against Arsenal for example last season in CL was amazing.

Yeh. I do notice that his tackle is better. Hopefully I'll see him in much better performance with us.

How exactly is he a leader in your opinion?
He captained ajax at a young age. I look at his interviews , always come across as someone who is a superb character. He is someone who won't go hiding or avoid receiving the ball.

Yes he will.make mistakes like any other player but the fact he has been bashed trolled for the past week or so with his Dutch side and here he plays an away game and delivers a motm performance shows his mentality.

Not the fastest but you can see he uses his brain to compensate. We don't need two rapid CB, Martinez and Yoro have that.

Today he showed leadership, loved it when he yelled at Amad, that's what our players need to do more with each other. He looks like he has a winning mentality too, something we lacked and he's also comfortable on the ball.

It's only game 4, 2 starts in-between a dodgy Netherlands performance, I think he was very good today and I love his presence in the box. If he continues to use his brain, he will be very good for us. Let's also recognise he is only 25, his peak os coming in a few years. Happy to have him here with a ridiculous fee looming on his head.